Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2014 12:43:15 PM EDT
Any suggestions?  I need about 6 test holes drilled and some avalanche risk studies done, but I don't know anyone in the area.

Hopefully someone on this site knows someone in the business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Advanced blasting in Wasilla comes to mind. Though the owner is an ass at times.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure google will help here, but I seem to remember using Geotechnical Services of Alaska quite a while ago at work.  For the life of me I can't remember anything about them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Advanced blasting in Wasilla comes to mind. Though the owner is an ass at times.
View Quote

I work well with asses, maybe I'll give him a call.  My potential project is down at the Chugach state park area, but Wasilla isn't terribly far away.  Access will be pretty bad so I need all terrain services I'd bet, but I imagine anyone in AK is used to that.

I'll give him a call, thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The company I am familiar with does oilfield seismic testing.  

https://www.sbn.com/POPP2.aspx?i=ycDN&q=Western-Geophysical-Co&c=Anchorage&s=Alaska

I doubt they could help you, but maybe they  know someone who could.

have you tried the state Department of Transportation?  They deal with avalanche control & clearing:

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
send me an email describe what you're trying to do and I'll get you a contact at DOT that knows all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
gal I tried to date did that, she didn't want to be drilled....
Top Top