Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 1:05:44 PM EDT
DEC tests

DEC Announces Falconry, Wildlife Rehabilitator, and Leashed Tracking Dog Examinations
Exams set for April 7; Registration deadline is March 17

I would love to do Falconry. Anyone do this ?

Says I need to apprentice first, which wouldn't be a problem except I don't know anyone who does this.

5 year licence for 40 bucks and you can have one bird or Raptor.

My brother got me a Birds of prey session / hands on for my Christmas which I haven't done yet.

Always wanted to do something like this since I read My side of the mountain.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to read up on the commitment required for falconry.  I looked into it years ago.  Falconry is a lifestyle not a hobby. You have to work and spend time with the bird every day. You have to build a suitable shelter for the bird this is not a little cage or bird house.  Read up on it and decide how committed you are to this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been reading.
It is a lot.
It is too much for my schedual.

To have a life and time....
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just leave a bunch of meat scraps in the yard, put on a welders glove, and pick up whatever comes to eat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
More control, more regulations, more fees. Shocked I am.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top