Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2015 12:35:41 AM EDT
**Updated to add all relevant info**

If you feel as I do and one day hope to be able to hunt with suppressors here in Michigan then I urge you to write letters make phone calls and join the ASA!

Quoted:

NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION

Christine Crumbaugh
9224 N. Crapo Road
St. Louis, MI 48880
989-763-1814
Appointed: 11/20/14
Term Expires: 12/31/18

Louise Klarr
1530 N. Cranbrook Road
Bloomfield, MI 48301
248-417-5782
Appointed: 12/28/12
Term Expires: 12/31/16

John Matonich
9502 Shyre Circle
Davison, MI 48423
810-653-4817
Appointed: 7/1/10
Reappointed: 12/31/13
Term Expires: 12/31/17

Tim Nichols
624 Pine Meadow Lane
Williamston, MI 48895
313-530-0775
Appointed 5/6/09
Reappointed 12/28/12

Vicki J. Pontz
879 Lyons Road
Portland, MI 48875
517-643-2295
Appointed: 12/31/13
Term Expires: 12/31/15

J. R. Richardson, Chair
36658 McGuire Road
Ontonagon, MI 49953
906-281-5835
Appointed: 4/6/07
Reappointed: 11/20/14

Rex E. Schlaybaugh, Jr.
492 East Main Street
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
313-377-0152
Appointed: 1/5/12

View Quote

Quoted:
Contact the NRC and politely voice your support. Here is the response I got from the [email protected] e-mail when asking for the commissioners' e-mails.

"If you could please send your letters to me at either this email address ([email protected]) or at [email protected], I will make certain your correspondence gets to each commissioner. The link to their personal addresses is http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-65134_65145-26986--,00.html . Thank you. Cheryl Nelson Executive Assistant to the NRC 525 W. Allegan St. PO Box 30028 Lansing, MI 48909 517-284-6237 [email protected]"
View Quote
View Quote

Quoted:
Here is my letter I sent composed from a few different sources.

Feel free to use it if you like.

Dear Commissioners,

Thirty-five other states allow hunting with suppressors and there is no legitimate reason for limiting their use in Michigan.

First of all “silencers,” which are more accurately described as “suppressors,” do not render a gun’s report silent. Like the

muffler on a car, a suppressor reduces the noise signature from the discharge of a firearm to a more reasonable level. You see,

guns are loud—loud enough to cause permanent hearing loss. While most shooters wear hearing protection on the range, most hunters

do not wear hearing protection in the field because they want to hear their surroundings. A suppressor can reduce the risk of

hearing damage associated with discharging a firearm

Suppressors allow hunters to maintain full situational awareness, while still protecting their hearing. The result is a safer

hunting experience for the hunter, and for those nearby.

There are numerous benefits associated with the use of suppressors, including reduced noise pollution, increased accuracy due
to reduced recoil and muzzle blast, and protection from hearing damage.

There are no known poaching incidents using a firearm suppressor that is registered under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of
1934, which is a branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

Those who claim that hunters who use suppressors to lower the sound will somehow become poachers or violate game limits are
only exposing their bias and lack of understanding of the issue. Again, the majority of states allow hunting with suppressors and
poaching with registered sound-suppressing devices simply doesn't happen.

I am compelled to question the ethics of any hunter or hunting groups who disparage the character of other law-abiding hunters by
using such arguments — since most hunters would never contemplate such illegal activity.

Do these same opponents of suppressors claim that allowing archers to hunt with bows enables or facilitates poaching or the
taking of illegal limits? After all, arrows are much more quiet than a suppressed firearm. In fact, arrows are virtually silent

while suppressors are not.

Just as opponents of compound bows and crossbows tried to paint them as tools of evil intent, time has proven them just as
wrong as they are now about suppressors.

Using firearm suppressors to lower noise is not only logical but it is effective in protecting hunters' hearing and increasing
accuracy. It is an appropriate use of technology.

Increased use of suppressors will help to eliminate noise complaints, which have been used more frequently as an excuse to
close shooting ranges, informal shooting areas and hunting lands throughout the country.

Again, I fully support the use of firearm suppressors for hunting. I urge your support in
removing this ban on hunting with suppressors, from the outdated regulation.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME HERE
View Quote
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Please share what you find here. I am 110% in on this if we can find a good path to success. I have some time and some funds to contribute.  I was hunting this year and every single sit in the woods this issue passed through my mind. I would say this is at the top of my wish list. Along with CC with no PFZ restrictions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Senator Mike Green has been very supportive of putting new firearms bills in front of the legislature. Might be worth bringing to his attention.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem is there isn't any legislation saying you cant. Its a Natural Reassures Commission order. Just like there's no law stating when deer season starts. They are empowered by law to set the fish and game rules.

