Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/17/2016 8:01:30 PM EDT
Anyone seen any signs of panic buying yet?  I have only seen a little so far just  A.R.'s over priced compared to last spring.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

Was over at RifleGear on Sat.....looked like a normal day, price was good on the M&P a bought
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.

Was over at RifleGear on Sat.....looked like a normal day, price was good on the M&P a bought
View Quote

You didn't notice their lack of stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

This is not a panic yet. When lowers are rare and are triple the price then we are in a panic. That could happen on Nov 9th.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

well, they had 2.....$3xx and $2xx, I did not fo
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have not seen any signs of a panic.
I think a panic only happens when something unexpected happens.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. Honestly, I think since the market in completely saturated with products and all of the consumers are pretty much worn out (out of money or interest) I dont think we will see anything close to what we saw in the spikes between 2007-2013.There is the gradual increase in sales (mostly concealable handguns) but now there is plenty of product to feed the demand so no one is "panicking". Considering the threat of war stirred up by the state department and white house right before this election, they just might be stupid enough to do something that could effect us even having an election. Im telling you, these special interest groups that want a global form of government will do anything to stop the rise of nationalism which is what you see in a lot of us on the right. IF something wacky does happen, the amount of guns or ammo you have may not matter this time around. I'll bet people will be more apt to look for things to eat and ways to stay warm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agreed. Honestly, I think since the market in completely saturated with products and all of the consumers are pretty much worn out (out of money or interest) I dont think we will see anything close to what we saw in the spikes between 2007-2013.There is the gradual increase in sales (mostly concealable handguns) but now there is plenty of product to feed the demand so no one is "panicking". Considering the threat of war stirred up by the state department and white house right before this election, they just might be stupid enough to do something that could effect us even having an election. Im telling you, these special interest groups that want a global form of government will do anything to stop the rise of nationalism which is what you see in a lot of us on the right. IF something wacky does happen, the amount of guns or ammo you have may not matter this time around. I'll bet people will be more apt to look for things to eat and ways to stay warm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will be a panic when cankles gets into office and the liberals think they can have a ban.  This will happen because of all the voters deciding to vote their conscience.  Then the people paying $100 for a glock 17 mag willl understand that their conscience cost them big time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually don't like making fun of people's weight, but referring to Hillary as "cankles" ain't bad. She has put on a pound or two over the last 30 years. Ya gotta give her credit as not looking bad as a young woman, that's about it.

The gun business looks like it is good from what I see. I am only a customer though. Weekend gun sales lines are long everywhere I go that sells guns. We go to at least one major gun retailer every weekend, along with a major department store.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Until the walmart ammo case is empty again, dont want to hear about a panic...
Anyone caught short this time around, its their own damn fault.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I usually don't like making fun of people's weight, but referring to Hillary as "cankles" ain't bad. She has put on a pound or two over the last 30 years. Ya gotta give her credit as not looking bad as a young woman, that's about it.

The gun business looks like it is good from what I see. I am only a customer though. Weekend gun sales lines are long everywhere I go that sells guns. We go to at least one major gun retailer every weekend, along with a major department store.
View Quote

I use cankles because most people don't have the ability to understand the term lying shit bag.  Not because they don't understand the individual words but because they can comprehend all the email leaks (or know that she has even been caught) and what they say to define her as a lying shit bag.  I could have also used spawn of satin but I don't want to insult satin that much.

I am also at a point in my life that I don't give a shit if someone is offended by what I say.  I have been called a racist for 8 years so why not be called misogynist for the next 8 if her health can hold out that long.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I use cankles because most people don't have the ability to understand the term lying shit bag.  Not because they don't understand the individule words but because they can comprehend all the email leaks (or know that she has even been caught) and what they say to define her as a lying shit bag.

I am also at a point in my life that I don't give a shit if someone is offended by what I say.  I have been called a racist for 8 years so why not be called misogynist for the next 8 if her health can hold out that long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use cankles because most people don't have the ability to understand the term lying shit bag.  Not because they don't understand the individule words but because they can comprehend all the email leaks (or know that she has even been caught) and what they say to define her as a lying shit bag.

I too, am a racist. (according to 2016 standards, I am a white male, employed, conservative, a veteran, a patriot and I live in reality where a duck is a duck)

Phuck that stupid kunt hoar, I hope she gags on the next huma pube that tangles itself around her uvula.

Keep you brass, it will be worth money soon if you dont reload.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Still getting 2 to 3 emails a day from PSA selling it cheap.

I've got a rifle in layaway, need to pay it off in the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I use cankles because most people don't have the ability to understand the term lying shit bag.  Not because they don't understand the individule words but because they can comprehend all the email leaks (or know that she has even been caught) and what they say to define her as a lying shit bag.  I could have also used spawn of satin but I don't want to insult satin that much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use cankles because most people don't have the ability to understand the term lying shit bag.  Not because they don't understand the individule words but because they can comprehend all the email leaks (or know that she has even been caught) and what they say to define her as a lying shit bag.  I could have also used spawn of satin but I don't want to insult satin that much.

