User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/5/2008 6:14:27 PM EDT
Rockn the ozarks

Date: Nov. 29

Time: Long Range 10:00 am
registration for action shoot 11:00 Shoot begins at noon.

18577 hwy K Versailles mo 65084

Entry Fee: Long range- 5.00
              Action shoot 15.00

Long distance will consist of ten shots. five practice and five shots for count. range will be 500 yds you are alowed to shoot from any position. This is a OPEN class.

Action shoot will consist of three stages. Each stage will utilize tactical shotgun, tactical rifle, and Pistol or double action revolver. pistol is to be no smaller than 9mm.
these are timed events with unlimited ammo. If you finish a stage and have a target that has not been hit or you have hit one out of order you will have a 3 second penalty. You must be 18 years or older to compete.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at work during week days 8 am to 5 pm 1-573-372-5684, weeknights and weekends on my cell 573-746-6881, or email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Please pre register if you can that way we can have an idea of how many to expect.

call 573-746-6881 leave a message or email me [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT for more visibility and further details....
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
As of right now ive got 5 long distance shooters going to attend is their any more?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As of right now ive got 5 long distance shooters going to attend is their any more?

Me!  I hopefully will be bringing a friend as well, he usually comes along when I go to a shoot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the long range match steel or paper?   Man, I'd like to bring the DPMS SASS but I'm afraid I'll be way out of my league with it.  I've never shot beyond 100.   Outside of a 225yd gong.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If there isn't a shoot in JC that day, I'll plan on shooting the action and long range shoots.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the long range match steel or paper?   Man, I'd like to bring the DPMS SASS but I'm afraid I'll be way out of my league with it.  I've never shot beyond 100.   Outside of a 225yd gong.  

You will not be outclassed.  The guy that won the last one had not shot his rifle over 200yds.  We figured his trajectory based on his ammo, adjusted his plex reticle scope on his AR-10 and he won.  He was shooting against sharpshooters from the local sheriffs dept.  The range was 500yds.  This is a low key match and is alot of fun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to try to make this.  Hopefully I can make my loads up and zero this weekend to get ready.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  Sounds like a good way to stretch my new SIG 556's legs too :)
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm going to try to make this.  Hopefully I can make my loads up and zero this weekend to get ready.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  Sounds like a good way to stretch my new SIG 556's legs too :)

Do you like your 556 thats what i looked at getting before i got my AR, but i was 200 dolla short
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Paper

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you like your 556 thats what i looked at getting before i got my AR, but i was 200 dolla short

I do.  I've had it out once already and it ran like a sewing machine.  There are aspects I plan to change but overall I like it.  I will have a deposit in on the Classic here shortly.  I'm going to let one of my AR's and a shotgun go to help cover this.

See my comments here
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I plan on bringing my Bohica .50 for Demo and maybe Long range if I get my rounds chrono'd before then.
" />
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
good good
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I plan on bringing my Bohica .50 for Demo and maybe Long range if I get my rounds chrono'd before then.
http://<a href=http://www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1113.JPG</a>" />

Hey man..we're shooting at paper 500 yards away.  Not satellites!

Heh....now watch, we'll show up, and there will be a MIR image on the target.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Im going to try out my new laser guided 416 barrett mwuahahhahahahah
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I did much better with my 30-06 last year.  Probably save the $4 a shot for demo.
Eric, do we need a plastic barrel to fill with water?
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I'm gonna try to make this event with my 'ol lady.  Should only take about an hour and some change at most to get there, if I remember correctly.

Anyone else from Marshfield area going?  I figure we could meet up at the exit 100 taco bell and head out from there, less chance getting lost if several people are heading the same direction.

I don't think I'll be participating this time, since it's my first event in this state.  Just gonna kick back and watch, meet a few fellow ARFCOM'ers, and maybe get motivated enough to shoot in the next one.  Plus all I have at the moment is my AR set up for close-range, and my XD-45.  Shouldn't have sold my Mossy 500a "zombie blaster cannon".

I'm assuming that spectating = free?  Are there any ranges on site for people that aren't competing, but want to blow some rounds off?  That'd be lovely, my very first AR has yet to see a target other than the ones I put up in my yard.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think I'm gonna try to make this event with my 'ol lady.  Should only take about an hour and some change at most to get there, if I remember correctly.

Anyone else from Marshfield area going?  I figure we could meet up at the exit 100 taco bell and head out from there, less chance getting lost if several people are heading the same direction.

I don't think I'll be participating this time, since it's my first event in this state.  Just gonna kick back and watch, meet a few fellow ARFCOM'ers, and maybe get motivated enough to shoot in the next one.  Plus all I have at the moment is my AR set up for close-range, and my XD-45.  Shouldn't have sold my Mossy 500a "zombie blaster cannon".

I'm assuming that spectating = free?  Are there any ranges on site for people that aren't competing, but want to blow some rounds off?  That'd be lovely, my very first AR has yet to see a target other than the ones I put up in my yard.

Get some Heavy field load 12 guage and I will share my 835.  If you are coming, you might as well compete. Target plinking usually comences after the match.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't been to a range since late '04, and I haven't had any practice at all on my new AR other than plinking paper  at 20-25yards on my property.  I'll definitely be down for some practice plinking after the competitions, though, if it's allowed.

That reminds me...will anyone happen to have a borelaser/front sight tool with them at the event, and wouldn't mind sighting my rifle for me?  First AR, so I don't have the tools necessary.  I was planning on ordering tomorrow, but I know they won't be here in time.

Oh, dunnbraggin...I posted some info about this event on my local car forum(417racing.com) to catch the attention of some gun guys on there, hopefully you don't mind...if you do, lemme know and I can take the post down.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If there isn't a shoot in JC that day, I'll plan on shooting the action and long range shoots.