There was an attempted letter writing campaign last year about it. I only heard back from one commissioner,John Matonich, who said they would look into it. Nothing ever happened. My understanding is the DNR higher ups are against it.

Funny thing is the DNR Guide states, as it did before suppressor ownership was legal, "A silencer or similar apparatus on a firearm is illegal." Doesn't say you cant hunt with one. Just says having one on a firearm is illegal, which it no longer is in this State.   Problem is you'd have to risk an arrest, have your suppressor confiscated, a shell out a lot of legal fees to prove the point.

Here's the current Commissioner list.

NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION

Christine Crumbaugh
9224 N. Crapo Road
St. Louis, MI 48880
989-763-1814
Appointed: 11/20/14

Louise Klarr
1530 N. Cranbrook Road
Bloomfield, MI 48301
248-417-5782
Appointed: 12/28/12

John Matonich
9502 Shyre Circle
Davison, MI 48423
810-653-4817
Appointed: 7/1/10
Reappointed: 12/31/13
Term Expires: 12/31/17

Tim Nichols
624 Pine Meadow Lane
Williamston, MI 48895
313-530-0775
Appointed 5/6/09
Reappointed 12/28/12

Vicki J. Pontz
879 Lyons Road
Portland, MI 48875
517-643-2295
Appointed: 12/31/13

J. R. Richardson, Chair
36658 McGuire Road
Ontonagon, MI 49953
906-281-5835
Appointed: 4/6/07
Reappointed: 11/20/14

Rex E. Schlaybaugh, Jr.
492 East Main Street
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
313-377-0152
Appointed: 1/5/12

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the list Cyber! Going to get some letters going
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Senator Mike Green has been very supportive of putting new firearms bills in front of the legislature. Might be worth bringing to his attention.
View Quote

I guess it wouldn't hurt to shoot him a letter as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't thinking about this as a fish and game thing when I posted that. He may be of no use because that's murky waters with fish and game. As far as I understand, the DNR has pretty much been given full authority by law to control fish and game regulations. So to create a new law that basically says, well the DNR can control all of fish and game law, except this one little point, opens up a can of worms for everyone else to stick their little points in. And I don't think we want to tread there. Let's leave the fish and game control with the DNR for now and focus on converting them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Side note,whats the law with hunting with a sbr/sbs?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
None that I know of. Would fall under any other rifle/shotgun restrictions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to know the same thing.  My deer gun the past few seasons has been an SBR with a can.  Now that I'm moving back,  that rifle is going to be quite the unwelcome bastard when it comes to what it was built for.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump.

My letters to NRC went out last week.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
SBR and SBS are considered rifles and shotguns respectively for the purpose of Michigan game laws and must follow all regulations and limitations.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Bumpski! Any updates on this?? Anyone??
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Contact the NRC and politely voice your support. Here is the response I got from the [email protected] e-mail when asking for the commissioners' e-mails.

"If you could please send your letters to me at either this email address ([email protected]) or at [email protected], I will make certain your correspondence gets to each commissioner. The link to their personal addresses is http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-65134_65145-26986--,00.html . Thank you. Cheryl Nelson Executive Assistant to the NRC 525 W. Allegan St. PO Box 30028 Lansing, MI 48909 517-284-6237 [email protected]"
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is my letter I sent composed from a few different sources.

Feel free to use it if you like.

Dear Commissioners,

Thirty-five other states allow hunting with suppressors and there is no legitimate reason for limiting their use in Michigan.

First of all “silencers,” which are more accurately described as “suppressors,” do not render a gun’s report silent. Like the

muffler on a car, a suppressor reduces the noise signature from the discharge of a firearm to a more reasonable level. You see,

guns are loud—loud enough to cause permanent hearing loss. While most shooters wear hearing protection on the range, most hunters

do not wear hearing protection in the field because they want to hear their surroundings. A suppressor can reduce the risk of

hearing damage associated with discharging a firearm

Suppressors allow hunters to maintain full situational awareness, while still protecting their hearing. The result is a safer

hunting experience for the hunter, and for those nearby.

There are numerous benefits associated with the use of suppressors, including reduced noise pollution, increased accuracy due
to reduced recoil and muzzle blast, and protection from hearing damage.

