Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2016 9:40:05 PM EDT
I was at Dixie Ammo Dump picking up my can today and noticed that they had 12 different .300Blk loads in stock.  Bullet weights varied from 125grns up to 220grns, so both hypervelocity and subsonics.  

*I don't work for DAD, nor do I get paid by them.   Just helpin' folks out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 300 BO coming. Considering hand loading for it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah definitely want to reload for it.  I reload a 220 grain with a quality bullet for about 34 cents a round .. Otherwise your looking average $1 a round
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah definitely want to reload for it.  I reload a 220 grain with a quality bullet for about 34 cents a round .. Otherwise your looking average $1 a round
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you getting projectiles
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
i've been hesitant to hand load for my 300blk.

my set up LOVES the 115gr tac-tx from barnes for supers but i'm having trouble settling in on a good subsonic expander for piggies.

so nervous though using pistol / shotgun powders in an auto-loading rifle...  i've got the dies and some components, but have been a little gun shy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got all the reloading components needed to load most of the calibers I shoot.   The one thing I don't have is TIME, so I either buy it or use OPA.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

my set up LOVES the 115gr tac-tx from barnes for supers but i'm having trouble settling in on a good subsonic expander for piggies.

so nervous though using pistol / shotgun powders in an auto-loading rifle...  i've got the dies and some components, but have been a little gun shy.

View Quote

Not many projectiles that will expand at subsonic velocities. I think Lehigh is about the only game in town. I may be wrong.
I'm looking into loading again now that I have a 300blk. I'll only load 9mm and 300blk. No need to load anything else really.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
For a subsonic load for deer, look at the G2 Trident.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For a subsonic load for deer, look at the G2 Trident.
View Quote

Ohhhhhh forgot about that one. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its about the easiest caliber to load for. Don't be scared. Stick with the known powders and your golden.

I run 19.0gn of LilGun with a 110gn Varmageddon or 7.3gn of LilGun with 208 amax. Its a flat out killing machine. I have taken deer, black bear, and pigs with mine. LOVE it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not many projectiles that will expand at subsonic velocities. I think Lehigh is about the only game in town. I may be wrong.
I'm looking into loading again now that I have a 300blk. I'll only load 9mm and 300blk. No need to load anything else really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is someone not making a long/heavy 30cal pistol bullet for the 300BO? Using the same lead alloy and jacket thickness as a 45acp should make for a decent subsonic 300BO bullet (and it would be cheap).
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:58:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why is someone not making a long/heavy 30cal pistol bullet for the 300BO? Using the same lead alloy and jacket thickness as a 45acp should make for a decent subsonic 300BO bullet (and it would be cheap).
View Quote

I'm finding that common sense is a bit lacking in large companies. That's one of the reasons the 458 SOCOM is still around - you can find some good pistol bullets for it - at least that's my theory!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rainer Ballistics is working one for Alexander Arms. I've seen pics of it from SHOT, I called the other day and they said they are still testing it and that it will not be released to public any time in the new future,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top