Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2003 8:58:13 AM EDT
"Boomstock" is what i'm calling it for now, until we get an official name for this event.

We'll how about it guys?  June 7th looks like a pretty good day for some shootin.

I'll be out of town on the weekend of the 21st and any sooner isnt a whole lot of time to plan.  Any later and it'll be hotter 'en hell.

So how many guys (and gals) can make a June 7th Shoot?

Lets get it going eh...

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I can make it on 6/7.  Count me in.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see why not. Let's also start a grocery list and divvy up the provisions.

lostwildcat, I will be IM'ing you in a few minutes. (edited to add - empty your IM mailbox!!!)

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't see why not. Let's also start a grocery list and divvy up the provisions.

lostwildcat, I will be IM'ing you in a few minutes. (edited to add - empty your IM mailbox!!!)

ByteTheBullet  (-:

emptied...wow I must be special i never filled up my im box before!  

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like fun to me.
It will be like a day after D-Day celebration.
I wish I could get a Garand before the shoot.
Will you be chefin' again LWC?
Let me know if you need me to bring any food or other supplies.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like fun to me.

ARH

I think it will be a blast.  I'd be happy to do the cooking again.  I am already devising a game that includes tannerite and green jello, but youll have to wait to see that one.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like fun to me.

ARH

I think it will be a blast.  I'd be happy to do the cooking again.  I am already devising a game that includes tannerite and green jello, but youll have to wait to see that one.

Green jello shooters?!?!?!Wooohooo!!!

Get it? We shoot stuff...hello?...hello?...is this thing on?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested. Where exactly will it be? I live in Gwinnett County. Details please. I'm sorta a new guy here.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm interested. Where exactly will it be? I live in Gwinnett County. Details please. I'm sorta a new guy here.

Andy

well welcome aboard new guy

This shoot is held at the FOP Range in Pleasant Grove, Al.  I'm fairly certain that a couple of the Ga guys live in Gwinette co also and would be willing to meet up with you for the trip.  

Check our the FOP website at members.aol.com/foprange/home.htm

and then look at some of the old threads in the GA forum, Ga/bama shoot etc for some pics and feedback.

i promise its worth the drive...i make a pretty good cheeseburger too.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn you LWC!
I will be in the motherland that weekend (Ohio). I have to go visit the in-laws.

One of these days, I might even get to shoot with you guys, again.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad, chainshaw.  I was really hoping you could make this one.  It was AWESOME.  Plus, LWC can cook a damn fine burger.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
w30olds, I'm also in Gwinnett.  Buford actually.  And DeltaAir423 lives only a few miles north of me.

The 'Bama range is really incredible.  Plus we had a part of the range (100 yard rifle, steel pistol ranges, etc.) just for us.

A bunch of us have been getting together to shoot regularly.  You should try to come out with us sometime.  A few of us are also getting together Saturday at the Eastman gun show.  You're welcome to join us.  Mexican food after the show.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I gotta see if I can get the night off, but I should be able to make it.  Crystal says she might come too.  Hopefully I'll have my ROMAK in by that time.  I'll probably have to hitch a ride over by Thorton RD (there's a Wally world just off of 20).
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I gotta see if I can get the night off, but I should be able to make it.  Crystal says she might come too.  Hopefully I'll have my ROMAK in by that time.  I'll probably have to hitch a ride over by Thorton RD (there's a Wally world just off of 20).

I'm gonna ask Amy (my wife) if she can take the day off and come too.  Wives like to hang out with other wives. (its a pack mentality i think)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah...I'm there!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Just found out tonight Crystal has a rafting trip planned for that day so she won't be there, but I'll still be there.  Hey Bookhound, any problem dropping off equipment on the night before?  I'll have to figure out where to meet up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:20:54 AM EDT
[#16]
DeltaAir423 - that's cool buddy.  You said something about Thornton Road.  That's where we met up with Byte and ARH.  I can pick you up there if you want.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#17]
This is a first.

I'll be there.  No conflicting plans, no on-call BS.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This is a first.

WooHoo!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This is a first.

ok, you've done it... now you have no excuses  

you bringing the coach gun?  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm in! Just got the PO signed from the wife and I'm ready, all I need is bullets.

This time I'd like to contribute by bringing something, y'all let me know. I dont want any one person coming out of pocket for all this this time, it was a blast last time, cheap too.
10 bucks to shoot
30 bucks gas
8 bucks 'gratuity' for food, thanks lostwildcat!
176.50 bullets :)
That's only 214.50 for a great day of shooting... no wonder Guido is at my door!

This time I'll have to bring more drinkables, I got slightly parched last time out.
I'll bring out more tannerites and why not a few empty milk gallons? Can you say BA-BOOM!!? Sure you can.

gilfrd

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Kool Count me in! Now that jsut gives me somewhat of a shopping dead line.

Trogdor.....the burninator
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#22]
ok sounds good.  Meeting place will depend on what time I get outta work.  If I make it out by 5 I should have no prob meeting at your house, but If I get out any later than that, Wally World at Thorton Rd and 20 sounds like a place to drop off the car.  Keep ya cell phone on!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is a first.

I can't believe it.  The site is down for awhile and when it comes back up reject is able to attend a group shoot.  Weird indeed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:52:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is a first.

ok, you've done it... now you have no excuses  

you bringing the coach gun?  

