Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2015 7:18:57 AM EDT
Any issues big game hunting with NFA stuff (not MG)?  Wouldn't mind using the gun in my avatar.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Suppressors are definitely legal to hunt with in NC...legislature made that change to the law a couple of years ago.  I'll let somebody else respond to the SBR part but I think I've seen discussion that there is no rule against using one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#2]
General consensus among hunters and game wardens is that it's legal to use an sbr so long as the rifle is legal to own, but the wording and interpretation of the laws had been up for debate for some time now. Easiest way to find out for sure would be to fire if an email to DNR and ask.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely legal for hunting.

Suppressors were made legal in 2013, SBRs this year.
View Quote

Awesome.  What about SBS's?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the useful info and links.  Now I presume I'll need to take some sort of hunter safety course to get a NC hunting license (despite 40 years of having a PA hunting license).

And will have to decide between 10" homemade 300BO and 12.5" Noveske 308 ;)

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the useful info and links.  Now I presume I'll need to take some sort of hunter safety course to get a NC hunting license (despite 40 years of having a PA hunting license).

And will have to decide between 10" homemade 300BO and 12.5" Noveske 308 ;)

View Quote

Bring a copy of your PA license, and I think you're GTG.

Maybe you have to sign something that you did once receive hunter safety ed in another state.  

Or here in podunk, show the gun counter clerk the Noveske, and you're instantly qualified

ETA
Some of my help said they changed the HS stuff in 2013, maybe don't bank on that ^^^ , sorry.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ETA
Some of my help said they changed the HS stuff in 2013, maybe don't bank on that ^^^ , sorry.
View Quote

My wife is moving down  probably 6-8 months before I'll move down full time. I'll have plenty of time to check on it when I'm bouncing between both states..  But thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Definitely legal for hunting.

Suppressors were made legal in 2013, SBRs this year.
View Quote

And that say it all. Be safe, have fun.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top