Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2014 5:02:04 PM EDT
Who's going?  I'm in Squad 16 and shooting ESP / SS...because I'm a dumbass and shot my classifier this past week and did just good enough to get bumped up from MM where I was really comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess I'm the only one going.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Would love to hit this match someday.
Heard it was one of the best sanctioned IDPA matches out there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The match this year was very well organized. 18 stages of IDPA goodness.  Several of the stages were deceptively easy, and that was the mind fuck part of it.  Most of mysquad had issues on the "Standards" stages, but nothing grossly horrible.  HNT and misses seemed to be the biggest gig on those stages.  The SO's were good, but there was some inconsistency in huge scoring.  For example, your truly accidentally loaded a mag with 12 rounds. I got a procedural for it (that was 1 of my 6 for the match...yea, 6, no shit).  It was an honest mistake. A few stages later, it happens to another guy in my squad. He got the procedural AND an FTDR.  We talked to other squads who also corroborated our assessment about the inconsistencies.

The prize table was a little light...5 guns, that was it.  Those were random drawings and I didn't win any of them.

All in all, the match was well organized, well run, The Range has a great facility, and all around great people. I will be going back next year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The match this year was very well organized. 18 stages of IDPA goodness.  Several of the stages were deceptively easy, and that was the mind fuck part of it.  Most of mysquad had issues on the "Standards" stages, but nothing grossly horrible.  HNT and misses seemed to be the biggest gig on those stages.  The SO's were good, but there was some inconsistency in huge scoring.  For example, your truly accidentally loaded a mag with 12 rounds. I got a procedural for it (that was 1 of my 6 for the match...yea, 6, no shit).  It was an honest mistake. A few stages later, it happens to another guy in my squad. He got the procedural AND an FTDR.  We talked to other squads who also corroborated our assessment about the inconsistencies.

The prize table was a little light...5 guns, that was it.  Those were random drawings and I didn't win any of them.

All in all, the match was well organized, well run, The Range has a great facility, and all around great people. I will be going back next year.
View Quote

What was the Safety Officer's reason for the FTDR?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
SO said that a 3 second Procedural "just wasn't enough of a penalty" so he gave our buddy the FTDR, which you know carries a 20 second penalty.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Could of been different stages and the advantage having 12 rounds would of caused.
6 round stage see no reason for a ftdr
9+ I can see a ftdr.

Note:
not a SO or even shoot idpa much anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top