Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2014 3:22:20 PM EDT
I don't know if I can post this here or not. If it matters to the Admin here, I am not making any money off this event, all of it is going to charity...mostly to Dakota Meyer's (Medal of Honor Recipient) foundation, FTWGA. SOWWHUNTS.org is included as well. Please remove if it is a violation.

We are holding an awesome Night Vision Live-Fire event outside of Austin, Tx, October 17th-18th. Military and LE have the 17th and the 18th is open to anyone. The fee's are paid straight to Dakota Meyer's (Marine Medal of Honor Recipient) foundation, For Those Who Gave All. Dakota will be present as well to meet and greet and hand out prizes.

One of the great things about this event is that we have so much industry support that you stand a very good chance of getting some free gear, whether it is a Team Wendy helmet, one of the two dozen Surefire lights, Night vision from Armasight, guns, scopes, etc. There are a TON of prizes!

Also, there are plenty of full auto weapons to shoot for free, SBR's, and silencers. There is a 600 yard KD course where you can shoot with Clip-On night vision devices, a couple carbine courses, a pistol course, a night vision driving course, and best of all, a helicopter that you can go for an aerial gun run in! At each lane, there will be an instructor, mostly ex delta or SEALs that will give instruction on using night vision device. It is a great time to get some pointers from those who know at no charge.

Also, each participant will get some first class barbeque, and a free T-Shirt. There are several vendors that will be set up with some great gear to try out and/or purchase.

This event will also be kind of a 2015 pre-show. The concept is this; Instead of having people look at the latest gear at SHOT show and see how good it looks on a display table, they can use night vision that has not been released yet in person and evaluate it in the field on a weapon or helmet. There are a LOT of new night vision systems that will be debuted at this event. Having seen some of them and been in on the development of some, I can say there is some awesome NV/Thermal gear coming out soon! Also, you will get to use a new Class 1 laser first hand that will blow any other C1 laser on the market out of the water, and you'll be the first people to see it.

I look forward to meeting any of you who are coming! There is a lot more taking place at the event that haven't typed out, but feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have regarding the events.

Steve Reichert (the sniper dude) will also be present as of now.

Please just contact me if you want the full flier to register.

~Title edit for clarity. Soowah.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I might have to make the drive for this one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I might have to make the drive for this one.
View Quote

You have a place to stay if you do

I might be down for this.  Sounds pretty bad ass sent you an IM
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got three committed thus far
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to see if I can get Friday off for this one, it's something I've never done before.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw registration is very limited, just took two spots
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
For a charity even it is hard to understand the giant pricing discrepancy.

In the interests opf charity though, Here is the link after I put a magnifier on it

https://noctober2014.eventbrite.com

ETA:

Good to see after 14 years ARFCOM figured out how to auto hot-link.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh?  Not much of a discrepancy.  30 not to shoot, 100 to shoot, 250 if you want to heli shoot.  100 is cheap to shoot.  Machine gun shoots usually have a cover fee then you pay per gun used which ranges 30-200 depending on the gun used.  I have never left a machine gun shoot spending less then 200 min and that is with no instruction
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Huh?  Not much of a discrepancy.  30 not to shoot, 100 to shoot, 250 if you want to heli shoot.  100 is cheap to shoot.  Machine gun shoots usually have a cover fee then you pay per gun used which ranges 30-200 depending on the gun used.  I have never left a machine gun shoot spending less then 200 min and that is with no instruction
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE prices:
500 @ $0 to watch - total charity money raised = $0
100 @ $30 to shoot - total charity money raised = $3000

Civilian
500 @ $30 to watch  - total charity money raised = $15000
100 @ $110 to shoot - total charity money raised = $11000

$3000 raised for charity by LE, $26000 raised for charity by civilian is a significant price difference. Generally charitable events are to raise money, not lose money. If folks can shoot full-auto weapons for free, they will lose money on LE night.. Not very charitable. If you are LE and want to help the charity, do not show up and help reduce the losses.

