Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:36:08 PM EDT
Great turn out today! Thanks to all the folks that showed up today despite the weather. Had a great time. Will post more pix as I have time.

Bang

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a BLAST, I hope everyone made it home safely.

DH thanks for sharing your toys I still have a big shit eating grin.

I try and post the couple of pics I have can any host the videos?

For some strange reason my guns need to be cleaned.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks to all for a great time!

I don't even think the rain spoiled things at all.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed shooting all the stuff. It's almost as much fun watching the smile on a guys face as shooting myself. Well kinda close anyways.

Now I just have to dry everthing out and then spend a couple nights cleaning.

Hope we can do it again!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If we do the next one can we try for a Sunday I've sucked up a lot a vacation lately and I'd hate to miss another one. Damn, it sure was worth it.

I'd also like to make a comment; I think the whole group did a great job on gun handling safety. Thank you all so much for being so viegiliant about not covering people and fingers off the triggers. I feel a lot more comfortable shooting around this great group of guys than I do when it's just me going out to shoot at BC.

I do fill sorry for that poor door though.

Thanks again to all who showed up... If you missed well you better not miss the next one because there were miles of smiles goin' on.

edit to add: Did anyone find any of the fillings I lost, my teeth are still rattling.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the outsides wiped down on everything and all the cases are open and drying out. Now to start tearing them down and do the insides. What a great time!

Bang
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Still more pix.

Bang

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW! What great time I had! Another thanks to DeanH for bringing his toys. Dean, you ever come up my way, beer is on on me!

How can you not be happy after dumping a 30 rounder through an M16 complete with can? The smok says it all! Now I need to get my hands on that vid of the 40 roound 7.62 dump!!

Will do again!
CH
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
How bout the vid shot by the guy WHILE he was being pelted by a staedy stream of 7.62? That little short beast was pure joy! Had a great time and also enjoyed meeting all you guys and drooling over numerous cool setups.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy Shhheeeiiiitt  that looks like fun.  Hope i can make it to the next one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok who is the handsome fella?

If you send me your email the video file is only 2.15m I should be able to send that to you over night, I only have dialup so I'm super slow.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
And another fine lookin' member, who might you be?

Send me your email and I'll send you a 1.85m file.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]
And the boy with the coolest toys is?

Thanks so much again for the use of you toys, it more than made taken the day off worth while.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I've cleaned my rifles and shotgun that I forgot to bring ammo for, but it got a little wet for some reason. I'm trying to dry out all my cases and gun socks so I can store them. The Mrs. has been askin' when I'm going to be done. I keep telling her I'm done when I'm done.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And another fine lookin' member, who might you be?

tinypic.com/e0twk

Send me your email and I'll send you a 1.85m file.

That be me, but hardly fine lookin! More scruffy then anything else. Did you get vid of the Hk51 with the 40 round mag? If it would be easier I can send blank CD and you could burn em. I have a wireless connection so it doesnt matter on my end. Just hate to tie up your dial-up.
Email inbound!

I have to say, that was the most fun I have had in awhile! Look forward to doiing it again.

OH, Dean, I want you to know I have have just spent the last hour crusing the NFA ads, thanks!
CH
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
wish I could have gone but my carpal tunnel surgery had some problems....waited 3 hours for heavier meds while you guys was a blastin away.    
looks like y'all had a good shoot, hope i can make the next one.
btw, who had the suppressed AR?  which can and how quiet?   I'm hoping to get one but never got to try one
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I have offered to take over sending out the videos from ilike9s as I have cable internet and could get them out faster if he wants to send them to me.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I too wanted to say thanks to everyone who showed up, I had a great time and it wouldn’t have been the same without you all.

Also wanted to say thank you to all of you folks who were kind enough to share your weapons and let me take a few shots with them, it’s always exciting to try something new and different.

I’ll get some more pics up asap

Thanks again, Chris

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
wish I could have gone but my carpal tunnel surgery had some problems....waited 3 hours for heavier meds while you guys was a blastin away.    
looks like y'all had a good shoot, hope i can make the next one.
btw, who had the suppressed AR?  which can and how quiet?   I'm hoping to get one but never got to try one

That is DeanHs 16 w/ Gemtech can. He said it is pretty quiet but we all had ears on and there was lots of other shooting going on so it was actually hard for me to tell. I am sure Dean would give you some more details when he visits this thread again.  One is in my future and I had looked at these before. This pretty much sealed it up for me, however I want to at least check into the reflex cans before I move forward.