I think that got cancelled. I may ride down with you. Have to get the OK from the wife.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#21]
If you guys know Allan from Jeff that does the pistol shoots on Thursdays, Please let him know.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I haven't been to a range since late '04, and I haven't had any practice at all on my new AR other than plinking paper  at 20-25yards on my property.  I'll definitely be down for some practice plinking after the competitions, though, if it's allowed.

That reminds me...will anyone happen to have a borelaser/front sight tool with them at the event, and wouldn't mind sighting my rifle for me?  First AR, so I don't have the tools necessary.  I was planning on ordering tomorrow, but I know they won't be here in time.

Oh, dunnbraggin...I posted some info about this event on my local car forum(417racing.com) to catch the attention of some gun guys on there, hopefully you don't mind...if you do, lemme know and I can take the post down.

You can boresight pretty easy by eye if you just need to get on paper.  I have done it many times at 25 to 50 yards.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get some Heavy field load 12 guage and I will share my 835.  If you are coming, you might as well compete. Target plinking usually comences after the match.

All I have for a shotgun is an old pump 20ga my mom used to use.  I have #6 shot for it.  Will that work?
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#24]
We have any round counts?  Or did I just read over them.  

Polytech
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Polytech

Should be posted tonight.  So far, 25 shotgun..... Birdshot #4 or smaller lead.  No slugs or steel shot.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Polytech

Should be posted tonight.  So far, 25 shotgun..... Birdshot #4 or smaller lead.  No slugs or steel shot.

YES!  Finally I can burn up some of the #4 shot I bought way back for another match.....yay!
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have shotgun for you to borrow if you need it. I wont have time to shoot. All ar targets are no farther that 35 40 yards and the spectating is free Unless you want to donate to the cause
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Man this sucks, I'm taking my wife to Trans-Siberian Orchestra that night, and I have never been to a 3-gun.

Is this going to happen again?, Such a dilema....and the tickets were, oh so expensive...Is there a 3 gun coach around?

Sorry for the rambling
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have shotgun for you to borrow if you need it. I wont have time to shoot. All ar targets are no farther that 35 40 yards and the spectating is free Unless you want to donate to the cause

All rifle targets are within that range?  Sweet, I've been wanting to shoot my AK at a match...I think I'll bring it instead of my A2...
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Man this sucks, I'm taking my wife to Trans-Siberian Orchestra that night, and I have never been to a 3-gun.

Is this going to happen again?, Such a dilema....and the tickets were, oh so expensive...Is there a 3 gun coach around?

Sorry for the rambling

Trans Siberian w/Metallica would be awesome! to bad no metallica fo you on the other hand any time you want to practice let me know and we can get something together for ya.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#31]
ROUND COUNT

STAGE ONE
SHOTGUN: 11 start out with full mag. remember last shotgun popper will have a clay that will fly up after you knock it down so make sure you have two rounds in the gun.

PISTOL:16rnds

STAGE2
16 RIFLE Rnds we brought back the ever popular jungle walk stage. Double tap each target

Stage 3
SHOTGUN:6

PISTOL:9

RIFLE 20

You can use buckshot or slugs if you like BUT it is HARD to hit a clay with a slug. Absolutly no steel shot for ricoshets. These round totals are give or take a few so bring plenty of ammo. Also you can shoot after the match to practice as long as there is plenty of lighting.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Just ran through every thing tonite(it's at my place), 3rd stage is a blast,the 10 rifle targets(dbl tap) from an evavated platform is the best, the jungle walk is a little more like after a large bomb, being all the leaves are gone and the aftermath of last years ice storm with trees down.

We're also hoping to have a "man down" (dummy) drag in part of a stage while shooting, still needing a dummy, or vollunteer
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you guys know Allan from Jeff that does the pistol shoots on Thursdays, Please let him know.
Thanks

He knows and will be there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Also, can someone give me good directions to this place? Im coming from Jeff City. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Physical address is , 18577 Hwy K Versailles Mo. 65084  ,If you want to GPS it,although most times it will put you about 1 mile east of our actual location.

The best way from Jeff city is  Hwy 54 South to Ellis Blvd & C exit , take Hwy C West approx,32 miles to Hwy E, Hwy E 3 miles North to Hwy K, Hwy K 1 mile East on right

Also go to  www.toothandnailracing.com there is a map on my site , should get you here
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Smack dab in the middle of DUTCHIE TOWN
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Roll call troops!  Who's going?
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm hoping to make it out there.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather for that day, it's going back and forth between cloudy/rainy and clear/sunny...so I guess we won't really know until then.  Stupid weather channel.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Roll call troops!  Who's going?

In.  In for the Long Range shoot as well.  I'll be bring my motorcycle rain suit in case the weather goes south.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Ill be there
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#41]
In for the Long Range and 3 gun....
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#42]
3 Gun and Long Range.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#43]
To everyone that shows up and competes gets a extended charching handle latch for your ar compliments of Power Custom.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
To everyone that shows up and competes gets a extended charching handle latch for your ar compliments of Power Custom.

Sweet.....

Link Posted: 11/25/2008 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hm, I may just have to compete in the long range then.  Hopefully my father will let me steal his Remington 700 / 30.06 for the day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Very cool!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 6:15:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wow, That was unexpected.   Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#48]
FYI

Last Rockn the ozarks some of the range oficers shot the match and i scored them with everyone else. That was my fault this time range oficers that shoot the match will not count and they will be required to keep their own score.

Link Posted: 11/26/2008 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be there and will be bringing a couple guys from work....See you there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Who wants to meet for breakfast in Sedalia on the way down?  Perkins, Dennys and Golden Coral are available.  Is ToothlessRooster going to make it?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top