Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 9:03:40 PM EDT
Could you recommend somewhere I could buy enough land to build a house and shoot on the property?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
First, pick an area or county - this isn't Rhode Island.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coast, midlands, and up state are all pretty different places.  You first have to choose one.
View Quote
How about coast?  Anyplace I could get enough land for a house and to shoot for about 300k?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How about coast?  Anyplace I could get enough land for a house and to shoot for about 300k?
View Quote
Western Horry County or anywhere in Georgetown County would put you on the coast and in a rural area. Below that, it's Charleston and Beaufort, which are more expensive and less rural. If you back up one county from the coast, you could buy a lot more but there are trade offs, like less infrastructure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to the county of interest website and look at the zoning requirements - should not be a problem in rural areas, but do check it out. Also let the hive know which county so they may offer input.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go to the county of interest website and look at the zoning requirements - should not be a problem in rural areas, but do check it out. Also let the hive know which county so they may offer input.
View Quote
Will do.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you been to SC before?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top