Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2015 5:22:04 AM EDT
Pension Lawsuit

A Federal Judge rules Christie must follow the contract. When will people realize that NJ Politions are crooks. I paid my share + some. My Agency paid their share, but the Govenors have for years used the 'EMPLOYEE's' Pension fund to balance te budget to make themselves look good to the voters. So they get elected for 25 years and collect from the Pension Fund. Only they are not Employees, they are elected.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#1]
So he has that going for him as well as the bankrupt Transportation Trust Fund they refuse to address.
He's batting 1000.
He should run for president too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#2]
don't forget the $300 Million to Revel and $450 Million to Bluecross, He did save AC, well said he would, now the town is in th dumper
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
His solution is to increase our percentage, like he did before and when he added the health insurance tax, that is all he is doing is adding taxes.... maybe his name should be King George?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly, we write what we see to hold them and Prosecutor sorts it out
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey LD, are you by chance in the wrong thread?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#9]
How close are we ( NJ ) to looking like Greece
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, let's keep paying those pensions, let's double down on those sweet, sweet government medical bennies. Let's continue stealing from the transportation funds, taxing gasoline, bailing out corps, and squandering the justly stolen incomes of millions. Hurrah for the police! Continue consuming misappropriated tax revenues with your early, out of state retirement! Let's get those teacher's medical benefit contributions thrown out next! After all, this is America dammit, where being a government stooge is the best gig in town.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, let's keep paying those pensions, let's double down on those sweet, sweet government medical bennies. Let's continue stealing from the transportation funds, taxing gasoline, bailing out corps, and squandering the justly stolen incomes of millions. Hurrah for the police! Continue consuming misappropriated tax revenues with your early, out of state retirement! Let's get those teacher's medical benefit contributions thrown out next! After all, this is America dammit, where being a government stooge is the best gig in town.
View Quote

Benefits to corporations are one thing. But the pension system  was funded by the employees and their agency by contract. But starting with Whitman, the NJ governors have borrowed money from it an not paid it back, the state has refused to pay their share, and the politicians are dipping into it for their personal retirements. As for health benefits, NJ Blue cross is one of the largest recipients of corporate welfare, contributes to Christie and keeps raising the prices of their packages. Add to that the promise of Christie  that no Non profit CEO should make more than he does. Look up his buddy that heads Bluecross, it is a non profit corporation
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Benefits to corporations are one thing. But the pension system  was funded by the employees and their agency by contract. But starting with Whitman, the NJ governors have borrowed money from it an not paid it back, the state has refused to pay their share, and the politicians are dipping into it for their personal retirements. As for health benefits, NJ Blue cross is one of the largest recipients of corporate welfare, contributes to Christie and keeps raising the prices of their packages. Add to that the promise of Christie  that no Non profit CEO should make more than he does. Look up his buddy that heads Bluecross, it is a non profit corporation
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the transportation fund was funded with tax revenue, pilfered, funded with tax revenue again, and pillaged again.. And now there's commercials on the radio telling me if I don't turn out my pockets, for a third time, the bridges are going to collapse on my kids' heads. What's your point? Your crooked unions made bedfellows with the most crooked game in town, and now you're crying foul?

You voluntarily got into bed with the devil, I was just born into this mess.

So good for the guys in blue! We all know you earned it. Hey, BTW, I heard there's an 83 year old grandma with a red rider bb gun that's just itchin' to do a 5 to 10 stretch in the big house. Best scoop her up, that bust will help justify another couple mil for some cool new SWAT gear!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And the transportation fund was funded with tax revenue, pilfered, funded with tax revenue again, and pillaged again.. And now there's commercials on the radio telling me if I don't turn out my pockets, for a third time, the bridges are going to collapse on my kids' heads. What's your point? Your crooked unions made bedfellows with the most crooked game in town, and now you're crying foul?

So good for the guys in blue! We all know you earned it. Hey, BTW, I heard there's an 83 year old grandma with a red rider bb gun that's just itchin' to do a 5 to 10 stretch in the big house. Best scoop her up, that bust will help justify another couple mil for some cool new SWAT gear!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are too busy looking at you, she can wait
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are too busy looking at you, she can wait
View Quote

'Aint that the truth, background checks, investigations, fees, 6 month waits, excessive paperwork, ostracization... All for little old me and my BB gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
This same Judge ruled in favor of CC over the supoenas 'bridge gate'.

Now she is a 'judicial activist '.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Focus on the issue.  The state screwed up the pensions.  The Police and fire and the local governments have been paying what they were supposed to.  They were doing the right thing.  The state hasn't been keeping up their end.  

( I don't know about the teachers pensions.  That is why i left them out)
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Focus on the issue.  The state screwed up the pensions.  The Police and fire and the local governments have been paying what they were supposed to.  They were doing the right thing.  The state hasn't been keeping up their end.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The teachers is a state pension. The funds that were managed and funded, unraped by the governors is what he wants to tap to cover his theivery. If your employer refused to pay their share of Social Security or Pension...withheld the money for other purposes... they would go to jail
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The teachers is a state pension. The funds that were managed and funded, unraped by the governors is what he wants to tap to cover his theivery. If your employer refused to pay their share of Social Security or Pension...withheld the money for other purposes... they would go to jail
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I thought but I didn't want to make assumptions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fun how the Fed.Gov got away with raping SSI by throwing it into the "GENERAL FUND" - and of course NO ONE GETS TO BE BUBBA's GF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fun how the Fed.Gov got away with raping SSI by throwing it into the "GENERAL FUND" - and of course NO ONE GETS TO BE BUBBA's GF.

Cheat on your taxes and see what happens
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#22]
FACT:  New Jersey faces $37 billion in unfunded pension liabilities, according to a report from Christie’s pension commission. Each household would have to write a check for $12,000 to  close
            the gap, the commission said.

FACT:   Retiree health benefits add another $53 billion in unfunded liabilities.

Those costs consume 8 percent of the state budget, and according to Christie’s commission, could grow to 14 percent of the budget within 10 years.

Part of the problem, the commission says, is that 80 percent of public workers are enrolled in what would be considered a “platinum” plan under the Affordable Care Act.

“The state health programs provide generous benefits with little pricing incentive for employees to select anything but plans with the most comprehensive coverage and highest cost to the                       s           state,” the report says.

In addition, the commission noted that beginning in 2018, the federal government will impose a 40 percent excise tax on such plans that would cost the state another $58 million that year        
         and $284 million by 2022.

My rant;

It is totally absurd to think that the non state government wage earner will be able to provide these former "public servants" with the tax dollars promised by so many whoring politicians throughout the years in exchange for public union votes.

Wake up and realize that NJ has a negative flow of new population, the tax base is decreasing rapidly and hell man, I have my own money problems to deal with.  Sorry if some union boss made you a promise they can't keep.
Today when you smell the roses, they stink like crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top