Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I put NRA into contact with him and they say they never heard from OEF_VET.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Williamson county SRT really has PS90s with silencers?

Link Posted: 6/17/2008 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
SU,

I was waiting for NRA to contact me.  I guess we were waiting on each other.

As for the Cheatham County Sheriff, there's not much to report.  My customer was afraid that if I pushed the issue, the Sheriff would know it was because of him, and it could have repurcussions on the customer.  Also, I couldn't figure out how the AG could word an opinion any clearer than TCA 39-17-1361 already states the law.  It seems cut and dry to me, if the Sheriff and ADA can't figure it out already, what would it take to get them to change their minds.

I did hear, from another customer, that the Sheriff signed his Form 1 for an SBR, but wouldn't sign his Form 1 for a suppressor.  I also heard that the Sheriff declined a Form 4 for a suppressor, which was presented to him by an attorney.  The individual who told me this said that the attorney was considering suing the Sheriff, in order to compel him to sign.

As for Williamson County SRT, they actually have post-sample P90's with Gem-Tech suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed and IM'ed you with info and never heard back. I forwarded your contact info to one of the guys at NRA. He said he shot you an email too. We assumed it was taken care of since we did not hear back.

Sheriff's simply cannot decline. It is the law. And in these cases, NRA is happy to get involved.
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If none of these avenues help, get in touch with a gentleman named John Harris. He is President of the TFA and an attorney in Nashville. I happen to know that he will be manning the TFA booth at the Bob Pope show in Franklin at the Williamson Co. Agri. Center this Saturday. (06-21-08) If you can't get by there, IM me and I will get you his office number.  Good luck.   MIKE
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Contact State Rep. Judd Matheny 47th district Tullahoma. He is a NFA owner and NRA member and has hosred mg shoots at his farm, plus he is a member of the House Judiciary Committee! Address is:    Rep. Jud Matheny
                                                 113 Crestwood Dr.
                                                 Tullahoma Tn. 37388
                                                          or
                                                 205 War Memorial Bldg
                                                 Nashville Tn. 37243
                                                 615-741-7448
                                                 [email protected]
He is a great guy and will bust his butt to help on gun issues!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike's advice is spot-on.  Contact John Harris of the TFA.

John Harris, the executive director of the Tennessee Firearms Association, is a Nashville attorney, and is arguably the best person to contact for advice.  He's won several NFA cases, and is also familiar with establishing NFA Trusts.  He's in the phone book...or you can PM/PT me & I'll give you his office number.

We'll be at the TFA booth at Bob Pope's show this weekend (20-22 June) at the Williamson County Ag Center.

Good luck & go get 'em!

David
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top