There are no known poaching incidents using a firearm suppressor that is registered under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of
1934, which is a branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

Those who claim that hunters who use suppressors to lower the sound will somehow become poachers or violate game limits are
only exposing their bias and lack of understanding of the issue. Again, the majority of states allow hunting with suppressors and
poaching with registered sound-suppressing devices simply doesn't happen.

I am compelled to question the ethics of any hunter or hunting groups who disparage the character of other law-abiding hunters by
using such arguments — since most hunters would never contemplate such illegal activity.

Do these same opponents of suppressors claim that allowing archers to hunt with bows enables or facilitates poaching or the
taking of illegal limits? After all, arrows are much more quiet than a suppressed firearm. In fact, arrows are virtually silent

while suppressors are not.

Just as opponents of compound bows and crossbows tried to paint them as tools of evil intent, time has proven them just as
wrong as they are now about suppressors.

Using firearm suppressors to lower noise is not only logical but it is effective in protecting hunters' hearing and increasing
accuracy. It is an appropriate use of technology.

Increased use of suppressors will help to eliminate noise complaints, which have been used more frequently as an excuse to
close shooting ranges, informal shooting areas and hunting lands throughout the country.

Again, I fully support the use of firearm suppressors for hunting. I urge your support in
removing this ban on hunting with suppressors, from the outdated regulation.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME HERE
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the template,ellementz! sent an email to the NRC. Anyone else burning up their inboxes??
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for the template,ellementz! sent an email to the NRC. Anyone else burning up their inboxes??
View Quote

Anyone?  

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anyone?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone?  

I haven't heard anything back from the letters I sent on a mildly unrelated note about to go do some pre-season scouting up north.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Same here. Nothing but crickets....... I wonder what it's gonna take to move the needle on this one..... is anyone here up to attending the next local meeting? my travel schedule for work is so erratic it's not funny so I can't be of much help on that front. Maybe a MIHTF/ARFCOM firemission is in order?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I was just searching this topic today.  So little information it's not even funny.  I think getting the DNR to change their position will take nothing short of a miracle.  I believe it's going to take the legislature getting involved to get things done.  The lack of response from previous letters, I feel, is proof of this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is the email I sent to the DNR.  Yes I am aware, after rereading it, there are spelling errors.  I should have used spellcheck.

Comissioners;

It is listed on the DNR's official website, under the hunting regulations, that the posession of a supressor is illegal in the state of Michigan.  I am sure you are fully aware that as of a few years back, Michigan now follows federal law and now allows the posession of supressors.

My question is; is hunting with a supressor allowed in the state of Michigan?

Currently, 35 other states allow hunting with a supressor (including Ohio) as it is deemed safe and polite to the neighbors that live around common hunting areas.  As we continue Michigan's long standing tradition of hunting, by introducing youths to the sport in a safe and legal manner, supressors may have a positive, life long impact on their lives, by helping to reduce the damaging effects of discharging a firearm.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Same here. Nothing but crickets....... I wonder what it's gonna take to move the needle on this one..... is anyone here up to attending the next local meeting? my travel schedule for work is so erratic it's not funny so I can't be of much help on that front. Maybe a MIHTF/ARFCOM firemission is in order?
View Quote

I'd go to one of those meetings. It looks like they control the agenda tightly; there are guidelines for what's required to adress the NRC, you have to tell them your issue beforehand and they can decide to have a 'rep' speak on a topic if a group is there all for the same issue. But yes, count me in.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd go as long as I could get some kind of advance notice so I can take the day off if necessary.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd go as long as I could get some kind of advance notice so I can take the day off if necessary.
View Quote

Here's to both you and Heavily_Armed! I wish I could make it to one of those meetings...... If there is anything I can do to contribute, please shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is the e-mail reply I received;

Mr. (redacted):

Thank you for contacting the DNR.  You are correct, it has been legal for several years to possess a suppressor in Michigan by permit only.  A few years ago the Attorney General clarified and reiterated that it was legal.  However, it is still illegal in Michigan to hunt or attempt to take game with the use of a suppressor.  More and more states are indeed allowing their use in hunting; again, currently, Michigan law does not allow it.

If you need further, feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Sgt. Thomas R. Wanless

DNR -Law Enforcement Division

Recreational Safety, Education and Enforcement Section

525 W. Allegan, Lansing, MI 48933

517-284-6026
View Quote

Here is my response to this reply;

Sgt. Wanless;

Thank you for your quick reply on my question about hunting in Michigan with a suppressed firearm.  You stated in your reply, that "More and more states are indeed allowing their use in hunting; again, currently, Michigan law does not allow it."  Can you please direct me to the MCL that prohibits hunting with a suppressor?  

