Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/13/2014 11:33:14 PM EDT
This is in reference to the new commercial that is airing about the upcoming alcohol ballot.    Alcohol is da debil!    Oh and he also doesn't want to see one across the street from a high school either.

And the topic is in quotes because it's not me saying it.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet visions didn't want a church next door, but the scumbags that run the church sure moved in and tried to get them shutdown due to the proximity law for clubs.

Here's a clue for anti alcohol people: don't drink,  dipshits.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like a personal problem that the guy has.

Fucking tired of the weak bitches in America thinking that they need things like prostitution, gambling, weed, and alcohol banned because they can't control themselves.

Teach your kids to drink responsibly and not HIDE drinking like it's taboo, don't repress your children with the notion of "sins" and scare them from having sex or being honest about it to the point to where they don't receive information about real risks and how to be an adult about it, and teach your kids that gambling won't win you shit because it's just entertainment. Government can't raise children. Welfare should be a great example of how effective government is at attempting that.

I will be glad to see the dry counties in Arkansas disappear. Enough with the devil and sin bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fucking tired of the weak bitches in America thinking that they need things like prostitution, gambling, weed, and alcohol banned because they can't control themselves.

Teach your kids to drink responsibly and not HIDE drinking like it's taboo, don't repress your children with the notion of "sins" and scare them from having sex or being honest about it to the point to where they don't receive information about real risks and how to be an adult about it, and teach your kids that gambling won't win you shit because it's just entertainment. Government can't raise children. Welfare should be a great example of how effective government is at attempting that.

I will be glad to see the dry counties in Arkansas disappear. Enough with the devil and sin bullshit.
View Quote

This is the first thing I've seen you say that I agree with, and isn't a troll post
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is the first thing I've seen you say that I agree with, and isn't a troll post
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

only b/c you think you stand to make more money.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good post.      Being a small town boy growing up in AR,  I've seen it first hand.    Lots of bible thumpers here want to be the first to cast the first stone.    They raise hell about drinking, gambling, liquor stores, etc.,    But refuse to acknowledge the "local chemist" cooking bathtub crank in their neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll make more by expanding in to other states.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I know at least one Pastor who would love to have a liquor store across the street from the Church.

We'd certainly have to worry less about where we get our Mass wine from!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you leave I will cut you!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is in reference to the new commercial that is airing about the upcoming alcohol ballot.    Alcohol is da debil!    Oh and he also doesn't want to see one across the street from a high school either.

And the topic is in quotes because it's not me saying it.  
View Quote

Must not be catholic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just taking my wares to more places
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
In Russellville, there are billboards proclaiming "Vote to Keep Local Rights LOCAL".   Or something pretty close to it.

I wonder what other "local rights" they think we should keep local?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In Russellville, there are billboards proclaiming "Vote to Keep Local Rights LOCAL".   Or something pretty close to it.

View Quote

Pretty sure the baptist churches there got a big donation (like 50k) last time they voted on this from the two county line stores.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Beer is delicious.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's funny being that Russellville is dry because the ladies of the town voted in prohibition when the men were off fighting WW2.  When they came back, they only managed to compromise with having alcohol "by the drink" legalized and liquor stores banned.  It's one of the more ridiculous of the bullshit laws in this state.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's funny being that Russellville is dry because the ladies of the town voted in prohibition when the men were off fighting WW2.  When they came back, they only managed to compromise with having alcohol "by the drink" legalized and liquor stores banned.  It's one of the more ridiculous of the bullshit laws in this state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's another one.

Way back in the day when the Landmark community in south Pulaski County was a township by the name of Parkers or Big Rock, they voted to become a dry community. Then the township dissolved. The ABC still enforces the old boundries as a dry community.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry. County vote should decide wet or dry. I can go along with how ever that vote goes. Know folks on both sides.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry. County vote should decide wet or dry. I can go along with how ever that vote goes. Know folks on both sides.
View Quote

What else should county vote decide?

Banning smoking? Firearm ownership? What religion you can practice? If you can home school your kids? Whether you can have a garden?

Sometimes freedom boils down to freedom.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Shit's too late for the "I don't want alcohol" idiots.

I cast my vote today for booze everywhere
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
I expect it will be voted down, but it'll be a close election.  Municipalities where this is unpopular will just pass ordinances banning alcohol sales if it does.  Local governments would give your average drug dealer stiff competition in a "don't give a fuck about the law" contest.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I expect it will be voted down, but it'll be a close election.  Municipalities where this is unpopular will just pass ordinances banning alcohol sales if it does.  Local governments would give your average drug dealer stiff competition in a "don't give a fuck about the law" contest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new law says that if it passes, alcohol sales CAN'T be banned and any laws banning sales or restrictions will be repealed.

