Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2005 6:53:17 PM EDT
I am working with a few other members to try and arrange another Pit clean-up and shoot. The tennative date is May 28th (The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend). I am still trying to get a dumpster arranged from the local DNR office, but they have not returned my calls yet. I will call again on Monday. We are also going to try and take donations to help pay for the dumpster so that the DNR and the State don't have to foot the full bill for the dumpster. (they are pretty expensive) Another member came up with this idea and pointed out that it would really look good on our part to help keep the pit open. I will keep everyone updated on this.

Kris

NEWEST UPDATE 5-26-05

Well, due to the lingering threat of bad weather for the whole weekend, I called and cacelled the dumpster. I did not want to waste the DNR's limited funds on a dumpster we weren't going to use. We'll have to reschedule the shoot for another weekend. Unfortunately, my weekends are going to be tide up until after June. If it is descent weather, I still plan to go out there. I guess all we can do is wait. STUPID WEATHER!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 3:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]
is there any wasy we could set this for the first saturday in june, so it can coincide with my attempt at a pit shoot since im finally returning to the states after 3.5 years stationed in germany.

ive met a few of the mich crew, but id like to meet more, and it'll probably be my only chance this year, since im scheduled to go back to iraq this summer.

i hope it does'nt sounds like im being self centered, but i'd like to meet  and shoot with the biggest bunch of guys possible.  on top of that i can add at least 5 or 6 more people (family contingent) to help clean up.

if i sound stupid just slap me, but it would be awesome if we could do it on the 4th.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
is there any wasy we could set this for the first saturday in june, so it can coincide with my attempt at a pit shoot since im finally returning to the states after 3.5 years stationed in germany.

ive met a few of the mich crew, but id like to meet more, and it'll probably be my only chance this year, since im scheduled to go back to iraq this summer.

i hope it does'nt sounds like im being self centered, but i'd like to meet  and shoot with the biggest bunch of guys possible.  on top of that i can add at least 5 or 6 more people (family contingent) to help clean up.

if i sound stupid just slap me, but it would be awesome if we could do it on the 4th.

I have no problems with shooting then too. I know a lot of the full auto guys just do thier own thing, so I was trying to schedule around what they had planned. I'm always up for a shoot!!

No word on a dumpster. The DNR guy won't return my calls. Either way, lets get a bunch of people out there!!

Kris
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I have confirmation on some of the full auto people being there for sure. I missed a call from the DNR guy, but will try back again tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there with a couple friends.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
We got our dumpster!! Read the original post for details. We will also need some people to help with supplies. I will bring a grill and some burgers. We also will need heavy duty garbage bags, wheel barrows, shovels, and rakes. Basically, anything to help clean up is appreciated. I will also bring a wheel barrow. Anyone else want to pitch in?

Kris
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got bags, shovels, rakes, etc.

If anyone else brings bags, make sure they are heavy duty such as the contractors bags they sell at Home Depot. The other ones just split open.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I will come and help out clean up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagged for scheduling check.  I'd sure like to come up there, but my schedule is tight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]
im going to try to make it kids keep changing weekend plans but hopefully i can come out early too help try to bring a wheel borrow but mine had a ruff year hauling rocks. ill bring shovels and rake
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
im going to try to make it kids keep changing weekend plans but hopefully i can come out early too help try to bring a wheel borrow but mine had a ruff year hauling rocks. ill bring shovels and rake

Sweet!! Bring the wheel barrow. We can use it as a target afterwords. I will see if I can get a burning permit also. So, here is the schedule:

9:00 Clean-up starts
11:00 Range goes hot!!

Again, we can use all the help we can get for the clean-up!!

Kris
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#11]
So, is anyone else coming? It's this coming weekend. We could really use the help. So call all of your friends and family and come out and have a good time!!

Kris
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
i was at the pit sun. and there is enough of a snowmobile left for u guys to have some fun with. i also told some guys i usualy see out there about the clean up they souded interested. i also got my wheel borrow tuned up enough for sat and hauling mulch for the rest of the summer. and all though the pit is ten times messier than it should be its much better than last time so it should go quicker. maybee some one more computerly gifted than i should make a sing telling people to take what they bring to shoot with them. maybe theyll get the clue that if we dont keep it clean well lose it
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I will come if I don't get busy at work. What day is it???
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I will come if I don't get busy at work. What day is it???

This Saturday. Hope to see you there!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Check the update (1st post) for sad news.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, its not a big deal either way, but so you know when  ordering this type of dumpster its not like you have a dumpster for 1 day and you have to return it ASAP. They come pick it up when its full, not in X number of days... Unless you tell them to.

Yes, there are limits in that you can't keep the sucker for a year but even holding it for 3-4 weeks is not going to be a problem.

Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Correct on the Dumpster but the problem is that if it is sitting on State land it gives the impression that the State is supplying a place to dump, which they are not. The DNR has, in the past, said they don't want it sitting out there too long.

The machine gun guys will be out.....rain or shine.....in lieu of no trash recepticle we may just shoot instead of cleaning up this time. A little rain does not scare us. That is what the EZ-UP canopies are for.

They are forcasting a 40% chance of showers although I cannot figure out where the rain is supposed to be comming from. Looks pretty clear out west for the next few days and not much down south of us either.

I just looked at the weather again and there is some sporadic rain out west but I think if we gat any Sat it won't be an all day soaker. Probably on an off if anything. But Hey, I 'm not a meteorologist so who knows.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#18]
The dumpster would have been dropped off on Friday and picked up on Tuesday. Damn, I really hate cancelling this, but I'm kinda stuck!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#19]
well theyve been calling for rain all week thurs. it srinkled for 2 min fri it was supposed to rain allday but three drops hit my window or it was a bird not sure and on the weather channel its down to a 30% chance but in the am. what about burning the trash like u used to or did they frown on that. ive got  my wheel borrow loaded so if we can burn the trash we could still put the metal in a pile in that big whole and catch it next time. that would still clean it up alot ?? just a thought. what time is every one coming out barring a morning thunder storm ill be glad to come help clean up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the clean up is scrapped for this weekend.
I am planning on just shooting and I am going to try for 9:00 arrival but I don't shoot till after 10:00 as a courtesy to the neighbors.

In order to use the dumpster at the field office something needed to be set up with the DNR.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Rats! I left work early so I could make the clean-up and do some shooting!

Well Gordie, I'll come out and shoot with ya anyway. As of 2am, it's supposed to hold off rain until later in the afternoon. We should be ok.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 3:35:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

NEWEST UPDATE 5-26-05

Well, due to the lingering threat of bad weather for the whole weekend, I called and cacelled the dumpster. I did not want to waste the DNR's limited funds on a dumpster we weren't going to use. We'll have to reschedule the shoot for another weekend. Unfortunately, my weekends are going to be tide up until after June. If it is descent weather, I still plan to go out there. I guess all we can do is wait. STUPID WEATHER!!!

Well, anyone still going to shoot should just bring a few trash bags and take some garbage out with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top