Is it state law or DNR regulation only, that prohibits the use of a suppressor while hunting?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

(redacted)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]
So I received, rather quickly, a reply to my last e-mail.  It contains (expectedly) the DNR regulation that prohibits the use of a suppressor while hunting by the DNR (since there is no state law prohibiting it.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Wanless, Thomas (DNR) <[email protected]> wrote:

Mr. (redacted):

It is an order of the DNR.  See below:

THE WILDLIFE CONSERVATION ORDER

Chapter II

General Hunting and Trapping Regulations

2.1 Taking of animals; prohibited methods, devices, and weapons; exceptions.

Sec. 2.1 Unless otherwise specified in this order, a person shall not do any of the following:

(6) Possess or use an apparatus known as a silencer on a gun while hunting in this state.

Thank you,

Sgt. Thomas R. Wanless

DNR -Law Enforcement Division

Recreational Safety, Education and Enforcement Section

525 W. Allegan, Lansing, MI 48933

517-284-6026
View Quote

So of course, I had to reply.    I'm curious how he will respond to this.

Sgt. Wanless:

Since it is only DNR regulations that prohibits the use of a suppressor and not state law, as you have stated, can you please provide a link to the study, research or factual data used by the Michigan DNR when creating this regulation?  

Is there a study, research or factual data that shows hunting with a suppressed firearm increases the risk of danger to the public, over hunting without a suppressed firearm?  Is there a study, research or factual data that shows, hunting with a suppressed firearm is somehow less humane to the animal, than hunting without a suppressed firearm?

Thank you for your patience as I try to understand the regulations in question, regarding hunting in Michigan with a suppressed firearm.

Respectfully,
(redacted)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I like that they send you something telling you what you already know
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I expected that response.  

What I'm interested in is, how he is going to respond from here on out.  I'm hoping to show, with his admission, that the restriction is arbitrary and not based on any facts.  Then maybe, we will have a chance to change it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What I'm interested in is, how he is going to respond from here on out.  I'm hoping to show, with his admission, that the restriction is arbitrary and not based on any facts.  Then maybe, we will have a chance to change it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a live 1 on the hook.  Let's see him squirm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#31]
This is quick & dirty research, but it appears the NRC gets to set these policies as defined by Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (NREPA), 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.40101 according to this:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/MIAGOpinionAmmoWildlifeLaws.pdf

The commission of natural resources shall have the exclusive authority to regulate the taking of game as defined in section 40103 in this state.  The commission of natural resources shall, to the greatest extent practicable, utilize principles of sound scientific management in making decisions regarding the taking of game.  Issuance of orders by the commission of natural resources regarding the taking of game shall be made following a public meeting and an opportunity for public input.
View Quote

The full Wildlife Conservation Order is available here which contains the regulation about suppressors, along with 150 pages of other glorious hunting regulations.

IANAL but I don't know how productive it is to engage in debate with the DNR guy who has to answer all the emails.

The next few meetings of the NRC are going to be busy discussing big proposed changes to deer seasons so I don't know if suppressor use will be on the radar if 200 PO'd UP hunters are there bitching they can't shoot anything this year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is quick & dirty research, but it appears the NRC gets to set these policies as defined by Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (NREPA), 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.40101 according to this:

The full Wildlife Conservation Order is available here which contains the regulation about suppressors, along with 150 pages of other glorious hunting regulations.

IANAL but I don't know how productive it is to engage in debate with the DNR guy who has to answer all the emails.

The next few meetings of the NRC are going to be busy discussing big proposed changes to deer seasons so I don't know if suppressor use will be on the radar if 200 PO'd UP hunters are there bitching they can't shoot anything this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The commission of natural resources shall have the exclusive authority to regulate the taking of game as defined in section 40103 in this state.  The commission of natural resources shall, to the greatest extent practicable, utilize principles of sound scientific management in making decisions regarding the taking of game.  Issuance of orders by the commission of natural resources regarding the taking of game shall be made following a public meeting and an opportunity for public input.

Damn, 1st I've heard of this.  There's gonna be a lot of pissed off Yoopers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I agree, talking with Sgt. Wanless, will not effect change in the regulations. But we might be able to gain some information that could be useful.

In his last e-mail he said he was forwarding my questions to the legal department.  He then asked for my phone number so he could call me tomorrow (Friday).  I'll probably give it to him, just to see what he says.

