Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 9:23:59 AM EDT
Didn't see it mentioned here, and I just saw this on another site.

Alaska Gun Collectors Spring Gun Show
April 19 and 20
Raven Hall, Palmer Fairgounds

Show Hours: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m

The other forum post suggested that there would be giveaway Easter eggs with chocolate and .22LR. Don't know if true.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Figures, I am at work.

I need to change my rotation so I can get to a show more than once per friggin' year.  I work 2/2.  Is being able to attend a gunshow too much to ask?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a table there.

Please keep in mind this is the first Alaska gunshow I have ever gone to but.... worst show I've ever seen. I think I only saw one decent deal on a gun which was a NIB S&W 65 stainless 22lr for $650.

22lr $50 to $90 a brick. $8.00 for a 50rnd box was common.

Very little bulk ammo at all. Limited handgun selection. Lots of fudd.

To the guy who had the table with the used beat up GEN 2 Glock 20 for $675

The only thing I bought was a 100rnd box of CCI Green Tag 22lr ammo for $15. Pricy but I haven't seen that type of ammo for sale in years and he only had one box.

I'm dreading going back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
So what is on your table, and for what prices? I'm always interested in good deals, especially from those who say everything at gun shows is overpriced, yet fail to provide goods for sale at below market prices (which is what they seem to want others to provide).

Don't know where you're from or what the shows there are like, but .22LR has been $80/brick since Jan '13. Not saying it's right, just what is has been. But we can't discuss that here.

Fudd is. There are a lot of hunters in Alaska, and most use 'traditional hunting rifles'. That is, bolt action rifles patterned on military small arms from the early 20th century. Just as 'Fudds' don't understand hunting with an AR, I've never understood the 'newbie tactical' antipathy for hunters.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what is on your table, and for what prices? I'm always interested in good deals, especially from those who say everything at gun shows is overpriced, yet fail to provide goods for sale at below market prices (which is what they seem to want others to provide).

Don't know where you're from or what the shows there are like, but .22LR has been $80/brick since Jan '13. Not saying it's right, just what is has been. But we can't discuss that here.

Fudd is. There are a lot of hunters in Alaska, and most use 'traditional hunting rifles'. That is, bolt action rifles patterned on military small arms from the early 20th century. Just as 'Fudds' don't understand hunting with an AR, I've never understood the 'newbie tactical' antipathy for hunters.

View Quote

My table has Pmags and ammo cans. NIW Pmags for $12 each and 30 cal ammo cans for $8 bucks and "FAT" 50 cal cans for $17 bucks.

Pretty fair deals I think...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Just go ahead and disrespect most of the population of the state.  Can't expect a modern day carpetbagger to understand Alaska.  A lot of Alaskans freely gave you information on the state when you were asking questions before moving here.  Some of them may even have been Fudds.   I wouldn't buy anything from you at any price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
This is not necessarily a rip on GC, but there are a lot of guys I know who have been here 25 years I don't consider Alaskans.  You can tell they don't think on the same wavelength as born-here types, and will never relate to you on a deep level.

They might be manly man trappers living deep in the woods, or have run the Iditarod several times, but fundamentally they are not 'one of us.'
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have lived here since 1969. So, I am an Alaskan. I agree with the below. I also agree the gun shows suck and have for the last 15 years. To many transplants trying to make a buck.

Quoted:
Just go ahead and disrespect most of the population of the state.  Can't expect a modern day carpetbagger to understand Alaska.  A lot of Alaskans freely gave you information on the state when you were asking questions before moving here.  Some of them may even have been Fudds.   I wouldn't buy anything from you at any price.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I beat my own disappearing thread!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I beat my own disappearing thread!
View Quote

I was about to pop in and say the same.  Been a fun thread at least
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top