Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/23/2004 9:38:37 AM EDT
This is the second Sunday in January. How about it anyone up to it. Browns camp. Oh and I learned something from the general forum, if it rains we will not be able to shoot our ARs because they will rust on the spot. So bring some other weapons just in case OK.[wink]
I'll see about getting another door, I think we all had fun blasting it and I hope other did as well.

If this date does not work for Dean then we'll show up when ever you are OK?
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there. Won't have any of the really cool stuff yet. Anybody want to go in on some tannerite?
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just gonna get this right out of the way now.  I will shoot in a frickin' tornado if I could.  Rain, snow, hot sun...  I don't care.   However.  There are two things that can stop me from shooting on Sunday.  My wife is number one.  In this case this is not a factor.  Number two is my job.  And guess what?  I work on sundays.   Crap!

Mark.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Count me in.  Maybe santa will bring us all some new toys.  I know I've been good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm just gonna get this right out of the way now.  I will shoot in a frickin' tornado if I could.  Rain, snow, hot sun...  I don't care.   However.  There are two things that can stop me from shooting on Sunday.  My wife is number one.  In this case this is not a factor.  Number two is my job.  And guess what?  I work on sundays.   Crap!

Mark.

Mark it's far enough in advance to take the day off. Hint hint

Our last shoot was worth taking off.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll go......
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok.. you talked me into it.  I'll take a vacation day.  Your a good man Nines..
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Oh and I learned something from the general forum, if it rains we will not be able to shoot our ARs because they will rust on the spot.

Oh crap! They rust on the spot in the rain?

I’d better tell my rifle.

Link Posted: 11/23/2004 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
OK.  I've missed every shoot since becoming aware of ar15.com.  This one I'd like to make.

Yall mind a new guy showing up?   If not, where is "Brown's Camp".  I assume up north somewhere?

I expect to have a new FAL from Todd at ORF by then and would love to not only shoot it there but to maybe glean some good info from folks that are more learned than I.  Don't know if anyone is interested in FAL's but they would be welcome to also make noise with it.  

Let me know and I'll be there.  Lord willin' and the creek don't rise and all that....

Link Posted: 11/24/2004 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to arf.com and please do try to make it to the next shoot, everybody is welcome.

FALs are cool and I for one am a fan. At the last shoot I recall there being at least one there. Just because it’s an arf.com shoot, doesn’t mean the shoot is limited to ARs.

-Chris
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool and thanks.  

If someone could let me know what and where "Brown's Camp" is I'd appreciate it.

I'll bring the  FAL, AR and my old Enfield for a hoot.  

I have a semi cheesy target I built and some 75 meter feedback targets if that would help.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a great time at the last shoot, so you can count me in.

Hey Barkinhound I will bring my ORF FAL to the shoot as well.   There were a couple of FALS at  the last shoot along with many other fun toys.
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Barkinhound, Read down aways it should get you there.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=36&t=184016

Bang
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Bang Member:

Thanks man.  I appreciate that.  

I am seriously looking forward to meeting you folks and being involved in an official shoot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bang Member:

snip.

BANG MEMBER!

Right now I am laughin my A$$ off.

I'm looking forword to meeting you.

Hey Bang does that hurt When you bang your member that is!
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#15]
HELL YA IT DOES!!!

Bang
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Who knows?  Maybe ch139 will be able to drag me out to this one...

Of course, now I have a legitimate excuse to not go, if my back is still bothering me.

Let's hope not!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Howdy from So-Cal,

It seems I was accepted to OSU and will be up there starting there 3 January.  I went shooting at Browns a few weeks ago during a scouting trip of the area, and would be happy to attend- if you fellas don't mind a "Southerner" showing up?

Looking forward to becoming an Oregonian
Cheers
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Well...  I'm personally not fond of people moving here from Kalifoniastan.  But, if you vote Republican and own guns you cant be all bad.  Also, good choice of schools.    

Welcome aboard!  
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Well... I'm personally not fond of people moving here from Kalifoniastan. But, if you vote Republican and own guns you cant be all bad.

I understand your apprehension; we have been receiving reports that your boat is tipping due to excess granola and birkenstock shipments from down south.  
I am part of the wrecking crew

Cheers (and point me to the SBR line please!)
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
The SBR line forms right here!

Moe-Ron, I’m in Corvallis, let me know if there is anything I can do for you, especially if you’re thinking about buying a place.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Doesn't look like I will be able to make this one, looks like I will be AR-less. Giving my CAR to my dad for Christmas, and don't have my build on my next one finished.

Nick
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Doesn't look like I will be able to make this one, looks like I will be AR-less. Giving my CAR to my dad for Christmas, and don't have my build on my next one finished.

Nick

What you only HAVE one gun, you don't have to have an AR to shoot! Bring quality ammo and you can shoot my AR. You can also shoot handguns, shotgun, hell you can even shoot a potato gun. Pee shooters are even allowed, but no spitballers!
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Howdy from So-Cal,

It seems I was accepted to OSU and will be up there starting there 3 January.  I went shooting at Browns a few weeks ago during a scouting trip of the area, and would be happy to attend- if you fellas don't mind a "Southerner" showing up?

