Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 8/3/2016 12:39:32 AM EDT
Over the weekend, I was visiting my hometown, Fillmore. I stopped in to Pioneer Market and talked to Joe Ashman, who has owned Pioneer Market for 50 years or so. I've bought several guns off him over the years. I used to delivery papers to his mother when I was 12.

I've been looking around for a compact 9mm single stack. As luck would have it, he had a Ruger LC9s Pro in the case. It was listed for $379, and then he said, "Easton. You've bought a fair bit from me over the years and you've taken care of a lot of my friends (I'm a family doctor). Let's call it $369."

Me: "Uh, can you hold it for me for 10 minutes while I walk across the street to the ATM? I don't want you to get hit with the credit card fees."

Him: "See you in a minute."

So, I picked up a new LC9s Pro for $369 plus tax. I looked around a bit. The same gun is $359 on Buds, plus a $25 FFL fee.

If you've got a good local gun store, throw some money their way. Go see Joe. He'll take care of you.

ETA: The first gun Joe ever sold me was a Daisy Pump .177 cal air rifle. Killed many sparrows and starlings with it. I was 12. I bought it with paper route money. I had just enough money to cover the gun. I didn't even think about buying BBs. He just grinned, and tossed in a tube of BBs to close the deal.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I always like to pop into small town gun stores when I'm in the area.

Fillmore is our usual stop and fill up/drain out spot when on our way to St George.

I have always meant to pop into that shop, but I'm usually passing by outside of their normal business hours.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always like to pop into small town gun stores when I'm in the area.

Fillmore is our usual stop and fill up/drain out spot when on our way to St George.

I have always meant to pop into that shop, but I'm usually passing by outside of their normal business hours.
View Quote

I really like the pawn shop in Beaver, I try to spend some money there all the time too.  They've really had some neat guns at times too, not just old farmer's shotguns.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top