I hear ya. I spent many years in first level management for a public corp. The shit I had to eat to just to keep my job made me sick. I had to go through human resources to ask somebody politely not to come into work with alcohol on their breath, smelling like a burning joint, or wearing the same shirt for days on end. I was called racist, anti-woman(I am not going to use a word I had to Google on the same day). I do have to watch what I say in public. That is just the way it is.
Personally, I think all politicians are lying shitbags. Spawn of Satan, I think I was married to for 7 years, and it was not Hillary. My wife was married to a shitbag herself before we got together. We joke about hooking up our ex spouses. We know it could not work, as neither of them felt it necessary to work. Ever.

Cankles, I like it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Stripped AR-15 lowers are very hard to come by right now.  When we get them in, they sell out by the end of the week.  Orders for stripped lowers from manufacturers to dealers is in excess of 7+ months waiting time.  We have thousands and thousands of stripped lowers due us from orders starting back since Thanksgiving of last year and February of this year.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been about 8yrs for my wife as well.
One day, I said according to the media, if you disagree with Obama it's either because you are too stupid to understand his policies or a racist.

She chose racist.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stripped AR-15 lowers are very hard to come by right now.  When we get them in, they sell out by the end of the week.  Orders for stripped lowers from manufacturers to dealers is in excess of 7+ months waiting time.  We have thousands and thousands of stripped lowers due us from orders starting back since Thanksgiving of last year and February of this year.
View Quote

I swear I will visit soon. I am sure it will rain on a weekend day coming up. You keep coffee available, right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

In searching for a cool local shop to deal with on my next build, I think I just found one.

I like keeping the $ I spend local, I really like spending it with ARFcom'ers.

I gotta build a 3 gun AR, soon....I am thinking it will start next month.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:25:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In searching for a cool local shop to deal with on my next build, I think I just found one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have contributed a fair amount of my income to RRG. Good shop. My only complaint is they don't put any traditional fixed front sight gas blocks on their uppers. But then I am old school.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have contributed a fair amount of my income to RRG. Good shop. My only complaint is they don't put any traditional fixed front sight gas blocks on their uppers. But then I am old school.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I've been using them for my local parts source, but I haven't really wanted to get any of their uppers for that reason. I prefer the A4 front sight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got in my final orders for ammo needs before the crazy starts in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]
The great thing about RR is all their stuff is put together in house and if you like something on the shelf but want to swap something out they'll do it. They had the exact upper I wanted but I wanted the MOE handguard in another color. No problems , went in the back and swapped it out.

My Buddy bought an upper off the shelf and wanted a NIB BCG and BCM charging handle. They took the original parts off,  subtracted the cost and charged him for the upgrades. I feel like a lot of places would have made him buy the upper as built and then made you pay for any upgraded parts on top of it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The great thing about RR is all their stuff is put together in house and if you like something on the shelf but want to swap something out they'll do it. They had the exact upper I wanted but I wanted the MOE handguard in another color. No problems , went in the back and swapped it out.

My Buddy bought an upper off the shelf and wanted a NIB BCG and BCM charging handle. They took the original parts off,  subtracted the cost and charged him for the upgrades. I feel like a lot of places would have made him buy the upper as built and then made you pay for any upgraded parts on top of it.
View Quote

I stopped in there yesterday to drop off a pistol to get sent out ( sold it).
I LIKE Runner Runner.
Some really good uppers and good guys and Nicole was fantastic.

I know exactly where I am getting my 3 gun AR from

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]
about 6 months ago, i saw a guy walk in with his wife and another older gentleman. his wife bought 50 spike's lowers that day. i told him it took me years to build up my collection, and he did it in one day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I made my second trip to Academy in like 8 months last night. Plenty of monarch 556 steel and 9mm brass, even the 9mm was on sale. They were just about out of hollow points though. I wanted to try some Critical Duty in a hipoint carbine.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I made my second trip to Academy in like 8 months last night. Plenty of monarch 556 steel and 9mm brass, even the 9mm was on sale. They were just about out of hollow points though. I wanted to try some Critical Duty in a hipoint carbine.

View Quote

There is a first. Somebody admitting to owning a hipoint. I would not mind one of the carbine 9's. I saw one at a gun show. It did not feel bad at all. How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is a first. Somebody admitting to owning a hipoint. I would not mind one of the carbine 9's. I saw one at a gun show. It did not feel bad at all. How does it shoot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead nuts, thats how they shoot.

I had a gen 1 and regret selling it.

