Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just use the washer on your A2 flash hider........
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK quick question- instructions say to use the compresson washer from the manufacturer- I aint got one.  where/what size would I need??

Don't use a compresson washer use a regular washer as a compresson washer will always change the POI, or the mounting would be uniform from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
OK 2 different answers, also I don't have one from flash hider.  ONly upper I had was perm attached and sold.  Will be buying a 10.5 or 11.5" upper soon for the can, but it's also going to be used on a bolt action.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So the problem children are:

SN:
226-231

Pat

O.K. UPDATE as of 9:26a.m.

216   Pending 3-23-06
222   APPROVED & MAILED OUT 3-22-06
226   PENDING 12-6-06 waiting for response on fingerprint cards
227   PENDING 12-6-06 waiting for response on fingerprint cards
228   NOT IN SYSTEM as of 3-24-2006
230   PENDING 3-23-06
231   NOT IN SYSTEM as of 3-24-2006

O-Yea,
229  APPROVED 2-24-06 Mailed (I hope it says COPY) hard to read

You may call ALMA or her supervisor Rob Howard at: WV (304) 616-4500
I JUST called Rob Howard and I encourage you too as well.

His response to my questions were LESS THAN satisfactory, PLEASE CALL HIM AND BITCH.
Be prepared to receive a LESS THAN friendly response.  
I guess he is getting MANY OF THESE CALLS.

He did say, "December 6th? Well those will be handled as a priority"

Pat
Oregon Research Labs, LLC
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So the problem children are:

SN:
226-231

Pat

O.K. UPDATE as of 9:26a.m.

216   Pending 3-23-06
222   APPROVED & MAILED OUT 3-22-06
226   PENDING 12-6-06 waiting for response on fingerprint cards
227   PENDING 12-6-06 waiting for response on fingerprint cards
228   NOT IN SYSTEM as of 3-24-2006
230   PENDING 3-23-06
231   NOT IN SYSTEM as of 3-24-2006

O-Yea,
229  APPROVED 2-24-06 Mailed (I hope it says COPY) hard to read

You may call ALMA or her supervisor Rob Howard at: WV (304) 616-4500
I JUST called Rob Howard and I encourage you too as well.

His response to my questions were LESS THAN satisfactory, PLEASE CALL HIM AND BITCH.
Be prepared to receive a LESS THAN friendly response.  
I guess he is getting MANY OF THESE CALLS.

He did say, "December 6th? Well those will be handled as a priority"

Pat
Oregon Research Labs, LLC

I just love being a PROBLEM child.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have. That's how I got it "approved" but I've never received it. But, I had to call in order to get it approved and was only done so becuase I had two prior NFA items within recent time.

What if this was your only NFA item....you're stuck.

I have my can now, and had to call to get her to finish the forms.

I didn't have any other Form 4s.  Baisicallly I just called up. The dude said "Pending Dec 6th".  I said "gee this seems to be taking longer than most other transfers".  Him: "want to speak to your examiner?". Me: "Yes please". Him: "I'll transfer you".  I got Alma's voice mail and left a VERY polite message in my "nice guy voice": "Hi this is Q-Man.  I'm calling about a Form 4 transfer for a TAC-16 suppressor serial number XXXX220, pending since Dec 6th.  It seems to be taking a long time and I wonder if there is anything wrong with my paperwork or any problems at all.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do.  My home number is 503XXXX, my work number is 503XXX.   I hope you're having a great day.  Thanks! Bye!" <click>.  She called me at work later in the day and left me a voice mail: "Hello this is Alma McCoy with the BAFTE calling for Mr. Q-Man.  Your Form 4 for serial number ######220 is approved as of today.  Good bye."

It took about 4 or so days for Pat to get the Form 4 in the mail.

My guess is that she has a pile of forms and maybe isn't too organized.  I think she got my call, found my Form 4 and thought "Oh crap. Dec 6th.  Better get this one out the door because he sounded like a stud on the phone."

Ok, maybe not the stud part...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK quick question- instructions say to use the compresson washer from the manufacturer- I aint got one.  where/what size would I need??

Pat told me that the washer may actually be the cause of baffle strikes and when we tried it out at his place we didn't use it (and didn't get any baffle strikes).  I think he reasoned that the back of the barrel may be "truer" than the washer.

Whatever the case, it works for me without the washer. If I get any strikes, I'll post here about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah it got answered in the thread pt. 2.  thanks man.  Now I just need my barrel threaded.  Ordered a new 10-FP to throw this on as well!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IBTL

^ dork
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have. That's how I got it "approved" but I've never received it. But, I had to call in order to get it approved and was only done so becuase I had two prior NFA items within recent time.

What if this was your only NFA item....you're stuck.

I have my can now, and had to call to get her to finish the forms.

I didn't have any other Form 4s.  Baisicallly I just called up. The dude said "Pending Dec 6th".  I said "gee this seems to be taking longer than most other transfers".  Him: "want to speak to your examiner?". Me: "Yes please". Him: "I'll transfer you".  I got Alma's voice mail and left a VERY polite message in my "nice guy voice": "Hi this is Q-Man.  I'm calling about a Form 4 transfer for a TAC-16 suppressor serial number XXXX220, pending since Dec 6th.  It seems to be taking a long time and I wonder if there is anything wrong with my paperwork or any problems at all.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do.  My home number is 503XXXX, my work number is 503XXX.   I hope you're having a great day.  Thanks! Bye!" <click>.  She called me at work later in the day and left me a voice mail: "Hello this is Alma McCoy with the BAFTE calling for Mr. Q-Man.  Your Form 4 for serial number ######220 is approved as of today.  Good bye."

It took about 4 or so days for Pat to get the Form 4 in the mail.

My guess is that she has a pile of forms and maybe isn't too organized.  I think she got my call, found my Form 4 and thought "Oh crap. Dec 6th.  Better get this one out the door because he sounded like a stud on the phone."

Ok, maybe not the stud part...

Yeah, maybe not the stud part.  I won't go there, won't ever have to factor that in for myself.

Having been a reluctant participant, but participant nontheless, in State level .gov institutions I think your assessment of Ms. Alma's situation right now is spot on.  Even if she is very organized, she cannot function above the level of a minor us.gov agency that has recently been transfered from one area to another.  Her day is 30% staff meetings, 30% problem solving, and 30% productive. You can figure the other 10%.

This is absolutely not an excuse, but I hope it offers some modicum of insight into the day to day activities of Ms. Alma McCoy.

Let me put this into perspective.

Think about the highest functioning individual you know and put them into this system.   How does their performance come across?  Yeah, it sucks.  You would think about puling your own hair out until you figured out that it wouldn't help.

Now, think about the barely competent and put them into this system.  How does their performance come across?  Noticibly below the first example but within tolerances, still.

The very competent and barely competent wide up getting smushed together within a narrow range of performance.  Sucks, but true.  Most here know this to be true in one way shape or form.

My position on this is that she is allowed some consideration but still must be held accountable; she is in that hot seat.  Goes with the territory.  But I will commiserate, joke and laugh with her when I come to calling her. Probably won't make a difference but might ease everybody's pain.  But, I still will call and anticipate accountability.  

It sounds like there are efforts made at BATFE to deal with issues as they arise.  I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.   Thank you B. Franklin.

Regards,

Rick
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
NO SHITH!  
(In my best John Belushi impression)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#14]
39.9999999999999999999999 pages
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top