Looking forward to becoming an Oregonian
Cheers

Hell yah you can come, but you have to bring the AMMO tax with ya. One 30 round mag per native Oregonian should work nicely.
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Hell yah you can come, but you have to bring the AMMO tax with ya. One 30 round mag per native Oregonian should work nicely.

Dang, I'm only here on a work visa from the CSA
Link Posted: 11/29/2004 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I am just glad there is another Gun show between now and then. I burned up a bunch of my designated ARFCOM ammo on thanksgiving. Need more ammo!

CH
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Need more ammo!

Always !
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
When and where is the Gun Show prior to the shoot??

I could use ammo also.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I could use ammo also.

Thanks!

There’s one at the Salem fairgrounds this weekend and another Portland Expo show the 17th to the 19th
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could use ammo also.

Thanks!

There’s one at the Salem fairgrounds this weekend and another Portland Expo show the 17th to the 19th

Its funny, the guys I work with during the shows always give me shit because as soon as we get set up, I start filling the truck back up with, well more shit. Then on sat its the same thing. Sunday theres usually not alot of extra room, but I always manage to get that last minute find in the back.
Every been asked what you need 15 empty ammo cans for? I have

Hopefully the 44us I had my eye on last show will be back. Will make a great shooter for one of  my daughters!
CH
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks!!  I'll see if I can google the Salem Fairgrounds show.  Would be good if it started on Friday.

Saturday it's the SEC Championship game.  Sort of a religion where I am from.

Thanks again.  Need ammo.  Need stuff I don't need.

Must go ogle guns.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, provided I'm still in the area that weekend ... it'd be a drill weekend, so I'd be busy playing Army.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well, provided I'm still in the area that weekend ... it'd be a drill weekend, so I'd be busy playing Army.

You tell them I said its okay if you come with us.  it'll be alright.  Hell, I'll even write you a note.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Shounds like fun and I dont work that Sunday. Where is browns camp? I live in Yamhill County just off 99w. I'll bring my M16 and UZI. Anyone can run some mags thru them if you bring your own ammo.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Shounds like fun and I dont work that Sunday. Where is browns camp? I live in Yamhill County just off 99w. I'll bring my M16 and UZI. Anyone can run some mags thru them if you bring your own ammo.

Cant pass that up! CHeck these threads out for diraections and pics/vids from the last shootout!
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=36&t=183856
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=36&t=184016
Good pics/vids from october:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=36&t=186987

Wont try and give directions as I have only been there once.  Should be able to find all you need in the above links though.

See you there.
CH

Link Posted: 12/8/2004 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Directions:
Traveling on HWY 26 W take the left exit for HWY 6.  Travel ~18.9 miles to the turn off for “Browns Camp/Rogers Camp Trailhead” on the left, the road is next to a ODOT gravel station (this will be ~.1 miles after mile marker 33 going west, there are at least 2 signs for it, one is after mile marker 34).  Next, follow the paved part of the road to the right (Saddle Mountain rd.  Travel 0.7 miles and then veer right onto University Falls rd (there will be a sign for University Falls and Stagecoach Horse camp – follow it.  DO NOT follow any more signs to University Falls or the Horse camp – continue 0.7 miles on this road until you come to a T intersection.  Turn right on to Beaver Dam rd and the Gravel Pit will be immediately on your left.   Good shooting – boB
PS – To follow the law you need to have in every motorized vehicle the following:
1. 1 gallon of water or a 2 & 1/2 lb fire extinguisher.
2. 1 shovel with a 8 inch blade and is at least 26 inches long.

Do not concern yourself with OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) stickers or spark arrestors unless you plan on traveling  on the OHV trails.

Link Posted: 12/8/2004 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll add it to the calander and try to make it.  I haven't been shooting in what seems like forever.  Traded a gb mini for a 590 and special edition Ruger MKII a few months ago and need to have a play with the new toys.  

In with the Tannerite as well.  LMK cost.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I've got an old '79 F20.  Two wheel drive.  That going to make it up there ok?  
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:16:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Deends on snow amount (if any). No snow-no issues.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#40]
If they're logging up there the road is kept open. And as far as needing shovels and water that is for the summer fire season.

Bang
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I've got an old '79 F20.  Two wheel drive.  That going to make it up there ok?  

Haven’t been up there in the snow, but at the other two shoots my Nissan Maxima made it up there just fine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like I'm going to have to pick up some more 5.56.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I have been approved for vacation.  I will be there.

Mark
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Mark

Cool looking forword to meeting ya. What ya bringin'?
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Mark

Sweet! Me likes lots of folks with guns!
CH
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey anybody wana give a SIG 55X class three a spin?
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

By "spin", you do mean "take home and love forever", right?

If so, I call dibs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so, I call dibs.

No! by spin, I meant run some rounds through it. If it was the way you meant it; you would be in line after me. And I would be stroking it lovingly, Oh my precious, you belong to my my precious.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so, I call dibs.

You have to go to the shoot first.

…and bring the magazines for your rifle.
Link Posted: 12/14/2004 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so, I call dibs.

You have to go to the shoot first.

…and bring the magazines for your rifle.

You know, you keep this up, and I'm going to have to post pictures here that show why you're also known as "The Safe Queen"...

I don't think you want people to see your tutu...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top