Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2009 12:15:49 PM EDT
Big class this time, 23 shooters from 3 states and an extremely diverse amount of experience. Some had never drawn from a holster before and some have quite an impressive resume of training classes under their belt.

Thoughts from class-

Quite a few different guns out there. There were two 1911's and 3 XDM's. Both 1911's failed and two of the XD's as well. The most expensive gun on the line, a fancy 1911, was the least reliable of the entire bunch. The Glocks, M&P's, Sigs, and HK's ran without issue, as usual.

I own all rights to all images. If you wish to use any images, please contact me at [email protected] to work out details. Images uploaded are not of printable quality. Please email for arrangements if you wish to print anything you see here. Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/30/2009 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Great pics as always. Looks like it was a good class!

Oh snap here we go.

Doggone it can't one of these things make it through a class without choking??!!! (I say this as a "1911 guy" whose Ed Brown didn't choke like this, but it did have a problem...)

Link Posted: 8/30/2009 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Pshh that was an isolated incident that gun has and will never do that again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
To his credit that gun has been shot a lot. 30k I think he said.

That said, I've seen and shot many Glocks and Sigs with that many rounds through them that still run fine. Steve has a compact M&P with those kind of numbers and it runs great.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not what costa said to me......
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not what costa said to me......

It did stove pipe once during a transition but I quickly solved the problem with perfect tap rack.

That's the first time it wedged a round like that. I have never seen anything like that before

ETA: It was a fun class and you will definitely see the three of us again Steve.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To his credit that gun has been shot a lot. 30k I think he said.

That said, I've seen and shot many Glocks and Sigs with that many rounds through them that still run fine. Steve has a compact M&P with those kind of numbers and it runs great.

I keep a pretty good record of rounds fired.  I went to add the 500 from the class and I was wrong it isn't 30k it is 26,380 exactly.

Speaking of Glock's and M&P's I may give mine a second chance. Sometime this week I'll be giving Boresight Solutions a call and see what they can do for me.  I'll probably have my glock done and I think Faye said she is going give our M&P another try.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing like a shooting class to make one question their choice in guns, eh?

I am still mulling over whether or not to buy a M&P. And I cannot stress this enough: I love the way 1911s shoot and feel in my hand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:43:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Double your capacity, decrease your cost, reduce the weight, increase your reliability.

Sounds like a good move to me. :)
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Double your capacity, decrease your cost, reduce the weight, increase your reliability.

Kind of like moving from a large format Hasselblad to a Minolta 35mm SLR........

Or, from a Nikon F5 35mm to a Nikon CoolPix point and shoot........

We all make trade offs at some point for one reason or another - some consider them good moves and others don't.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have to move a rifle but I was all set to use some of the proceeds from it for a decent Gen II night vision monocular. Now I'm wondering if I should get an M&P instead.

I need to stop overthinking this stuff!

/sorry for the threadjack
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#11]
What a minute. No one told us that MDFI was inviting a couple of good looking women this time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#12]
When are you guys planning nother carbine I class?
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#13]
look at all dat brass!... (drool).....
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What a minute. No one told us that MDFI was inviting a couple of good looking women this time.

It's how we roll......

All upcoming classes are listed on the website.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I learned alot and had a good time... so when is Handgun II
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#16]
as soon as you get it right in HG1

LOL

thinking it might be early oct.....I have abusy training schedule coming up for myself  like 4 more classes to take before end of the year
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:30:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like a BUG family reunion....

coupla pics with two in the waist, I wonder how many had ankle jobs...?

Where do you guys hide those things when it's 95 degrees out?   Wait.... I don't wanna know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#18]
1 ankle  guy,.
he carriesa 44 spcl snubbie
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1 ankle  guy,.
he carriesa 44 spcl snubbie

2 ankle guys...........
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#20]
So where's the pic of you squatting between the targets to get that "downrange" shot, TFin04?

edit- shot in question:

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So where's the pic of you squatting between the targets to get that "downrange" shot, TFin04?

We did that one a few weeks ago. The shot from this class was during a dry run (they all have "air" guns in their hands. Kind of like air guitars but louder.

Now THIS is some real training! Before anyone flips out the rifle was unloaded, quadruple checked by 4 people and the guy behind the rifle is someone I would trust to do this even if it was live:

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
as soon as you get it right in HG1

LOL

thinking it might be early oct.....I have abusy training schedule coming up for myself  like 4 more classes to take before end of the year

toshay...
I definitely going to take Handgun 1 again before I take Handgun II.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did that one a few weeks ago. The shot from this class was during a dry run (they all have "air" guns in their hands. Kind of like air guitars but louder.

Now THIS is some real training! Before anyone flips out the rifle was unloaded, quadruple checked by 4 people and the guy behind the rifle is someone I would trust to do this even if it was live:

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p401/lightfoot007_bucket/bobw/stan2.jpg

LOL
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
nice AAR in the ILL section

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=376564
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
nice AAR in the ILL section

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=376564

Glad to see the word is getting out, Steve. I knew that SWAT magazine article was going to bring 'em in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top