ETA - Do not want to bad-mouth charity for vets so I am pretty much done on this issue. Hope the math works out for the vets. I do not see it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My assumption would be the LE part is not for charity but to help cover costs because they are the ones that can and will buy this type of stuff in bulk where as the vast majority of civilians will not.  This gives civilians a rare opportunity to actually shoot and play with stuff they normally do not get to play with.  The charity portion is for the civilians where as LE is more of a demo day.  The MOH winner will only be there Saturday which is what led me to these assumptions.  Again though if 100 is too rich for your blood to get advice from professionals and shoot stuff that most of us either cannot afford or cannot legally own then sorry.  
Quoted:

LE prices:

Civilian

$3000 raised for charity by LE, $26000 raised for charity by civilian is a significant price difference. Generally charitable events are to raise money, not lose money. If folks can shoot full-auto weapons for free, they will lose money on LE night.. Not very charitable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE prices:

Civilian

$3000 raised for charity by LE, $26000 raised for charity by civilian is a significant price difference. Generally charitable events are to raise money, not lose money. If folks can shoot full-auto weapons for free, they will lose money on LE night.. Not very charitable.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Again though if 100 is too rich for your blood to get advice from professionals and shoot stuff that most of us either cannot afford or cannot legally own then sorry
View Quote

Nice, just for you I am going to go shoot my $50K Belt Gun from my $200K Hummer while carrying my Glock 18C - first I am going to write a $$$ check to the charity directly.

And since there are no hard feelings if you ever see me at a shoot ask to shoot any gun I have, no problem., ammo on me.

Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#12]
You paid 200k for a hummer?  You got ripped off bro.  Instead of trying to prove how bad ass you are by displaying the costs of various stuff you own just write them a check and move on?  In the mean time I will be riding around Austin in my 01 Camry that I paid 4750 for dreaming of my next gun.
Quoted:

Nice, just for you I am going to go shoot my $50K Belt Gun from my $200K Hummer while carrying my Glock 18C - first I am going to write a $$$ check to the charity directly.

And since there are no hard feelings if you ever see me at a shoot ask to shoot any gun I have, no problem., ammo on me.

Have a nice day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again though if 100 is too rich for your blood to get advice from professionals and shoot stuff that most of us either cannot afford or cannot legally own then sorry

Have a nice day.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My assumption would be the LE part is not for charity but to help cover costs because they are the ones that can and will buy this type of stuff in bulk where as the vast majority of civilians will not.  This gives civilians a rare opportunity to actually shoot and play with stuff they normally do not get to play with.  The charity portion is for the civilians where as LE is more of a demo day.  The MOH winner will only be there Saturday which is what led me to these assumptions.  Again though if 100 is too rich for your blood to get advice from professionals and shoot stuff that most of us either cannot afford or cannot legally own then sorry.  
View Quote

You would be surprised.  The LE folks have no money to spend on this gear.  The LEOs attending will likely have no budgetary authority for their departments anyway - that is reserved for the suits and politicians.  Civilians on the other hand, do have cash and often buy cool gear.  Most of this gear is not illegal to own for any US citizen.  I think they are missing an opportunity to sell gear AND make some money for the charity.

That said, I hope a lot is raised for vets - but the LE focus is wrong headed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
It was said that vendors will be there so there will be sales.  Sales 101 get enough people talking about something them those that can make decisions will.  As to my point on the legal standpoint it was geared more towards the automatics.  My guess is they will have stuff post 86 therefore illegal for us regular civilians.  Hell the silencer shoot a few months ago east of Dallas a company brought in an MP7.  Obviously one of those civilians cannot legally own.  I had no choice but to pony up and shoot it.  It was awesome to say the least
Quoted:

You would be surprised.  The LE folks have no money to spend on this gear.  The LEOs attending will likely have no budgetary authority for their departments anyway - that is reserved for the suits and politicians.  Civilians on the other hand, do have cash and often buy cool gear.  Most of this gear is not illegal to own for any US citizen.  I think they are missing an opportunity to sell gear AND make some money for the charity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll extrapolate a little, but before I go there, I'll return all the PM's first thing in the morning! I'm out of town untill tonight and can't get my email or the PDF up on my phone.

I hope I don't come off as crooked here. I want it to be transparent. Not every single dime brought in is going to charity. We will use some to pay for fuel, BBQ, and the rest will go to FTWGA and SOWW.  Dakota will be present, and has access to all the numbers, and I don't mind if anyone asks him what he gets out of it.

As of now, it looks like Steve Reichert  and IAn Harrison  will be there as well. Recoil magazine will cover the event .
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will agree with that.  One of the guys I worked with to put this together is an LE guy, so we're most of his contacts that helped make it happen, thus the influence in that direction. For my part, being a military guy, I call up military buddies and most of the time  they can't get leave for it. There are a lot of .mil guys coming though.