CH

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How bout the vid shot by the guy WHILE he was being pelted by a staedy stream of 7.62? That little short beast was pure joy! Had a great time and also enjoyed meeting all you guys and drooling over numerous cool setups.

Nick

You mean this one?  Dodging Brass Video (2.7MB)

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#20]
More vids to check out:

Walking Backward w/7.62 FA (2.37 MB)

Yet Another Reason Deanh is our Friend! (2.2 MB)

ch139's FA UZI in Action.  Thanks Again! (3.8 MB)

Thanks again to all for letting a relative noob like myself check out your slings, optics, and class III weapons. hail2.gif I had a great time and it was refreshing to meet folks with similar interests.  Next time I'll work on my aim for Spambo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd also like to make a comment; I think the whole group did a great job on gun handling safety. Thank you all so much for being so viegiliant about not covering people and fingers off the triggers. I feel a lot more comfortable shooting around this great group of guys than I do when it's just me going out to shoot at BC.

I would like to second that.  Everyone was safe & courteous which made for a perfect day.  Had a great time blasting away, and watching all the FA action & that followed.

Big thanks to ch139, bang, and other members that helped set up this shoot.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Lol those are some great pictures and video, the flash on the 7.62x39 upper really shows up well.  In the picture with ilike9s shooting the MP5K it look like you can see a round exiting the barrel.

With the Gemtech M496D you can easily shoot without hearing protection, but there is still the supersonic crack from the round.

Great group of guys, it was a pleasure shooting with you all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a ball guys!  It was great to put some names to faces in here.

Don't know how I did it, but I screwed up and brought four rounds back home with me.  They were hiding in the corner of my ammo box, so I'll have to be more careful the next time.

Well, back to that bottle of Ed's Red.  Two more to clean.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
More vids to check out:

That was great!

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time, despite the rain.

Maybe next spring we can do a super tristate PNW shoot? ID/OR/WA?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
More vids to check out:

That was great!

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time, despite the rain.

Maybe next spring we can do a super tristate PNW shoot? ID/OR/WA?

What till you see the video shot from the other side then you get to see the big picture. My video of it shows the helping hand I recieved and the laughter afterwards.

Guys I'm going to try and send out the videos  from work so someone can post them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Guys I'm going to try and send out the videos  from work so someone can post them.

Feel free to send them my way.  I'd be happy to post them for you.-Dave
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Edited to say:  User Error.    Ignore this post.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I also had a great time!  I love to see a bunch of guys get together and have fun like that.  I got to look through alot of optics that I have wanted to look through, shoot a FAL, M1 Ghrand, Full auto UZI and other assorted goodies!  Only down side to the whole day was my batteries in the camera went dead way to soon.  Here are some shots that I (we) did get.

The Pig

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Notice the hand? This was during the infamous full auto reverse shuffle!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey Guys! Had a great time blasting away and meeting all.  I still got 3 guns to clean
but that's therapy for me.

Bang, thanks for the great picture of me blasting away with my AR.

Any of you guys want to shoot out at Tri-County, sorry no full auto, let me know.

Spambo
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow, looks like y'all had a blast!  We had a great time at ours too.  Maybe some day we can combine the two and make it a jumbo PNW shoot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Any of you guys want to shoot out at Tri-County, sorry no full auto, let me know.

Spambo

I'd Love to shoot there....I have been thinking about being a member.  How can I come and check it out/shoot?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spambo

I'd Love to shoot there....I have been thinking about being a member.  How can I come and check it out/shoot?

uhh  ditto..
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ok who is the handsome fella?

tinypic.com/e0th2

If you send me your email the video file is only 2.15m I should be able to send that to you over night, I only have dialup so I'm super slow.hr

That would be me. I just got off duty this am and had not seen that pic yet.

I, too, have only dialup so I think I'll have to pass it up this time. If you put it on a cd and bring it to the next one, I'll gladly replace the cd.

Cape Hunter, thanks again for the help getting that broken shell out of the chamber of my Mini 14, and thanks to whomever loaned the tool, I apperciate it more than I can say.

Also, thanks to all that allowed others to shoot their weapons.

This was just about as much fun as one can with your clothes on.

In the auto racing community, we have a saying: "Racing makes a herion addiction look like a mild craving for salt." Well, much the same could be said for this event.

Thanks again, all!!!!

Oh, and let me know when the next one is, I don't want to miss it!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
snip

thanks to whomever loaned the tool, I apperciate it more than I can say.

quote]

That would be me, I'll burn a CD for th next event for ya.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Cape Hunter, thanks again for the help getting that broken shell out of the chamber of my Mini 14, and thanks to whomever loaned the tool, I apperciate it more than I can say.

