Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2009 9:07:52 AM EDT
Its already started...Ammunition Accountability Legislation

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states requires all ammunition to be
encoded by the manufacture, providing a data base of all Ammunition sales.

So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless
the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uuencoded ammunition must be destroyed by
July 1, 2011 (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05
cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at
least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take
your guns!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states:
Alabama , Arizona ,
California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana ,
Kentucky ,
Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri, New Jersey, New York ,
Pennsylvania ,
Rhode Island , South Carolina, Tennessee , and Washington .

MO Senate Bill

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring
this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this has already been brought up, and defeated.  I don't think this will ever get passed in it's current form.  I didn't read the links that you supplied.  It sounds like the one that has come, and gone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, wasn't sure just a had a buddy email it to me.

Sorry if this is a repost

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I get this same thing e-mailed to me twice a week at least and I have to educate the sender.

Seems to happen once every two weeks on here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#5]
i had to go through the email education just a couple of days ago with one of my buddies

PTK
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
It's probably in our best interests that the proponents of this concept are stubborn and refuse to compromise on inch as that thing seems unpassable without significant modification.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been education people too.... I've gotten it twice this week.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Its 2009 now,  for those who don't know.

I wouldn't think I would need to say that,  but plenty of people seem worried about legislation that died in May of 2008.

2008 bills need to be opposed in 2008.  Usually,  in the March to May period when this stuff actually happens.  The Missouri constitution REQUIRES adjournment of the legislature by the end of May.

Now,  we need to worry about 2009 bills.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Well here is a corker, I managed to get this thing 4 times and provided rebuttle each time from the SAME person!!! He received several of these and each one had been wordsmithed to appear as a different issue. Keep educating folks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]

I got it this week too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
the bill in mo is senate bill 1200.  it is still in committee.  i have contacted two members on the committee regarding the issue.  i have received one response from matt bartle who is my local rep.  he said he is against it and will vote against it.  check the committee members and make those contacts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the bill in mo is senate bill 1200.  it is still in committee.  i have contacted two members on the committee regarding the issue.  i have received one response from matt bartle who is my local rep.  he said he is against it and will vote against it.  check the committee members and make those contacts.

OMG, utter major fail.  Biggest fail I have seen in the MoHTF.  Jesus H Christ...........

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Ask Matt for me if his sister is still such a bitch.  LOLZ

Ok I really shouldn't post up so late on a Friday night....
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ask Matt for me if his sister is still such a bitch.  LOLZ

Ok I really shouldn't post up so late on a Friday night....

She is, trust me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys see this as a bad thing.  I think its just a really awesome game.  Who can get to the top of the list the fastest.  I'm thinking my old man will win on 32 auto.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are you retarded?  Can you even use a calendar?

IT IS 2009!
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's ok Cav.  It's ok to be irritated.  I'm still glad that people out there are trying to learn and stay vigillant.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Joined January 2009. Second post results in insults and barbs. Welcome to Arfcom . . .

Here's a little civics lesson for you. The Missouri General Assembly shuts down at the end of May. If a bill isn't passed by then, it's not going to. Something like this will probably be reintroduced this year, but it will have a different bill number. But even if that happens, it's likely to suffer the same fate: it will die in committee.

Missouri is a pretty pro-gun state. During the past governor's term we achieved CCW, a Castle Doctrine bill, overturned the Jim Crow-era handgun permit system, got protections for gun ranges and made suppressors legal. Now, it's unlikely the new governor would have signed those bills had they been presented to him, but the legislature is still controlled by Republicans and isn't likely to pass any major anti-gun bills.

With all that being said, I'd like to make a modest suggestion: Go slowly when it comes to "educating" the ARFCOM hive about gun issues. It may be better to read more and post less as you get a feel for the board. Also, sometimes it's a good idea to read a thread before adding to the discussion. Had you done that in this case, you would have seen that any discussion of a 2008 bill would be greeted with little sympathy.

Otherwise, welcome. Don't take anything too personally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top