Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2014 6:15:26 AM EDT
Anyone here a member?  I'm moving down to NJ in a few weeks and am looking for a range to call home.  This one is super close to where I'll be living but shit is it expensive especially that "initiation fee" whatever the hell that means.  I'm coming from Vermont where ranges are like $30 a year if you don't feel like shooting in your backyard.  This is $100 a year plus the one time $300 "fee".

Just wanna know if it's worth it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never been there but the membership cost is actually fairly inexpensive compared to other private clubs throughout the state.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm born and raised in NJ so I'm aware of how expensive living is, it's almost as much as Vermont since it's more liberal here.

I didn't realize gun clubs would try and stiff members too though.  Oh well
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:28:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a member there, IMO it's worth the fees. It's well maintained clean safe place to shoot. I don't get out there as much as I would like. People there are friendly and safe, ranges are covered concrete, plenty of tables.
It's open membership so my best guess is the initiation fee might be to try and keep some riff raff out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm born and raised in NJ so I'm aware of how expensive living is, it's almost as much as Vermont since it's more liberal here.

I didn't realize gun clubs would try and stiff members too though.  Oh well
View Quote

Gun clubs are not trying to "stiff" anyone. I'm the VP of one of them.
It's all about the costs to have such a thing as a range and club house on 5 acres and mainly its the "TAXES" that suck the life blood from it.

We have a private range & private club with a membership of just under 20.
We each pay $600.00 a year.  

It used to be $300 a year till the tax man cometh to assess his "fair share".  

RW3
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quinton is a nice range.

I'm a member at south jersey shooting club and that's $350/yr for  family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top