Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 12:16:08 PM EDT
Subnetmask is dying to make a trip up here to our pit.

So far, he'll be getting to 94, then to 275 then to my place in Livonia (he lives 1.5 hours away from DTW, I am 10 min north of DTW).

Then he wants to go shoot some stuff up in Lapeer.

He is flexable in dates. Lets pick one, and lets go show him how we do it.

Who's in? Maybe clean up/ pit shoot 1st Saturday in May?

ZFB

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Adopt a Buckeye shooter for a day.

I'm mostly harmless, and I'm housebroken.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Buckeyes

jk

I'm in for a Pit shoot.  Haven't been there before but I just got some new old guns and want to try them out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in for the weekend after -- I haven't been to the pit in about 4 years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So far, he'll be getting to 94, then to 275 then to my place in Livonia (he lives 1.5 hours away from DTW, I am 10 min north of DTW).

Who's in? Maybe clean up/ pit shoot 1st of May?

ZFB

Ummm... the 1st of May is a Monday.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If you meant first weekend in May I'm in for sure.  Gibralter fun show is the weekend before so I'd have a chance to grab some more ammo and hopefully pick up an AR lower to complete a 2nd rifle.  My neighbor I'm sure would go as he has a new AK he's itchin' to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Whenever is good for me. Just let me know when.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, I'd love to join in...but I am no good for weekends.

I am planning on going up to the pit next week on Tues or Weds, my daughter is out of school next week for spring break, and she (myself as well) is itching to go shooting.  I won't have the RPK done by then, but I can still go out with the ARs, and SKS.

I'll try to post a range condition report if we go. I'll take the camera hopefully.

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ZFB

1st Saturday of May. My brain skipped.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ZFB

1st Saturday of May. My brain skipped.

That works I guess.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd be up for it, but if we're going to do an organized cleanup/shoot we need to see about getting a dumpster,IIRC the DNR was iffy about paying for one last time due to low funds. I dont get it, between me and one of my friends we spent about that much in licenses for hunting this year.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd be up for it, but if we're going to do an organized cleanup/shoot we need to see about getting a dumpster,IIRC the DNR was iffy about paying for one last time due to low funds. I dont get it, between me and one of my friends we spent about that much in licenses for hunting this year.

If someone wants to pass me #, I'll call DNR and hook it up. I used to have the card, but since joining my club, I have spent way less time at da pit.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I have never helped set one up so I dont know any contact info. But I belive if you IM gordie48001 he could probably hook you up, He is the one who usually sets up the cleanup/shoots. I beleive he is also the one that gets all the fun class III guys there.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
So, May 6th it is then?

That gives me 2 fun shows to ammo up!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:32:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Oops! I checked with my CO (Mrs SubnetMask), and May 6th is out. We're having a birthday party for my daughter that day.

Any other day should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm new to here but would have to pass on the first weekend in May, gona be in Texas. though if the clean up is another time i would like to join in as well as bring a couple of friends to help who would also like to see the PIT..

Speaking of which, why is it called the pit?? Old gravel pit or is it just some place that people like (#$$% idiots) dump there crap... Any one got any picks? just curious what kind of shots could be made there? 25, 50, 100, ++??++

Zar
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#16]
100 yards of pit

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Oops! I checked with my CO (Mrs SubnetMask), and May 6th is out. We're having a birthday party for my daughter that day.

You can explain to her why daddy wasn't there when she gets older, she'll understand.

2nd Saturday? Who will that work for?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can explain to her why daddy wasn't there when she gets older, she'll understand.

I believe there will be an ACTS match on the 2nd saturday, and it will be my first one. But I dont know how many of you shoot ACTS, so dont change it just based on that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Myself and maybe 2 more friends can go either!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#20]
2nd Saturday works for me too. It don't matter. Just let me know when. Just remember that weekend is mothers day weekend. My Mom is only a few miles away, but that may be a problem for others. Either way, the longer we put it off, the more time it gives me to find a good deal on some Wolf 7.62 x 39. I've got my Krink pistol and need to break her in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Uh...Oh..... I almost forgot mudders day.  But other than that you can count on at least two of us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Well the good news is that I was at the pit on Sat and it was not that messy.....hardly anything for me to waste my 500 rounds of .50 BMG and 3025 rounds of 8mm on. Thank Goodness there was two tires on rims......was the only thing to shoot at.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe there will be an ACTS match on the 2nd saturday, and it will be my first one. But I dont know how many of you shoot ACTS, so dont change it just based on that.

Do change it based on that.  The ACTS shoot on the second Saturday probably excludes more than just a couple of us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#24]
May 6th is good for me, and the (4) other shooters I'd like to bring along. 2nd Saturday in May might  be do-able, but the 6th is a sure thing.

For what it's worth!

Brian

Link Posted: 4/20/2006 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#25]
May 6th sounds good to me. It would be nice to meet Michigan arf guys . I'll bring AR &A K and I just got a 30 round mag for my Hakim I'd like to try.
Link Posted: 4/29/2006 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#26]
So, is this still a go, or are we grouping with Dave Burgess for the 13th?
Link Posted: 5/2/2006 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Lets shoot (no pun) for the 13th. I'll see if it is good with subnetmask. If not, he may have to 'bend' a little
Link Posted: 5/4/2006 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Lets shoot (no pun) for the 13th. I'll see if it is good with subnetmask. If not, he may have to 'bend' a little

It's on!
Link Posted: 5/4/2006 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll bring my Full Auto M2HB .50, if you want to pick up some ammo for it you are welcome to shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Bumped as a reminder.

I'm coming up tommorow. After seeing some pics, I really wouldn't mind cleaning the place up a bit either. Besides, I could probably use the excersize.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#31]
We spoke on the phone, it was a quick conversation...Subnetmask is coming up for teh pit clean up due to forecasted wx for tomorrow.

58 and rain all day aint going to be fun for anyone.

Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a canopy and will still have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top