There indeed is a great opportunity to sell gear, and several sponsors will be doing that. I won't be, missing out or no. For me this is a favor for a good friend. I am getting a back surgery 5 days before the event, so it will be all I can do to just help manage the event.  There is a good chance I'll do a lot of it from the four wheeler.

We are renting the helicopter an extra night  to take a double amputee up and fulfill his dream of helo hog hunting.  

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer at all please.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have a nice day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a nice day.

I'm not going to lie, I've seen your pictures and I'm jealous. I've got some nice gear, but I don't have an H1 and a UTV with thermal, my own drown, or half your other stuff. If you want to bring any of it, Ifeel free!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Question on this event. You say Mil and LE will have 17OCT and Civi. 18OCT. Attached flier and registration only list LE. May I assume Mil. register same as LE and just show Mil ID vs. LEO ID?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone going from San Antonio? It might be fun to carpool.

Also if (as a civilian) I want to shoot is it $130 or just $100? I may try to scrounge up the extra $250 for a helo shoot too. but that could prove difficult.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Also if (as a civilian) I want to shoot is it $130 or just $100? I may try to scrounge up the extra $250 for a helo shoot too. but that could prove difficult.
View Quote

110 with taxes includes the range fee and shooting.  Heli though requires you to purchase the shooting fee or grounds fee on top of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

110 with taxes includes the range fee and shooting.  Heli though requires you to purchase the shooting fee or grounds fee on top of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks the helo part is another $285 which would be fun, but is not feasible. Too bad. I know 15 min of shooting sounds short but with full auto that can be a lot of ammo.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw the outfit that does the heli ride and it is a little bird helicopter which is just bad ass
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Question on this event. You say Mil and LE will have 17OCT and Civi. 18OCT. Attached flier and registration only list LE. May I assume Mil. register same as LE and just show Mil ID vs. LEO ID?
View Quote

Yessir. The flier needs that changed on it. If you run in to any issues there registering as .MIL, please let me know and I will make sure it happens.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone in the tyler longview area going?.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#25]
And wasn't this cross posted into the night vision forum? I could have swore civilians could attend both days but not shoot on mil day.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Dang! Looks like I might be going down to Austin next month.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Well i have emailed both the OP and the contact on the web page to no avail. Does anyone else have any more information about this? Trying to see how many slots are left open.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well i have emailed both the OP and the contact on the web page to no avail. Does anyone else have any more information about this? Trying to see how many slots are left open.
View Quote

Sending IM
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Freaking work. Asshats basically told me to come in Saturday, or get fired, even though I got the ok for the day off two weeks ago.

Meeting with the company head tomorrow to see if the boss man can talk some sense into the scheduling man.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Freaking work. Asshats basically told me to come in Saturday, or get fired, even though I got the ok for the day off two weeks ago.

Meeting with the company head tomorrow to see if the boss man can talk some sense into the scheduling man.
View Quote

Did you ever find out about open slots? I checked the charity website. They show two start times noon and 3pm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:33:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Did you ever find out about open slots? I checked the charity website. They show two start times noon and 3pm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did, there were still open Oct. 5th, I did not think to post that ... sorry fellow Texans.

You can get in touch with the organizer by going to this link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/noctober-registration-12423022595

Scroll down the page to the halfway point, and on the right side of the page, there is a "contact the event organizer" button. Enter your email info and he will email the address you provided.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys, I thought this thread got deleted, sorry. Admin told me it was getting canned. Anyways, if anyone has any questions hit me up. My cell number is 870-841-0170, call or text.
You can come both days if you want to. We made that change to make it better for participants.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Also, plenty of slots, we have been able to expand a little.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't know if I can post this here or not. If it matters to the Admin here, I am not making any money off this event, all of it is going to charity...mostly to Dakota Meyer's (Medal of Honor Recipient) foundation, FTWGA. SOWWHUNTS.org is included as well. Please remove if it is a violation.

We are holding an awesome Night Vision Live-Fire event outside of Austin, Tx, October 17th-18th. Military and LE have the 17th and the 18th is open to anyone. The fee's are paid straight to Dakota Meyer's (Marine Medal of Honor Recipient) foundation, For Those Who Gave All. Dakota will be present as well to meet and greet and hand out prizes.
One of the great things about this event is that we have so much industry support that you stand a very good chance of getting some free gear, whether it is a Team Wendy helmet, one of the two dozen Surefire lights, Night vision from Armasight, guns, scopes, etc. There are a TON of prizes!
Also, there are plenty of full auto weapons to shoot for free, SBR's, and silencers. There is a 600 yard KD course where you can shoot with Clip-On night vision devices, a couple carbine courses, a pistol course, a night vision driving course, and best of all, a helicopter that you can go for an aerial gun run in! At each lane, there will be an instructor, mostly ex delta or SEALs that will give instruction on using night vision device. It is a great time to get some pointers from those who know at no charge.
Also, each participant will get some first class barbeque, and a free T-Shirt. There are several vendors that will be set up with some great gear to try out and/or purchase.

