Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:00:14 PM EDT
Hello. I have spina bifida. I used to be able to walk just fine but I have had some surgeries on my spine the last two years. So now I have to use a walker or a wheelchair. Hopefully someday I will be back to walking. I would like to take some handgun classes and maybe some rifle classes.  Are there any instructors that have experience with someone that has a disability.  I live in Pennsylvania but I don't mind driving out of state.  

Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
We are in Alabama. We have worked with a few folks with non-standard moving parts. We like the challenge of working with you and defeating your challenges. AL is a far piece from PA, but you have a place on our deck if you ever get south.

www.lighthorsetactical.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask in your HTF about instructors, I know the NRA encourages instructors to work with students to compensate or overcome physical limitations, when I took my Personal Protection Inside the Home instructor course, one of the other students was in a wheelchair, he had to put his pistol on safe and place it in his lap to move between shooting stations.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You can train, there are lots of guys who don't stop when life hands them a raw deal, this guy who is on this forum makes life his bitch from the seat of his chair everyday.

http://youtu.be/1LI-KH_Y1oE
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can train, there are lots of guys who don't stop when life hands them a raw deal, this guy who is on this forum makes life his bitch from the seat of his chair everyday.

http://youtu.be/1LI-KH_Y1oE
View Quote

That's exactly what I would like to be able to do someday. Right now I just want to learn the basics.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are in Alabama. We have worked with a few folks with non-standard moving parts. We like the challenge of working with you and defeating your challenges. AL is a far piece from PA, but you have a place on our deck if you ever get south.

www.lighthorsetactical.com
View Quote

I will keep you in mind. I don't mind driving so you will probably hear from me someday in the future.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Check locally first to save yourself the time and expense of travel.

A "quality" instructor will adapt his teachings to your needs.
Top Top