Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2016 3:51:02 PM EDT
Has anyone heard about this? I guess there is a vote today to make it legal to hunt coyote, raccoon, etc...

Calibers 6.5mm (.264) or smaller would be legal. So far no restrictions on optics.

Normally I hear about this stuff, but I can't find much information regarding this.

EDIT: Found live streaming of the meeting on Michigan Out-of-Doors Facebook page
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So far this is what I got...

Centerfire up to .269 at night for predators, except statewide park and recreation areas and any public land south of the limited firearm zone.

So centerfire predator hunting is now legal unless you live in the Limited Firearm Zone. If you live in the Limited Firearm Zone it is only legal on private land.

Not sure on the effective date, but I am hoping it is effective immediately...

EDIT: Legal effective tomorrow, 12/9
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds pretty cool.   Does the optic thing mean you can use NVGs or thermals?

I guess I have a good reason to build a 6.5 upper now, maybe a 6.5 Creedmore even..............................
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
NVG's and thermals are good to go. I'm going to go out this weekend with my NVG's and suppressed SBR. MI has really been improving their gun laws over the last 5 years
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NVG's and thermals are good to go. I'm going to go out this weekend with my NVG's and suppressed SBR. MI has really been improving their gun laws over the last 5 years
View Quote

If you would have told me back in the 80s that we would have all that we have now, I would have sworn you were nuts!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top