I called her butterface, booming body, ugly as sin face
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw it at a gun shop a few weeks ago and it just fit. I stuck it in layaway and picked it up Friday. I haven't shot it yet, just seems kind of quirky, but for $269, meh... I'll use it as a beater. I got my hog trap running again and my 7 year old son wants to kill some hogs. Figure I can let him pop one or two in the head with this. It actually needs a foregrip because of the pic rail they mold into the stock.  Very moped like.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Gunshow this last weekend here in Amarillo. Fair number of lookers, very few with CASH in their hands. Lots of talk about the election of course......I didn't see much that I felt I needed in guns etc....One guy had some stripped Aero Lowers for $120....he left with a few I know.....Not many lowers around at the show.... I did sell a Palmetto Milspec Bolt, complete for $150 so that was nice....

I did buy a good number of magazines though. A guy was selling Center Ind. with the Tan follower for $10 apiece, new. I thought that was very fair and spent a pretty good chunk of change. Palmetto has their DH's on sale for $9 if you buy 20, of course they go up and down--- but lately, mostly up and then you have to pay shipping..... Really didn't need them but I felt the price was right, I had the money and they were right there, take possession immediately etc.........He said that what he had on the table was all he will have, his supplier won't return his phone calls right now. Maybe hype, I dunno but the mags were dated 2011 so it's not like he was restocking day by day...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I've spent all I can afford to spend on ammo already.

Wanted a lapua rifle but had to buy groceries
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like an ammo guzzler.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Seems like my email has been blowing up since about June with ammo sellers and their specials.

Hking
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Seems like my email has been blowing up since about June with ammo sellers and their specials.

Hking
View Quote

Never let a marketing opportunity go to waste.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#33]
No panix in Plano noted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I've done my final pre election purchases this week. One last order of mags and 2 years worth of reloading components.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#35]

As always people are waiting to buy depending on
the voting outcome.

Come November 8th and a potential Clinton
Win..

You will see panic sales
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I've heard 223 and 556 are starting to move pretty fast.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd buy more Russian ammo if I 'm not already loaded.    The way Washington is playing with Putin we can expect an executive order banning Russian import like they did with Chinese ammo.
And price of everything will go up.    Could happen before Clinton swears in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

I was in a couple weeks ago and asked about that.  Apparently a lot of their lowers went/are going to their CA location to meet demand there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I hit up the Front Sight Firearms 50% off sale today and scored a NIB 442 J frame for $215.00.  There were some crazy good deals on parts too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was in a couple weeks ago and asked about that.  Apparently a lot of their lowers went/are going to their CA location to meet demand there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

When I was there last Sat for the LTC class, they had 3.....and 2 of them were 200 and 300 bucks.....no thanks.....A Spikes ......and not sure on the other, say 29x and stopped there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When I was there last Sat for the LTC class, they had 3.....and 2 of them were 200 and 300 bucks.....no thanks.....A Spikes ......and not sure on the other, say 29x and stopped there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

where those just plain Spikes lowers or the billet lowers like the "warthog"?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

When I was there a few weeks back the sales guy said the prices are only going to go up because they can if it looks like cankles is going to win.   That's when I decided this was not the store for me.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm planning to go to an Austin gun show on Nov 13. Gun shows are generally lame, but I figure this could be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#44]
There's a mild one, but not great.  Most of the <$50 lowers are gone now.  Most of the low-cost on-line ammo is drying up (Wolf Gold is hard to find).  There's some to be found if you hunt, but availability is definitely slightly diminished.

November 9th could be quite interesting.  I expect a floodgate of panic then.  

On the local retail scene... that I'm not sure about.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I won't call it panic buying since I've wanted one for quite awhile...

Picked up a DD5V1 yesterday.  Was going to take it to the range today, but damn if I can find my back-up sights I had stashed.  

Need a few more mags and have to decide what kind of glass I'm going to put on it (if at all).
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I won't call it panic buying since I've wanted one for quite awhile...

Picked up a DD5V1 yesterday.  Was going to take it to the range today, but damn if I can find my back-up sights I had stashed.  

Need a few more mags and have to decide what kind of glass I'm going to put on it (if at all).
View Quote

That is a nice carbine.

It would be panic buying if you bought 10 of them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There's a mild one, but not great.  Most of the <$50 lowers are gone now.  Most of the low-cost on-line ammo is drying up (Wolf Gold is hard to find).  There's some to be found if you hunt, but availability is definitely slightly diminished.

View Quote

I guess I find it hard to believe that there are THAT many people that will be surprised the evening of November 8th,
and I suspect it will be an early evening.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I guess I find it hard to believe that there are THAT many people that will be surprised the evening of November 8th,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remembering the 1980 Reagan win, I think it will be an early evening with a Trump win.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Remembering the 1980 Reagan win, I think it will be an early evening with a Trump win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dallas may win the Superbowl, too.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Was at LGS and they were laughing at a Spikes stripped Jack 'skull' lower that they got in for a customer. The customer had paid >$300 for it online while they had the exact same lower in the case for $154.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top