The local municipalities can pass regulations(im assuming hours of consumption or sale) on the sale though, but can't ban
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The new law says that if it passes, alcohol sales CAN'T be banned and any laws banning sales or restrictions will be repealed.

The local municipalities can pass regulations(im assuming hours of consumption or sale) on the sale though, but can't ban
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They'll do it anyway because they don't give a shit about the law.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm curious but if this passes what happens to Sunday alcohol sales statewide?    Not sure if that was included in the amendment or not.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm curious but if this passes what happens to Sunday alcohol sales statewide?    Not sure if that was included in the amendment or not.
View Quote

That ban is quite possibly the dumbest law in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree but I understand where it comes from.   You know the ole saying though about good intentions and hell!  ;)
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liquor can be sold on Sunday in Arkansas under some circumstances.  I don't know all of the ways possible but there are border town options and I know of one location that sells that is not on a state border.  It may even be local option everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Liquor can be sold on Sunday in Arkansas under some circumstances.  I don't know all of the ways possible but there are border town options and I know of one location that sells that is not on a state border.  It may even be local option everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think generally speaking you cannot buy it retail.   Restaurants and Bars are okay though.   Not sure of all the specifics myself.   I do know that you also cannot buy alcohol at say a Walmart until after 7 or 8 am.    Basically alcohol sales are a no go from like midnight to 7 or 8 or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think generally speaking you cannot buy it retail.   Restaurants and Bars are okay though.   Not sure of all the specifics myself.   I do know that you also cannot buy alcohol at say a Walmart until after 7 or 8 am.    Basically alcohol sales are a no go from like midnight to 7 or 8 or thereabouts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from drinking in a hotel or restaurant, I believe establishments that make alcohol can sell alcohol on Sunday.  

I know that Wiederkehr Village is allowed to sell wine on Sunday at their vineyard.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Aside from drinking in a hotel or restaurant, I believe establishments that make alcohol can sell alcohol on Sunday.  

I know that Wiederkehr Village is allowed to sell wine on Sunday at their vineyard.
View Quote

A couple of bars in little rock sell beer that they brew themselves, they can sell on sunday as well. There are still stupid regs about it too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A couple of bars in little rock sell beer that they brew themselves, they can sell on sunday as well. There are still stupid regs about it too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my perspective, knowing what I know of alcohol laws, AR has some of the most backwards laws in the country

ETA: obviously I am biased
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

From my perspective, knowing what I know of alcohol laws, AR has some of the most backwards laws in the country

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What concoction do you make?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

About 50.

I'm a pretty big deal

Eta: no arockin you scalawags
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:15:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

About 50.

I'm a pretty big deal

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

About 50.

I'm a pretty big deal

Was I working on a documentary with you in it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no eye deer, maybe? I talk with a lot of media types
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just has a still in the woods.

He works for Thor.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Goddamn you.  I almost choked on my water.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess not then.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Goddamn you.  I almost choked on my water.
View Quote

Hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Supplex likes to hold his cards pretty close, but I'll spill the beans on one piece of info I know.

He uses a wearable filtration element that can also be used to prevent shoes from chaffing your skin.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Supplex likes to hold his cards pretty close, but I'll spill the beans on one piece of info I know.

He uses a wearable filtration element that can also be used to prevent shoes from chaffing your skin.
View Quote

Ya I basically invented that
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He works for Thor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He works for Thor.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moleskin?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Moleskin?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moleskin?  

Socks bro, socks
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Doesn't look familiar?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Paging Nor_cal
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Socks bro, socks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moleskin?  

Socks bro, socks

Thanks for your ingenuity and contribution to society! I have been wearing socks since I was 6 or 7 yrs old and I am now into the fifties. My only issues with them are they are getting expensive and contributes to being tenderfoot. Other than that they are a boon to mankind.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks for your ingenuity and contribution to society! I have been wearing socks since I was 6 or 7 yrs old and I am now into the fifties. My only issues with them are they are getting expensive and contributes to being tenderfoot. Other than that they are a boon to mankind.
Thanks again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moleskin?  

Socks bro, socks

Thanks again.

Ya after I did sliced bread I tried to one up myself.  I think I did pretty good
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you think you know supplex, feel free to IM him. I'm sure y'all can have a nice chat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you think you know supplex, feel free to IM him. I'm sure y'all can have a nice chat.

"We was just gettin ready to be friendly"
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Since you're a relative noob you may not know what Arocking is. You should look it up and post accordingly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top