Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2008 3:30:59 PM EDT
Hey all,

MAST is going to be conducting a Force on Force training utilizing the airsoft "Shoothouse" next month, Sept 27th from 8AM to 5PM. For those of you that have taken this course, please speak up. It is not posted on MAST website, but I know first hand it is happening.
THis is one of the best courses you can take to put all your previous training to work in a live fire simulation (airsoft of course). The facility is a 3600 sqft, 2 story mock residential home, fully furnished. It also has a 10 camera recording system to catch all the action for review and critique.
I can't recommend this course enough!!  You will be doing everything from shooting static targets to warm up, to meeting a perp at the front door stealing your TV!! Lots of different scenarios to test your "shoot / no shoot" skills. You will also learn tons of
low light skills with your flashlight.
If you have your own equipment, great!  If not, Academy sells all sorts of semi auto airsoft pistols that are CO2 driven and will light you up!! Most are 15 round and around $40 to $50 plus the ammo is dirt cheap!! You will also need a full face paintball mask, gloves and a thick, long sleeved shirt. Unless you are just a total badass, you will want protection from these pellets. THe pain adds to the intensity.
This is an adrenallin packed day, but since the facility is inside and fully ventillated, it is not physically demanding so you can focus on your skills without worrying about getting over worked.
Here are some pics. Sorry about the construction going on around the perimeter, but you can get an idea of the SIZE of the facility. It has 5 external points of entry, not including all the windows. Inside, there is a Labrynth of doors, closets, crawl spaces, etc. All rooms have working light switches that have a master overdie int he control room. The cameras record day and low light. For those of you that are paying close attention, that is not a dead person lying by the door. It is a Rescue dummy which is used for "man down" drills.

and as soon as MAST releases the tuition and info, I will post it here. If you think you might be interested and want more info, feel free to IM me with a number and I can call you.
I am a fireman and we and other LEO agencies use the facility often for our training. It is NW Harris County close to Willowbrook Mall.

Later, Mike
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep us informed.....that's close to the casa!

Sweet!

Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sweet!

Date: 27th September 2008

Time:  0800-1730

Cost: $225.00 per student.  $100.00 deposit required.  IM me from info.

Minimum-Maximum Student: Min is 6 and Max is 12. Let us know and send your deposit to hold your spot!

Curriculum:  “SHOOTHOUSE”

FORCE-ON-FORCE

Our client base has asked the pertinent question; how do I protect myself inside of my “domain?”  MAST has provided class instruction in both Low-light as well as no-light training.  Sound techniques that in a live fire evolution work for an individual in its most pure and basic form.  However, to TRULY understand and achieve the desired effect of this underestimated dynamic, MAST has provided a truly unique environment to test your abilities in a persuasive manor.

MAST has developed a program for the individual or perhaps families, friends of like mind, or groups to simulate heart-pounding, intellect intense, and dynamic active shooter curriculum.  

The structure provides you with a “complete” 2-story house to learn and engage in.  Such things as furniture, closets, stairs, multiple rooms with adjacent rooms, light switches, attic, etcetera, helps provide the realism that cannot be found elsewhere.  

CLASS “A” structure is as follows: 8-10 hours

·        No light event/training on active “house invasion” in progress

·         Family environment with kids upstairs.  What should we do, when should we act, who does what?

·        “Invasion” robbery in progress when you arrive home

·        Driving your vehicle into the “hanger” to the house “invasion” in progress/procedures

Active shooters (you/instructors) will be present during live Airsoft training.  Low-light training will be a leading factor of this program.  Understanding what rooms (if any) and how to move to you loved ones/avoid confrontation or act upon.  Active shooter drills “clearing” your house (very difficult as you will see).  What “equipment” is required to have on-hand to achieve the goals?  

This training is adjusted mid-day for the individual student.  We want you to share your circumstances (do you live alone, apartment/house, do you park in the garage, etcetera).  

Requirements:

·         Long shirt, pants of some sort, paintball mask, additional eye protection

·         Airsoft gun, Green Gas, and pellets

·         NO FIREARMS WILL BE PERMITTED ON YOUR PERSON.  WE WILL CHECK IN ALL PERSONAL FIREARMS AND TRIPLE CHECK DURING THE SAFETY BRIEF.  If you are seen handling ANY firearm for any reason AT ANYTIME you will be asked to leave.  A locked secure area will be provided for your carry gun (s).

·        MAST has the right to turn away any student at any time throughout the day.  

·         Additional information will be provided during registration.  

Best from the MAST Team.

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I drove up from Galveston County for the class, well worth every mile. This is a class like no other, really puts things in perspective. It will show ya how you will act in a stressful situation.

Quoted:

Sweet!

Link Posted: 8/22/2008 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I drove up from Galveston County for the class, well worth every mile. This is a class like no other, really puts things in perspective. It will show ya how you will act in a stressful situation.

Quoted:

Sweet!

I doubt my CHL will be here by then.  Probably won't have it till late October!  Bummer!
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet!

I doubt my CHL will be here by then.  Probably won't have it till late October!  Bummer!

TheGunny,

Don't worry about your CHL...this is a one day Force-on-Force class.  Your good to go.

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com

Link Posted: 8/24/2008 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Academy has a SIG airsoft. 20 round mag powered by CO2. Just bought one as a back up and shot about 80 rounds before having to replace a CO2 cartridge. Shoots just as hard as a green gas. Great gun for this class.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Academy has a SIG airsoft. 20 round mag powered by CO2. Just bought one as a back up and shot about 80 rounds before having to replace a CO2 cartridge. Shoots just as hard as a green gas. Great gun for this class.

MAST has Co2 bottles if people need them...please let us know.  

Best,

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Just talked to MAST and looks like the student count is already 6. This is gearing up to be a good class becuase the more people that are there, the better! Different scenarios and even team tactics can be performed with more people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Student count is close to 10 now. Still room. If you need a gun, there will be some extras there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there should be a good time. I borrowed a beretta 92 gas gun from a friend that fits my serpa.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll be there should be a good time. I borrowed a beretta 92 gas gun from a friend that fits my serpa.

Great. Don't forget a flashlight for low light training.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered 5 CO2 Airsoft M9's and 5 extra mags for the class.  (15 round semi auto 380FPS with light rail). I will be happy to loan or sell to anyone that might want to take the class but didn't have an airsoft. The cost for each gun is $45. The extra mag is $16.
Like I said, I would be happy to loan them out, but would recommend buying one to practice at home with your draw stroke or whatnot.

M
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The Shoothouse has 12 deposits received...leaving only 4 slots left.

If you would like an opportunity for a truly unique cost effective and persuasive  training please let the MAST team know ASAP.  If your deposit is on the way and we have not been in contact please let us know as well.  Possibly a closed class.  

Thanks from the MAST team.

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com  
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the class is full, but still worth checking into with MAST. There will be another in late novemeber.
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in the Fort Worth area and plan on going. Anyone up from this area going and game for riding together?

Let me know :)
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Who's goin'
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still coming.
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm still coming. (barring another hurricane, of course)
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I plan on being there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I plan on being there.

I'll be there!  

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#22]
where will we meet up? address?
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope to make it
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
where will we meet up? address?

12070 Perry Road
Houston 77070
Harris County Key Map 369Q

1 block north of FM 1960 on left. Facility is in the same building as Cypress Creek Fire Dept. Station 24.  Can't miss it!!

Class starts at 8AM sharp. Try to get there early for paperwork and safety briefings.
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone have an AAR? I missed this class due to an family emergency and would very much like know what I missed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#26]
AAR

there ya go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top