Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 8:57:53 AM EDT
Do they still do the machine gun shoot at the Pit every summer?

If so, when?  

My buddy and his 13yr old son are new to guns and have BRD bad after I let them shoot my AR.  The machine gun shoot would blow their minds!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Havent heard of anyone organizing one since Bustoff moved. Plus, I know ammo prices are back down but my pocket book is still too empty to have a range day like that.

Google MI machine gun rentals. Theres a few around.

Take them on a trip to Knob Creek. Its only about a 7hr drive from metro Detroit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  It's been about 9 or 10 years since the last time I went to one.  Wasn't sure if they were still doing it or not.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It would seem that since the DNR started cracking down on the Pit, the organized events have died off.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I had read that because of the tanerite abuse and people not cleaning up their messes (blowing up refrigerators and such) that they started considering it an environmental hazard and the DNR had to get more involved.
Local neighborhoods also had an impact because of the increasingly large number of explosions and higher caliber weapons.

It can be an unsafe scene at best without range officers and no real accountability, but with all that said, it would be fun!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never been there before, but I've heard the DNR have been cracking down alot on the "pit" and thus, I assume alot of "events" don't happen anymore.

Went to a local DNR built range here and the police showed up asking around if anybody was using Tannerite or seen anyone using it. So I guess they don't want any of that going on now either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top