Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2014 7:29:48 PM EDT
Anyone been up to Sig Sauer Academy?  Have any idea of how it is?  I think I'd like to take the 1 day Advanced Tactical Rifle, Low Light class, and possibly a precision rifle class.

As well:  How the hell would/could I get my AR15 from CT to NH.. going through MA..?  Legally? Somehow?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Great school, instructors really work with people. Been there a couple times for rifle and pistol instructor. They have a sweet long range, but have not had the privilege to use it yet. As far as transporting weapons up there. The peaceable journey law applies. Sig will also take shipment of your gear and hold it for you. They are quite accommodating. Their courses are not easy, that is for sure. But you will learn a lot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their courses are not easy, that is for sure. But you will learn a lot.
View Quote

Exactly what I'm looking for.  If I have some income influx this summer I'd like to learn a bunch up there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I know quite a few people that have taken their classes (I have not taken any yet), but everyone talks highly of the instructors and training that was received.

I know a couple of the instructors, as they were my SWAT instructors that have since left LE and became instructors full time at SIG. They are great guys and have an extensive background in military and LE.

As for the weapons, if you have friends or family up here - you can always mail it to their house before the classes. If that is not an option, give SIG a call, I'm sure they can accommodate you.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have taken several classes. All excellent. Some carbine, some pistol.

Check out  Bullets and Bandages

Kick ass class.

Be sure the guns are in a locked container in the trunk of your car. Drive with the traffic.

Sig will loan you any equipment if you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top