Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 2:53:17 PM EDT
Went Shootin' at Slacker's with Danger_Close...had a great time!! Slacker, thanks for your hospitality, I do appreciate it. And let me know when we're going there to work. Here's some pics of us shooting the Barrett, and the aftermath.

That's a cinder block he hit from about 50 yds.

And the innocent bystanders...

Splitting wood the fun way...one shot from a .50 BMG again from about 50 yds- split it perfectly down the middle.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh my god..... that is freaking incredible!  I didn't know they would really do that!  Is that one shot, or several to knock down the trees?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks to Motor05 for letting us shoot his 50 cal. Its an awsome rifle.
The tree shots are "one shot one kill". That round really packs the heat. Recoil was much softer than I anticipated. I compare it to a 12GA 3" slug from a pump shotgun. Not bad considering its throwing 600+ grain bullets.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't you around Durham?  I'm over by Orange County.  That looks a lot like the type of acreage I used to run around on in the north part of the county when I was growing up.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Need double the fun? I have A Ultimate Accuracy 50 BMG And a buddy with a case of tannerite. Could be a good photo Op.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
thats one way to clear a lot.

Whoever took the first 2 pix, YOU SUCK! Hold the cam still next time!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Need double the fun? I have A Ultimate Accuracy 50 BMG And a buddy with a case of tannerite. Could be a good photo Op.

Hmmm....  I have a friend with an AR-50 that needs a workout too.  

This weekend I saw one of the Steyr 50 Cal's.  It was very nice.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks to Motor05 for letting us shoot his 50 cal. Its an awsome rifle.
The tree shots are "one shot one kill". That round really packs the heat. Recoil was much softer than I anticipated. I compare it to a 12GA 3" slug from a pump shotgun. Not bad considering its throwing 600+ grain bullets.

That's one way to split wood, for sure!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I did not know master slacker had opened his property up for rifles, time to get out the fal, and get my uppers back from red!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I did not know master slacker had opened his property up for rifles, time to get out the fal, and get my uppers back from red!!!!!

Nah- from what I gathered it's the other way around.  The rifles are opening up the property.

Hah.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#11]
"Master Slacker"?

Ira,
since when have we been on such formal terms?  I thought you and the Mrs were coming to the meet and eat last weekend? I looked on my cell for your # when we changed establishments, but I must have misplaced it. So, whats you excuse for being MIA?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
thats one way to clear a lot.

Whoever took the first 2 pix, YOU SUCK! Hold the cam still next time!!

That was BUSH'S FAULT!  He had a hard time holding the camera still due to the re-directed muzzle blast.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Slacker, you are a property owner bud, the master of all that you see... or own rather: less the tree's apparently.  Yeah, I work in an industry where the customer isn't always right, but they are the customer.  By the time I got home Friday, dinner was left overs, and I had to take solace in a movie classic "the wild geese" that is a great flick, and has been re-released on dvd.  

Did you guys know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome?

BUt enough about work, I digress............

I am sorry I missed the festivities, maybe we'll plan another.  Looks like you have the lumber problem solved in Mebane, now if we could just find someone with a flamethrower for the brush, that would be more fun than a cold beer in the summer time. (less filling too)!

Have a good one!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top