Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 11:25:33 PM EDT
Hey SC Brothers and Sisters!
My daughter is graduating from Marine Corps recruit training on March 31st and due to the fact that grandpa is afraid of flying I am driving him from Northern Utah to MCRD Parris Island to witness the ceremony.
I will be driving my motorhome and will have a pistol and most likely a rifle with me. Called Parris Island provost marshals office and they said absolutely no weapons allowed on base. The problem lies with the fact that we are actually staying at the RV park on base and I don't know what to do with the weapons.
I have no interest in not complying with their rules so that is not an option.
Anyone have any idea if there is a gun shop or shooting range in the area (will be staying a few nights in Hilton Head) that may be able to offer temporary safe keeping? Maybe some facility that has lockers? (Will break the AR down so it will store in a duffle)
Been thinking out of the box a little and have come up with some unconventional ideas but hoping someone might have a better option that pawning them for a couple of days :)
Thanks and I can't wait to see South Carolina!
Scott

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey SC Brothers and Sisters!
My daughter is graduating from Marine Corps recruit training on March 31st and due to the fact that grandpa is afraid of flying I am driving him from Northern Utah to MCRD Parris Island to witness the ceremony.
I will be driving my motorhome and will have a pistol and most likely a rifle with me. Called Parris Island provost marshals office and they said absolutely no weapons allowed on base. The problem lies with the fact that we are actually staying at the RV park on base and I don't know what to do with the weapons.
I have no interest in not complying with their rules so that is not an option.
Anyone have any idea if there is a gun shop or shooting range in the area (will be staying a few nights in Hilton Head) that may be able to offer temporary safe keeping? Maybe some facility that has lockers? (Will break the AR down so it will store in a duffle)
Been thinking out of the box a little and have come up with some unconventional ideas but hoping someone might have a better option that pawning them for a couple of days :)
Thanks and I can't wait to see South Carolina!
Scott

View Quote

Take them to a Pawn Shop, put them up for consignment at an unreasonable price. When you are going to leave, return and say you changed your mind, found a different buyer, etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm from HHI, and surrounding areas.   Have a good friend that owns a gun shop on HHI called Leonard's Shooting Supply.  He can hold your weapons being an FFL dealer.  (Although there is a rule that HHI cannot have bars on windows, so deals out of a hair cutting shop ((for the past 30 years)).  His number 843-341-2639 and address 55 New Orleans Rd, Suite 111, HHI SC 29928.  South end of the island.

If that does not work, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].  

Say congratulations to your daughter and thank her for her service for me.  

Wolfganggross (Kevin Gross)
(please mention my name)

(Leonard's Haircutting 2, 843-785-6367 if the other number does not work.)
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to everyone who offered up help and ideas.

Had some family come in that secured a local motel room so I had someone to babysit my gear.

Loved South Carolina except for the damn nats.

Thanks again...

Scott
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not pawn the pistol or let an FFL dealer log it in his log book. Federal law prohibits someone from out of state from getting a handgun from a dealer. If you pawn the handgun you will have to fill out a 4473 and go through a NICS check. You will be denied if you don't have a SC drivers license. The rifle will not be a problem.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
nevermind...... read that wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top