This event will also be kind of a 2015 pre-show. The concept is this; Instead of having people look at the latest gear at SHOT show and see how good it looks on a display table, they can use night vision that has not been released yet in person and evaluate it in the field on a weapon or helmet. There are a LOT of new night vision systems that will be debuted at this event. Having seen some of them and been in on the development of some, I can say there is some awesome NV/Thermal gear coming out soon! Also, you will get to use a new Class 1 laser first hand that will blow any other C1 laser on the market out of the water, and you'll be the first people to see it.

I look forward to meeting any of you who are coming! There is a lot more taking place at the event that haven't typed out, but feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have regarding the events.

Steve Reichert (the sniper dude) will also be present as of now.

Please just contact me if you want the full flier to register.

http://i.imgur.com/tHDxHbv.png

~Title edit for clarity. Soowah.
View Quote

Would love to do this next year, but just now saw this and can't get Friday off with a week notice .
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#36]
The stuff that got donated is absolutely crazy. It far exceeded my expectations! I'll get a list of companies together that donated. If you come to the event, please make sure to thank them for their support!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Last night was freaking amazing!  Amazing raffle prizes, silent auction stuff went for pennies on the dollar!  Playing with stuff that is not civilian legal was a huge bonus as well!  The four tube panoramic night vision was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  The definition was insanely clear!  Maybe one of these days it will become civilian legal and I win the lottery!  The new Zeus pro is crazy and too bad somebody with deep pockets did not show up!  They could have got an L3 thermal for 10k or a zeus pro 100mm for 8!  I also decided to change ranges.  That range is a million times better than Austin Rifle Club.  It was a great time!  I was happy to make out like a bandit with raffle prizes!  EOTech exps3 and vortex diamondback binocs!  My brother in law won a surefire m600v which I traded strait up with a m600p since he has no use for IR.  It was also a true honor to meet Jim Smith!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Last night was freaking amazing!  Amazing raffle prizes, silent auction stuff went for pennies on the dollar!  Playing with stuff that is not civilian legal was a huge bonus as well!  The four tube panoramic night vision was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  The definition was insanely clear!  Maybe one of these days it will become civilian legal and I win the lottery!  The new Zeus pro is crazy and too bad somebody with deep pockets did not show up!  They could have got an L3 thermal for 10k or a zeus pro 100mm for 8!  I also decided to change ranges.  That range is a million times better than Austin Rifle Club.  It was a great time!  I was happy to make out like a bandit with raffle prizes!  EOTech exps3 and vortex diamondback binocs!  My brother in law won a surefire m600v which I traded strait up with a m600p since he has no use for IR.  It was also a true honor to meet Jim Smith!
View Quote

I was standing right next to you hahaha nice win on the EXPS3 and the binos.
The Surefire DSF 870 forend is still in the box, how bad do you want that EOTech?

That L3 quad tube NV was definitely one of of not the coolest things there. Amazing piece of tech.

Last night was all NV, IR, and Thermal suppressed greatness.

If I didn't live 4 hours away, I would've become a member of that range last night.

It was badass to be able to meet Jim Smith, and a real treat to be able to talk to and shoot with all of the other SOF guys there.

The proceeds went to a very worthy cause, the raffle and silent auction were freaking insane, and the whole event was just pure freaking badass.

I really hope this becomes a yearly event.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#39]
That was you that got the surefire?  I was really hoping you did not have a 870!  I also got the surefire ubr invictus for $325 in the silent auction!
Quoted:

The Surefire DSF 870 forend is still in the box, how bad do you want that EOTech?

That L3 quad tube NV was definitely one of of not the coolest things there. Amazing piece of tech.

If I didn't live 4 hours away, I would've become a member of that range last night.

It was badass to be able to meet Jim Smith, and a real treat to be able to talk to and shoot with all of the other SOF guys there.