But of course.  And the fencepost, and the Swede, and probably a .22.  Maybe even She Who Must Be Obeyed, if she's interested.

Which reminds me, I need to clear all this with her....  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is a first.

I can't believe it.  The site is down for awhile and when it comes back up reject is able to attend a group shoot.  Weird indeed.

You didn't happen to see a black cat anywhere, did ja?  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#26]
btt

Everyone still planning on this one? I have it on my calendar but still lookin for bullets, WH.com is slackin!
17 days till the fun but I'm sure I'll be heading to CE before then to zero my new 4x scope.

What's the menu and what can I bring besides tannerite? It makes a wonderful meat tenderizer!

LWC, I got me some of that Dale's marinade, damn good stuff!! thanks for the tip!

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I've got it in ink on my calendar. I too need some of that ammo stuff. Hell, I need a source for small tannerite containers. Anyone got any ideas?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#28]
yes! stop by your local CVS, Eckerds etc., and ask em for film containers. They'll ask how many you want and you ask em how many ya got? Buy hunter orange spray paint so you can see them at a distance.

you can also use
balloons very cheap, a little tough to fill
skoal containers
paper cups(need lid)
any plastic bottle
5 gallon buckets(probably dangerous)

balloons are good because you can make em as big as you want and they are usually brightly colored so you can see them easily at 100yds. I have tested them and they work fine, just try to keep the air out of them, they'll hold their shape better without any air in em.

hint; tannerite tastes like crap, kinda cool to the tounge, I'll probably die next week.

hint; tannerite burns like a bitch in minor cuts, I recommend rubber gloves.

gilfrd

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Just talked to John at the FOP range to make sure he reserved the same area for us this time.  Everything is GO...

There is also a "steel plate challenge" that day from 10-1pm.  You can sign up and shoot the qualifier, then you get paired off against someone who is about as fast as you "man to man"  it sounds fun.  You can shoot that then go shoot rifles for a while then go back.  It's being held at the pistol ranges just around the corner.

Now onto the important stuff.  We can either divy up the food/beverages and everyone bring something or we can do like last time and I can pick up the grub and everyone pitch in.

let me know what you guys think.

LWC
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
LWC I vote on pitching in and having some of your good burgers again,  but if you decide not to cook, can anyone say Group Buy on Hooters Wings?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
LWC I vote on pitching in and having some of your good burgers again,  but if you decide not to cook, can anyone say Group Buy on Hooters Wings?!?!?!?!?

I'm a lazy food whore and I would like to pitch in for food also.

Group Buy at Hooters- thanks for the visual Delta

ARH
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah nothing but a bunch of hot and sweaty guys and a few girls just off the range walking into a Birmingham Hooters location.

yes Mam we need 2 cases of wings and 1 case of Bud Light
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
...and 1 case of Bud Light

The lead must be getting to ya...  Best hand over that Cetme for "safe-keeping".
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#34]
All your CETME belong to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#35]
All your Hooters are belong to us!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#36]
You have no chance to survive make your time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yeah nothing but a bunch of hot and sweaty guys and a few girls just off the range walking into a Birmingham Hooters location.

yes Mam we need 2 cases of wings and 1 case of Bud Light

I was thinking about a group buy on the boobies.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#38]
All boobies aside, I have aquired some empty film canisters(for Tannerite) and would be happy to share! Let me know how many you need. I will be taking some to Charlie Elliot Sat if you want to get some then.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Edited to add: I like the pitch in idea. I can bring the table, cups, and Tannerite also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Well I'm ready to go now, only a few more itmes left on my shopping list. Got the major one last night. My very own Ar-15 (Frist one) thanks Azlin.

Trogdor..the burninator
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I’m going for sure.  Like ByteTheBullet said, it’s written in ink on the calendar.  I’m up for the pistol challenge too.  That will be fun.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Arrrooowwed!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll be there with the_beer_slayer! I'm not going to miss this for the world. I had loads of fun last time. And maybe I'll shoot more. If any of your wives come and they don't want to shoot. I am sure I can get them directions from the FOP to the Outlet Mall or Flea Market! Of course there is always the Galleria in Hoover!

Mona
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

If any of your wives come and they don't want to shoot. I am sure I can get them directions from the FOP to the Outlet Mall or Flea Market! Of course there is always the Galleria in Hoover!

Mona

I'll let Mrs. BookHound know.  She likes to shoot, but likes to shop even more.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#44]
The Galleria is a stripmall compared to the Mall of Georgia.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Hey man, don't make fun...it's what they got.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Oh No! Not Shopping Wars!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry guys plans have come up and I won't be able to attend Boomstock II.  I hope ya'll have fun.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Sorry guys, plans have come up.  Me and SWMBO will definitely be in attendance for Boomstock II.

Pondering whether or not I should make a batch of death-chili...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sorry guys, plans have come up.  Me and SWMBO will definitely be in attendance for Boomstock II.

Make the chili!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make the chili!!

You know how they say, "It's not the coming, it's the going that gets ya"?  Well, this chili gets you both ways.  If I do it just right, you can tell where exactly it is in your GI tract by where the burning sensation is located.

Lemme talk to Ryan and find out what his "kitchen" will be like, and then I'll know if I can make it on the spot (it's best when fresh).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top