Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2016 4:25:43 PM EDT
Need to have a receiver engraved and don't really want to ship it off.  Who all do you know of that does engraving (Little Rock - Conway area preferred) of lowers?  If you know what they charge, please include that tidbit as well.

Thanks!

UPDATE: For anyone else wondering:  John at Norrell Arms in Little Rock does engraving.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember asking about this when I needed 2 lowers engraved.   Not sure of any answers though.  I ended up sending my to DFW area.

Perhaps they're are more options locally now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
No good local options.  Jeff Forbush in the STA area or Gray laser in DFW
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No good local options.  Jeff Forbush in the STA area or Gray laser in DFW
View Quote

Haven't used jf, but gray is fresking fast.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got a lower and 870 back from these guys. $30 each plus return shipping, which is $15 flat rate. Not too bad. Turned out nice.

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=57_111
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI....Wildman Guns has a local guy that does it in central AR.  That's who my lowers are going to.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell us, JDM. How much was it? What was the turn around? Lastly, what didja get done hmmm?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tell us, JDM. How much was it? What was the turn around? Lastly, what didja get done hmmm?
View Quote

$60 to engrave a lower, dropped it with him at noon Thursday, picked it up at 10am Friday.  Not having to pay shipping two ways made it about a break-even, and supporting a local business is always a good thing.  Didn't hurt my feelings that the turnaround was less than 24 hours either.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

$60 to engrave a lower, dropped it with him at noon Thursday, picked it up at 10am Friday.  Not having to pay shipping two ways made it about a break-even, and supporting a local business is always a good thing.  Didn't hurt my feelings that the turnaround was less than 24 hours either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ask him to sell you a f/a 1022 receiver he has put back?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
He's not parting with them right now
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He's not parting with them right now
View Quote

Im aware.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't afford to feed it with the price of .22lr these days, I would be better off buying an M16!
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Need to have a receiver engraved and don't really want to ship it off.  Who all do you know of that does engraving (Little Rock - Conway area preferred) of lowers?  If you know what they charge, please include that tidbit as well.

Thanks!

UPDATE: For anyone else wondering:  John at Norrell Arms in Little Rock does engraving.
View Quote

Yep, he did mine and did a good job.  He can only engrave on one spot of the lower though.

It helps that I live a mile from him as the crow flies.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FYI....Wildman Guns has a local guy that does it in central AR.  That's who my lowers are going to.
View Quote

They still in their old location? Or have they moved yet? I might drop off a fer to get done.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They still in their old location? Or have they moved yet? I might drop off a fer to get done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still in the original location.  I believe they will be in the new "temp" building next month.  Then I think they are planning to build a new build by early next year.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I just had Jarrod at Big's CNC do an AR lower and an M92 for me. $90 total. Met up with him and dropped them off on a Saturday and he had them ready to go the next day. He works with VETS shooting center and I think may do cerakote too. Website is http://bigscncengraving.com/ and I'll certainly use him again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top