I probably need to put one of those in my bag.  I have one for the 7.62X39 that I bought about ten years ago, but never used.  I got a lot of grief when I bought it from some guys that said it would be a wasted $4.  Well, they're up to $5. now and I think there will be one for 223 in my next TAPCO order.  I hope I get as much use out of it as I have the 7.62 tool.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Two more videos courtesy of ch139.  It's like heaven on earth I tell you. href=ch139's Video 1 (6.87 MB)
ch139's Video 2 (3.56 MB)

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I probably need to put one of those in my bag.  I have one for the 7.62X39 that I bought about ten years ago, but never used.  I got a lot of grief when I bought it from some guys that said it would be a wasted $4.  Well, they're up to $5. now and I think there will be one for 223 in my next TAPCO order.  I hope I get as much use out of it as I have the 7.62 tool.

It's good insurance to have one and not need one than to need one and not have one. It's the differance of packin' up early and heading to the Gunsmith, or fixin' your own gun and continueing to play. For me it was good money spent because at least now it has been used by someone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#40]
WS4LIF and Mr45auto:

I won't be going out to Tri-County this weekend since I have some reloading
to do and I *may* be out of town the next weekend.

You guys interested in participating in a Practical Rifle match on Saturday,
11-13?  It's held in the gravel pit behind the range.   Check out
www.practical-rifle.com for details

Either way, drop me an email at [email protected] and we'll
work something out.

Spambo
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Two more videos courtesy of ch139.  It's like heaven on earth I tell you.

ch139's Video 1 (6.87 MB)

I can still feel my teeth chattering from that little beast! I have to say that was the highlight of the shoot for me. 40 rounds of 7.62 in around 3.5 seconds is living!

Thanks for the vids ch139 and yrlessdave!
CH
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for posting those vids yrlessdave, I gotta figure out how to post those!

Guys, start thinking about the next date to have another one of these. And no, not Saturday October 30th!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Two more videos courtesy of ch139.  It's like heaven on earth I tell you.

ch139's Video 1 (6.87 MB)

I think the best time to take a picture is right after the mag is empty.  I don't think I saw anybody without a grin as wide as their face.  Dean sure has a way of spicing up a party doesn't he?

Quoted:
It's good insurance to have one and not need one than to need one and not have one.

LOL.  That saying hit my mind as soon as I hit the "Send" button.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thanks for posting those vids yrlessdave, I gotta figure out how to post those!

Guys, start thinking about the next date to have another one of these. And no, not Saturday October 30th!

OK then how about Sunday the 31st.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:00:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Dang, sorry I missed it. Decided at the last minute not to use the vacation.

I'd like to ask all those who got to try the full auto, have you written your reps about getting new full-auto for civilians back? The only way we will ever get our rights back is to fight. It doesn't even have to be a straight bill for this, could be added to a spending bill or something, as it is an IRS regulation. Something no matter who's Pres they'd have to sign. Use the libs tactics against them.

Sorry for the hijack and political rant, but it seems to be relevant with all the C3 fun that was had.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Dang, sorry I missed it. Decided at the last minute not to use the vacation.
snip

You miss a lot of fun I still have a mile long smile, thanks to Dean.
For me it was well worth talking the time off. But there are only so many day a year you can take off so I know how you feel.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I just filled up yrlessdave mail box so we'll be posting more video shortly.

Thanks Dave and sorry to fill your mailbox. I'll have to send you one more later. Also thanks for hosting these.

ilike9s
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I just filled up yrlessdave mail box so we'll be posting more video shortly.

Thanks Dave and sorry to fill your mailbox. I'll have to send you one more later. Also thanks for hosting these.

ilike9s

+1
Thank you both for getting these out.!

Must .. . . .. b..buy ... m..m..more a...aa...ammo!

CH
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn.  I'm getting slow. Now you all know I'm a slacker at heart. han  My pleasure serving you fine folks.  Anyway here you all go.

ilike9s Videos:

Cape Hunter Goes Full Auto With a Can (6.98 MB)
boomer_45 w/UZI (2.14 MB)
ilike9s Video 3 - More UZI (5.53 MB)
Cape Hunter and theUZI (1.84 MB)

PS - ilike9s still owes me his "Reverse Auto Shuffle" music video he promised earlier.  hug.gif

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Like I said I still have more to send ya you just have to keep you mail box empty. The other side of the walking back auto is 13m so you'll have to tell me if you can handle that.

Thanks for host'em

ilike9s
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top