Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:11:29 PM EDT
Hello All,
I am building my first AR and right I just ordered the final parts for it (Barrel). I did my research and have found a couple gunsmith who seem to have a good reputation with the AR but I would rather finish building it myself. Unfortunately I just moved to Michigan and live in an apartment and don't have access to a vise  or vise block to properly torque the barrel. Is there anyone locally that wouldn't mind letting me come over to install the barrel? I know it sounds weird, especially not knowing me, but I would really like to finish this build myself. If it helps I am 25 and work as an engineer and have been around firearms my whole life.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello All,
I am building my first AR and right I just ordered the final parts for it (Barrel). I did my research and have found a couple gunsmith who seem to have a good reputation with the AR but I would rather finish building it myself. Unfortunately I just moved to Michigan and live in an apartment and don't have access to a vise  or vise block to properly torque the barrel. Is there anyone locally that wouldn't mind letting me come over to install the barrel? I know it sounds weird, especially not knowing me, but I would really like to finish this build myself. If it helps I am 25 and work as an engineer and have been around firearms my whole life.
View Quote

Might be a while before you find someone on here in the area, let alone comfortable having you over. Invest in your own tools.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, nobody offered on MGO yet either
I'm 200 miles away BTW
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you located?
View Quote

I live in Farmington Hills
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?

Same town as my girlfriend.  I can ask if she knows anyone in the area that would lend a hand.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same town as my girlfriend.  I can ask if she knows anyone in the area that would lend a hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?

I'd appreciate it!
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]
are you just wanting to install the barrel?, if so pm me, i`m in farmington hills
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We do it here at Oakland Tactical. We are about 20 Minutes from you as long as you don't travel during traffic.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
are you just wanting to install the barrel?, if so pm me, i`m in farmington hills
View Quote

Perfect! Thanks for helping out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#10]
ADCO is in Sylvania near Toledo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roach46 is a good guy!
Top Top