I'll post the e-mail when I get home.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a very pleasant conversation with Sgt. Wanless today.  He seems to be supportive of our efforts to change the regulations and seems knowledgeable about supressors .  He said the only way to get the regulations changed, is if enough people attend the meetings, send letters/e-mail and make phone calls, that the commissioners have to take notice.  

He claims to have talked to the legal department about the issue and after clarifying the legality of owning one, they admitted there was no known study used to justify the creation of the ban while hunting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had a very pleasant conversation with Sgt. Wanless today.  He seems to be supportive of our efforts to change the regulations and seems knowledgeable about supressors .  He said the only way to get the regulations changed, is if enough people attend the meetings, send letters/e-mail and make phone calls, that the commissioners have to take notice.  

He claims to have talked to the legal department about the issue and after clarifying the legality of owning one, they admitted there was no known study used to justify the creation of the ban while hunting.
View Quote

Well hell if that's the case I'm going to ramp up my efforts and start being relentless Phone calls, emails, and getting some turnouts at meetings!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#36]
A bit of good news

https://www.facebook.com/americansuppressor/photos/a.620632064669733.1073741825.260826850650258/885211981545072/?type=1&theater

It would seem the ASA is now making the push in Michigan.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Hell. Yes. Time to join the ASA!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#38]
If they are allowed for hunting here I will for sure get a suppressor...until then I don't see any point.

That might change if I get some of my own property up north so I can blast away and not piss the neighbors off
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A bit of good news

https://www.facebook.com/americansuppressor/photos/a.620632064669733.1073741825.260826850650258/885211981545072/?type=1&theater

It would seem the ASA is now making the push in Michigan.
View Quote

I spoke to Knox from ASA about this, he said the DNR/NRC folks were receptive and with some luck suppressed hunting will be legal this fall.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Who do we send letters to and addresses please. Thanks to the guys working on this already !
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Who do we send letters to and addresses please. Thanks to the guys working on this already !
View Quote
This!

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cybersniper's post on pg 1 of this thread has a list. I already sent snailmail letters but if anyone hasn't done so yet this would be a good time!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cybersniper's post on pg 1 of this thread has a list. I already sent snailmail letters but if anyone hasn't done so yet this would be a good time!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks After reading Gabriel11808 posts I didn't know if the list of people have changed ?  It won't hurt to mail them all !
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks After reading Gabriel11808 posts I didn't know if the list of people have changed ?  It won't hurt to mail them all !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The list is current, so the folks on page one are who you're going to want to send your letters to.

I updated my OP to add all the relevant info right at the top in one place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#45]
The good Sgt. also gave me the name of a Doctor he has been working with, that has favorable research towards adopting loser restrictions for supressors.

I just graduated RN school and am getting ready to take boards, so I have not had time to contact him yet.

ETA:  the paper with his name and number is at home, but I think the Dr. is from Western Michigan University.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The list is current, so the folks on page one are who you're going to want to send your letters to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for your work.  Now to start sending some correspondence

Quoted:
The good Sgt. also gave me the name of a Doctor he has been working with, that has favorable research towards adopting loser restrictions for supressors.

I just graduated RN school and am getting ready to take boards, so I have not had time to contact him yet.

ETA:  the paper with his name and number is at home, but I think the Dr. is from Western Michigan University.

Congrats and good luck!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#47]
This just might be a nice step in this happening.Pretty shitty situation tho.

"Plaga said the shooters, who will be working under a DNR-issued permit, will be using rifles with suppressors that reduce the amount of noise and flash made when the rifle fires. They will work daily during the last two hours of daylight and into as much of three hours of darkness, when the deer are most active."

Taken from this thread.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/deer-cull-meridian-township-cwd/28436381/

"Plaga said the shooters, who will be working under a DNR-issued permit, will be using rifles with suppressors that reduce the amount of noise and flash made when the rifle fires. They will work daily during the last two hours of daylight and into as much of three hours of darkness, when the deer are most active."

Taken from this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1756457_Michigan_deer_herd_and_CWD_.html

View Quote

At least they seem to acknowledge that suppressors only reduce the noise and flash signature of a weapon. So I would say that's a plus. I sure hope suppressors become legalized for hunting before this season starts.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

At least they seem to acknowledge that suppressors only reduce the noise and flash signature of a weapon. So I would say that's a plus. I sure hope suppressors become legalized for hunting before this season starts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/deer-cull-meridian-township-cwd/28436381/

Taken from this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1756457_Michigan_deer_herd_and_CWD_.html

The CWD area could be a test zone .... I'm ready !
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Thought I'd bump this and ask if anyone has any info on this topic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top