BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2008 12:43:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

2. Close the gap.

Anytime a threat is presented to you in a compressed time frame, our natural reaction is to back away and distance ourself from the threat.  This response works against us.  Once a threat has a secure hold on our weapon/sling, creating space between ourself, our sling, and the threat will multiply his power and leverage.  Think about a baseball player swinging a bat.  The greatest amount of power and force is located at the end of the bat, not in close where the hands are gripping the bat.  Allowing space between you and the threat places you squarely in the arc of power of the threat, magifying the power and leverage that a threat can bring to bear upon you.  This space also allows the threat room to advance his manipulation techniques to the next steps upon you.

Instead, close the gap.  Get inside your threats arc of power and trap the weapon and quite possibly one or both of his hands in between your bodies.  Most threats will not expect you to close the gap.  There is a natural human expectation that if I pull on you, you will pull back and seek to separate from me.  Closing the gap and aggressing on the threat is not a normal response and in many instances this will cause the threat to freeze or if your an OODA Loop fan, it will cause the threat's clock to reset.  As this is not a normal human reaction, it requires dedicated training to properly program this stimulus reponse.

Good shooting and Occupo Mens,
USSA-1  

This is a particularly effective means of dealing with wives that are trying to 'pop' you with a rolled up towel...not to silly up a very good and serious thread...but...
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
USSA-1 , Check your PM's  

Thanks, Jonathan
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
3.  Occupo Mens

This is a fighting style that I've been developing for some time.  Quite simply, it means seizing the mind by force.  It focuses on taking control of your opponents mind with physical force.  It's a fighting style that allows me to control you mind without your knowledge.  I don't have the space or time to explore this with any depth, but here is a quick concept.  A threat grabs my weapon/sling.  I make the second move first and close the gap.  At this point, I want to seize control the threats mind.  Refocus his attention and priorities.  Any technique to accomplish my goal will work, so this is not necessarily a physical overpowering process, it's a mental process.  To accomplish this goal, I decide that as I quickly close the gap and trap my body against my threats, I drive my thumb into the eye socket of my threat.  The instant my thumb makes contact, the threat is no longer focusing on my weapon/sling.  I have refocused his priorities to relieving the mounting pressure he is feeling in his eye socket.  At that moment, I have seized his mind.  I am controlling what he does, how he responds.  The threat is no longer trying to grab my weapon and he doesn't even realize it.  

Also known as changing his channel.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew I liked you for some reason.
You've been an awesome mentor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I knew I liked you for some reason.
You've been an awesome mentor.

I've never even taken one of Eric's classes, and I've learned a ton.  Anything from proper grip to stuff like this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It would be somewhat pointless for me to say "When X happens, do Y," as there are many variations in specifics and circumstances and I don't want this thread to degenerate into a "what if" discussion that will spiral into oblivion.  

Welcome to my life...
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So when is USSA going to host a class in Ga ? Or have you and I had my head in the sand?

I thought you were in OK, I heard a lot about you guys while in the Big D.

Well Erick did give a one day class that I was signed up for and turned out getting sick the friday beforehand so I had to bow out and ive been kicking myself in the ass ever since.
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So when is USSA going to host a class in Ga ? Or have you and I had my head in the sand?

I thought you were in OK, I heard a lot about you guys while in the Big D.

Well Erick did give a one day class that I was signed up for and turned out getting sick the friday beforehand so I had to bow out and ive been kicking myself in the ass ever since.

.... as are those of us who missed out by one slot!
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hi Eric,

Once again, thank you for sharing your knowledge.  The idea you describe above was previously told to me as 'controlling the tempo' of the fight.  You force your opponent to go from attack to reaction mode.  They're a move behind, trying to counter your attack.  Of course, knowing effective techniques to make that happen is a big help!

I wonder how many medics we'll need on hand if Eric and panzer get together to teach a HTH fighting class?

Allen

i don't know... but it sounds like something i'd want to watch... or get my ass kicked participating in...
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 4:34:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hi Eric,

Once again, thank you for sharing your knowledge.  The idea you describe above was previously told to me as 'controlling the tempo' of the fight.  You force your opponent to go from attack to reaction mode.  They're a move behind, trying to counter your attack.  Of course, knowing effective techniques to make that happen is a big help!

I wonder how many medics we'll need on hand if Eric and panzer get together to teach a HTH fighting class?

Allen

I'll be medic on-hand.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing like standing infront of Eric (I think he is a foot taller then me) after he has told u his back ground in hand to hand, judo, and all that other high speed ninja shit..and he looks at u and asks "R u a tuff guy"?

Then and there u start wondering what shape of a pretzel this big SOB is gona turn u into
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#18]
i think some HTF hand to hand fun is a great idea.  there are a number of us that are pretty experienced in some form of H2H combat.  We tossed around the idea of getting a few of us together for some mat work / stand-up drills.

i'm definitely down if anyone else wants to get this going...
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i think some HTF hand to hand fun is a great idea.  there are a number of us that are pretty experienced in some form of H2H combat.  We tossed around the idea of getting a few of us together for some mat work / stand-up drills.

i'm definitely down if anyone else wants to get this going...

AMEN to that brother!. I'd love to get some H2H in. of course if he wants to teach an AK course i'll go for that also... or if he wants to do a full auto course.... well I can rent a rifle to anyone who wants to attend that. but hands of my G36... Thats my baby

Link Posted: 9/19/2008 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know Allen.... dudes pretty big lookin'

I do have some equipment. The jewel is the full red man suit. Also have a black suit for batons. I am down to do this after I get moved.  For god sakes get a cup and get comfortable wearing it though! If your interested,  plan on about 4-6 weeks out. Also some good old fashioned PT would help anyone out alot. Push ups crunches etc. also any red guns you might have and training knives. If we can get a place with  a good mat area that would be nice, if not grass will work, but be prepared to get bruised up pretty good. Really depends on what you want to do. Street defense, gun disarm, knife defense ( last resort guys knives are wicked bad for you) Also some little tidbits for the tactical guys for teams. Just a few little tricks to up the safety factor. All I ask is you keep an open mind and take what works for you and add it to your personal collection.

USSA-1
Did you get the PM I sent?

Link Posted: 9/19/2008 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nothing like standing infront of Eric (I think he is a foot taller then me) after he has told u his back ground in hand to hand, judo, and all that other high speed ninja shit..and he looks at u and asks "R u a tuff guy"?

Then and there u start wondering what shape of a pretzel this big SOB is gona turn u into

If you werent a got dang midget ...... hell it dont take must to be taller than you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you werent a got dang midget ...... hell it dont take must to be taller than you.

This is true, but Eric is a mountain
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top