Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 8:23:35 PM EDT
I am from Roseburg and havent been there in years. I am taking my daughter to the hockey game tonight......is concealed carry going to be an issue ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
They usually have wands and walk through detectors at the Blazer games. I don't recall if they did for the one hockey game I went too. I'd recommend not carrying. My little pocket knife set em off but they let me in anyway at a Blazer game so a handgun would definitely activate their gear if they are using it that night.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Just as an update....it's a good thing I did not carry. Everyone went thru a metal detector and if you set it off you got pulled aside and wanded...they did allow my Kershaw blur, Leatherman wave, and Fenix light through. Cops at every entrance s well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Shit sorry I didn't see this thread earlier I could've warned you. My Kershaw launch 2 was gtg. But yeah, no guns. And LEO off duty isn't exempt at UO games so Blazer games are likely the same.

ETA. Roseburg We likely have acquaintances in common.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Long time no see YankeeFan!!  Good to see you posting.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
When I went to the Moda center to see Cirque du Soleil and Leonard Cohen there were no security checks at all. It is only sports games that have metal detectors?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I went to the Moda center to see Cirque du Soleil and Leonard Cohen there were no security checks at all. It is only sports games that have metal detectors?
View Quote

I would assume concerts do as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Long time no see YankeeFan!!  Good to see you posting.

View Quote

Yeah I am trying to get back here again. There for a few years I got off the whole Internet gun board Facebook thing. But he'll I kinda missed y'all here.

Dash, I grew up here in douglas county so shoot some names and I bet I know them....heck is in might even know you.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shit sorry I didn't see this thread earlier I could've warned you. My Kershaw launch 2 was gtg. But yeah, no guns. And LEO off duty isn't exempt at UO games so Blazer games are likely the same.

View Quote

To be able to carry at Blazer games as LE we have to have a letter on file with them from the agency ok'ing it, and it only covers Blazer games. Other events at the Moda Center have their own rules and restrictions. We had a guy turned away a few weeks ago for some event (can't remember which) cuz he thought the letter covered everything. Poor guy and his family had to leave because they took the Max and had no where to stow the gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To be able to carry at Blazer games as LE we have to have a letter on file with them from the agency ok'ing it, and it only covers Blazer games. Other events at the Moda Center have their own rules and restrictions. We had a guy turned away a few weeks ago for some event (can't remember which) cuz he thought the letter covered everything. Poor guy and his family had to leave because they took the Max and had no where to stow the gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh crap what a shame for him. That's good info thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
No metal detectors at the Eric Clapton concert a few years ago. I asked security about it after we got inside and he said "Look around. The average age here is 55. We're not too worried about you guys."

They did have the metal detectors on for the PBR  bull riding competition last week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top