Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 5:26:16 PM EDT
When:  March 3rd 10:00am - 7:00pm
where:  East Texas Rifle & Pistol and club range in Longview
Cost:  $7-$8 per person for food (pork loin, maybe some ribs, sausage, chicken, etc...)

No range cost because you will be a guest of the East Texas Machinegun subgroup of the club.  ETRPC

Rules - No tannerite, explosives, smoke bombs, or anything that could cause fire.  
          No 50bmg  
          No alcohol prior to or during shooting
          You MUST bring your common sense
          You must NOT bring your bad attitude
          YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE NFA ITEM (doesn't matter what, you will just have to have one SBR, SBS, silencer, MG, pen gun, I don't care, just something of interest that requires a stamp)

Directions to the range are on the website above but if you need further help, you can email me and I will get you my cell number.  

We DO NOT have a lot of room.  We have reserved one small range and can't accomidate a lot of folks so we waited until now to post this.   Don't come expecting a HUGE MG shoot with a couple of hundred folks.  We are thinking more like 15 full auto shooters.   It's not going to be a big spectator show.  

Also, if your into long range shooting, forget it.  We have one short little range for full auto reserved.  Your not going to get any long range target shooting in.   This is mostly designed for full auto shooting.  I will have my registerd 37mm launcher there shooting some batons, bb's and stuff like that, so if you have a 203 with some practice rounds or something it's cool.  
SBS's will be cool since again, we will only have a short little range.

Basically, if you like to spray bullets as fast as you can, COME JOIN US!

Questions can be directed to myself, smallchange, fister, or hkpre86
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, if you do plan on coming, you WILL need my phone number to get into the electronic gate so remember to email me and I'll get it to you.

Should be lots of good food and lots of brass flying!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
DFW crew?  Anyone?  
Hrt4me said he was coming.  
TRG?

Bigdozer?  How about your crew down South?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife's out of town, I may be by but I'll have two little one's with me......
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have one of the cages from my parents Rhodesian Ridgeback you could use.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I understand, you know I have been out there with Froggirl many times.   I know you probably won't be able to stay all day, but be sure and come for a little while!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one of the cages from my parents Rhodesian Ridgeback you could use.

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya'll always schedule this stuff on days I have to work dammit!
Well, I wasn't originally scheduled to work, but my truck broke, and I'm pulling OT to pay for it
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have loved to go to this, but I'm stuck at work. Meh!

Maybe I'll make the next one and bring a few toys.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey!  Great to hear from one of our neighbors.  I was getting pretty discouraged about you guys.  I cross posted this in the LA hometown and it was read like 13 times in 4 days.   In the TX forum, posts are read 14 times within 5 minutes of posting!  Zack, keep an eye out, we are going to make this a somewhat frequent event.  It's nothing huge simply because we don't have room for a hundred folks but it's going to be a dang good time.  We usually post even when there are going to just be a few of us at the range.  Come join us!   As long as one of the club members is there, it won't cost you anything to come shoot.  Well...actually...it might...depends on what kind of cool toys you have.   We might charge you shooting time on your toy!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey!  Great to hear from one of our neighbors.  I was getting pretty discouraged about you guys.  I cross posted this in the LA hometown and it was read like 13 times in 4 days.   In the TX forum, posts are read 14 times within 5 minutes of posting!  Zack, keep an eye out, we are going to make this a somewhat frequent event.  It's nothing huge simply because we don't have room for a hundred folks but it's going to be a dang good time.  We usually post even when there are going to just be a few of us at the range.  Come join us!   As long as one of the club members is there, it won't cost you anything to come shoot.  Well...actually...it might...depends on what kind of cool toys you have.   We might charge you shooting time on your toy!  

Eh, just a M16, and a couple of cans. Got a suppressed M11/9 coming home soon though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Eh, just a M16, and a couple of cans. Got a suppressed M11/9 coming home soon though.

No such thing as "just a" when it comes to NFA!  ANything and everything you have is cool.   I don't have an M16!   I have an AC-556 because I'm too cheap to spend twice what I spent on my machinegun to buy one like yours.  I'm actually considered an M11/9.  Still thinking about it.   I have spent way too much the last 12 months on cans, my MG and other stuff.   Keep your eyes on the TX forum.  We would love to have you over.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No such thing as "just a" when it comes to NFA!  ANything and everything you have is cool.   I don't have an M16!   I have an AC-556 because I'm too cheap to spend twice what I spent on my machinegun to buy one like yours.  I'm actually considered an M11/9.  Still thinking about it.   I have spent way too much the last 12 months on cans, my MG and other stuff.   Keep your eyes on the TX forum.  We would love to have you over.  

compared to this guy, yeah "just a M16" applies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I'll be there despite what rumors certain people are trying to spread about me.

Hopefully my new G3/HK91 parts kit build will be completed so I can play with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well I'll be there despite what rumors certain people are trying to spread about me.

Hopefully my new G3/HK91 parts kit build will be completed so I can play with it.

WTF im not in the loop
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I spent a little time last night and tonight preparing our feast.   I should have taken some pictures before I put it all up in the fridge.   We are having, pork tenderloins, BBQ chicken, beer but (drunken) chicken, brats, smoked sausage, pork chops, steak ka-bobs, and ribs.   That's not to mention the homemade pintos that are cooking with chopped up smoked venison sausage.    

The big bbq pit I borrowed (since mine isn't finished yet, damn welder keeps getting too busy:) showed up this afternoon.  

We are set for a heck of a feast!

I'm planning on getting out there around 9:00 Saturday if all goes well (which it probably won't).   I just want to get the fire going early so we will have some food ready for lunch.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I spent a little time last night and tonight preparing our feast.   I should have taken some pictures before I put it all up in the fridge.   We are having, pork tenderloins, BBQ chicken, beer but (drunken) chicken, brats, smoked sausage, pork chops, steak ka-bobs, and ribs.   That's not to mention the homemade pintos that are cooking with chopped up smoked venison sausage.    

That's a lot of food for the 5 of us.

Link Posted: 3/1/2007 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's a lot of food for the 5 of us.

There's going to be more than 5!   Hrt4me is coming and so is RenegadeX (right guys!?)  

Gerard is coming if you hadn't heard.   I think we are going to have about the right amount of people.  It should be really cool.  

I'm actually cooking some extra in case Doug or some of the other officers are out and about.  We have to feed them for brownie points.
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF im not in the loop

Well....that was the idea.........
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF im not in the loop

Whatever.  How many of your spare parts did you end up sticking on my gun last night?  Is it going to come home looking like a cobbbled-together pile of spares from the bottom of 86's closet?  (As opposed to a cobbled-together pile of parts from my parts kit.)

Oh, and did you put that sear in for me?  I was serious when I offered to cover the tax...
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Google Earth has a pretty decent resolution image of the range.

Death from above...
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#23]
See yall in the morning!

Link Posted: 3/2/2007 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, I can't believe this is the first time I've read this thread. I broke my finger Wed night and am not feeling too well, otherwise the wife and I would have made it out.

Have fun! Will catch it the next time around.
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Wow, I can't believe this is the first time I've read this thread. I broke my finger Wed night and am not feeling too well, otherwise the wife and I would have made it out.

Have fun! Will catch it the next time around.

I think we are going to make this a somewhat regular event.   Look forward to seeing you at the next one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top