The proceeds went to a very worthy cause, the raffle and silent auction were freaking insane, and the whole event was just pure freaking badass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Hahaha we're a Remington family for sure. Ain't nobody got time for a Mossberg. Lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hahaha we're a Remington family for sure. Ain't nobody got time for a Mossberg. Lol
View Quote

Are you the dad or the son?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#42]
IM sent
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#43]
This was our first foray into the whole NV, IR, and thermal stuff, aside from some old school tech from years past, and it was really something to be able to use these products side by side. Was definitely an awesome experience.

Much thanks to TNVC (still wish I could get a LOGF patch!), Armasight, ATK, all the other vendors, and especially the foundation For Those Who Gave All, who put this together.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Very cool event. I have no idea where you could try all that gear in one place. I did very good on the raffle. And not too bad on the silent auction. I wish I had the cash to bid on the pvs14. The tnvc gear was awesome. I really liked the four tube NV and the Steiner pistol setup. I might have to put some cash together for the new model TNVC is going to release. If they do the event again I will be sure to make it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Well guys, it sounds like Jerry and I didn't do too terrible putting this together?
It is a done deal, we are already planning for next year. Just through word of mouth, we already have more sponsors for next year than we had this year...by about 4x!

For any of you who didn't get to meet me in person, I was the guy who was standing with the extremely loud group of Rangers during the raffle the first night, and was hobbling around the range both nights in the staff shirt. I had an amazing time and it was great to meet some of you.
If you will please do a couple things for me:
Once I post a list of the sponsors email addresses, please drop them a mass "thank you" to ensure they come back.
Also, please tell me what I need do to make this event better, and what I need to keep from this year.
The rotations got screwed up Saturday night, and that is completely my fault. It wont happen next year.
Thanks to everyone who participated!

Me on Saturday...the gimpy dude with a sunburn.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Oh yeah, I also apologize for Dakota Meyer not being there like I said he would. He called Wednesday night saying he had to go into surgery Thursday morning. The surgery went well, but he was not in any shape to travel. I apologize for that, and have spoke to him since. He WILL be there next year in a big way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8incqrfHQM
Here is a trailer that a buddy made for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well guys, it sounds like Jerry and I didn't do too terrible putting this together?
It is a done deal, we are already planning for next year. Just through word of mouth, we already have more sponsors for next year than we had this year...by about 4x!

For any of you who didn't get to meet me in person, I was the guy who was standing with the extremely loud group of Rangers during the raffle the first night, and was hobbling around the range both nights in the staff shirt. I had an amazing time and it was great to meet some of you.
Once I post a list of the sponsors email addresses, please drop them a mass "thank you" to ensure they come back.
Also, please tell me what I need do to make this event better, and what I need to keep from this year.
The rotations got screwed up Saturday night, and that is completely my fault. It wont happen next year.

http://i.imgur.com/6mSP43x.jpg
View Quote

I was hoping you would post some sponsor contact info. I have already thanked TNVC in the industry forum. Other than the rotations getting fubar it was a awesome event. I will be back if you run it again. I think it would have helped to let everyone know how much time was allowed per rotation and about the warning horn between rotations. It seemed like the last two were cut real short. Capping attendance would be good just so everyone has enough time to get hands on at each station. Thanks again for a great event.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was hoping you would post some sponsor contact info. I have already thanked TNVC in the industry forum. Other than the rotations getting fubar it was a awesome event. I will be back if you run it again. I think it would have helped to let everyone know how much time was allowed per rotation and about the warning horn between rotations. It seemed like the last two were cut real short. Capping attendance would be good just so everyone has enough time to get hands on at each station. Thanks again for a great event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/6mSP43x.jpg

All excellent points, thanks for taking the time to point them out! I am working on a list of contact info for every single sponsor.
I screwed up the rotations of the lanes once, so that wont happen again.
What do you think about telling everyone, how many lanes there are, and telling them they have 5 hours to see them all, in the order they would like? Too much chaos? Or would it be good so you as an individual can prioritize and see more of what you like? I just want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes I made this year. I am not a logistics guy...if you couldn't tell!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I think just letting everyone roam would be a real mess. Some of the popular lanes might get backed up. Then everyone might not get a chance at every lane. That might also be unfair to the vendors. Having it broken into small groups that moved between stations was a good idea. I think explaining the rotation from the start would have helped. Also some of the lanes ran smoother than others. I would think the vendors might make some changes if they did it again also. They might be able to give you some helpful feedback. It was a great event. I don't know of any other event where you could go hands on with that much gear. And even gear not yet released or unavailable to the public.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top