Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 3:15:15 PM EDT
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/officials-push-to-get-f-35-to-michigans-selfridge-air-national-guard-base-news-conference-today?breaking_news=7196&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Breaking%20News%20Alert&utm_term=wdiv_breaking

CHESTERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel hosted a news conference Tuesday to discuss how officials are working to bring the F-35 Lightning II combat aircraft to Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Harrison Township. The news conference was at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Zuccaro's Banquet Center in Chesterfield Township. Watch the whole conference below.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
We'll have a bunch of local guys turning wrenches on a plane that will be the F35K before it's ready..

Off topic a bit; met Hackle before..guy reminds me of a total buttsnake and has the ability to turn into the male version of Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We'll have a bunch of local guys turning wrenches on a plane that will be the F35K before it's ready..

Off topic a bit; met Hackle before..guy reminds me of a total buttsnake and has the ability to turn into the male version of Hillary Clinton.
View Quote

HAHA
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I mean the base had it's F16's removed in BRAC because of fraudulating life support system (O2 bottles,ejection seats, helmets, etc) inspections over a lengthy period of time along with some other issues related to the same inspection, I don't think that the Air Force is about to reward Selfridge by giving it the latest and greatest.  They got the A10's more or less as punishment / consolation prize, don't forget how the Air Force Command structure views the A10 (foolishly I might add).  Selfridge has continuously been trying to get fighters back (F16's, then F15C's then F15E's) ever since they lost them, and until enough of the upper brass retires and the institutional memory resets, they will be lucky to get a Learjet once the A10's are gone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I can only speak for the 135 side but last year we had a bunch of very successful deployments, earned one of the highest scores ever on the NORE and were awarded the Air Force Meritorious Unit Award. 

http://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Article/949531/michigan-air-guards-127th-wing-earns-top-af-unit-award/
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I have a friend in the 135 side that's a boom operator, always says great things about them.  I'm sure ya'll have a great unit, and the A10 guys are probably decent as well.  You can pretty much lay everything I said in my previous post on 2 Fed Techs that used to work in the Life Support shop that were terminated after that little tid bit came to light.  But that's a big pill to swallow and takes a long time for people to forget, especially in the Guard where the institution has a ridiculously long memory.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
When I got out of the Marines and got into civi aviation..I look at guard units here in Michigan..I was really turned off by a few things.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I got out of the Marines and got into civi aviation..I look at guard units here in Michigan..I was really turned off by a few things.
View Quote
Me too.  16 year Chinook guy working 135s on a base with Chinooks. 
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
One of my clients was telling me this will be announced at the Air Show this year at Selfridge - sounds like its a go. 

Be awesome to see them over my house as I am in one of their flight paths. I regularly see A-10s overhead. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
At the last show i think i remember a banner near the front gate featuring the F-35 and KC-46 as the future of Team Selfridge, it'll be interesting to see if it actually comes to fruition.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One of my clients was telling me this will be announced at the Air Show this year at Selfridge - sounds like its a go. 

Be awesome to see them over my house as I am in one of their flight paths. I regularly see A-10s overhead. 
View Quote
That would be awesome!  This is the 100th   year of Selfridge so the airshow should be a good one this year. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That would be awesome!  This is the 100th   year of Selfridge so the airshow should be a good one this year. 
View Quote

What would be awesome is if they could scare up a flyable Boeing P-26 Peashooter for the airshow.... they were stationed out of Selfridge at one point in the 30's, my favorite propellor driven aircraft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top