Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 8:40:40 PM EDT
I haven't done any transfers in a while.

Who currently has the best price locally?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Just based on price it's probably Medic Firearms but he's out in the sticks.  For me it's pretty much on the way home but if you live in Memphis it may not be worth it to drive 30+ miles there and back to save a few bucks. If I was in town I'd try Range USA.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to GunBroker and enter your zip code.  Quite a few ffl's listed there with their prices and contact info.  I would say it's going to be hard to find a transfer cheaper than $30 dollars in the Memphis area. $20 for the transfer and $10 for the background check.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just based on price it's probably Medic Firearms but he's out in the sticks.  For me it's pretty much on the way home but if you live in Memphis it may not be worth it to drive 30+ miles there and back to save a few bucks. If I was in town I'd try Range USA.
View Quote

Yeah, I just now went with Medic.  I've used them before.

I live in Lakeland, so Piperton is not too terrible far.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% worth the drive.  Just watch Piperton's tiny slice of 385.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Another +1 for Medic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The pawnshop in Oakland is $35. straight out 64 about 15 minutes from Lakeland.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Cold day in hell before I spend my money there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Another +1 for Medic.
View Quote

Only FFL I use.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm brand new here, but thought I'd share my recent experience with an FFL transfer.

I got mine done at Accent Guns & Loans on Summer Ave. It was $35 total. So, $25 fee and $10 for background.

I believe they actually vary on their fee, but the guy I talked to told me they were $35 so that's what they honored.

It helps that they're on the way home (sort of) for me from work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top