Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/5/2010 9:37:36 AM EDT
Back many moons ago, I went to one, I think it was close to Piedmont. They were also having them in Decatur somewhere. Does anybody know if they are still having them and where I could find some info. I would like to go again
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
look on subguns.com   under shooting events
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Darn it, looks like I just missed it
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The one in Decatur, or at swan creek, is usually sometimes done by Tony Gooch's people aka Precision Defense Systems Inc usually likes to do a MG shoot once a year out there.

Normally it occurs the first saturday when the range re-opens after the waterfowl season.

Link Posted: 12/6/2010 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
When Swan Creek is open- I am out there every Sunday.  It is like a Machine Gun shoot every weekend!  Have some Post Sample MGs.

Full Size UZI- 9mm
HK G36C- 5.56mm
HK MP5-SD in 9mm
Select fire G19-9mm
Soon-
A few HK 416s in 5.56, 300 AAC BLACKOUT, and 22LR
MP5K-N in 9mm
MP7A1 in 4.6x30
UMP45

Plus a few more that I am working on getting in, namely a Beretta 93R.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The one in Decatur, or at swan creek, is usually sometimes done by Tony Gooch's people aka Precision Defense Systems Inc usually likes to do a MG shoot once a year out there.

Normally it occurs the first saturday when the range re-opens after the waterfowl season.

fun shoot but steer clear of the company.

the gooch stiffed me for 250.00 worth of product and he has done the same to a few others. his son took over the company and offered to make it good, he fucked up the paperwork and i never got another word from him.

Was just gonna ask about Precision Defense Systems as I heard an ad on the radio. Now I won't bother.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the gooch stiffed me for 250.00 worth of product and he has done the same to a few others. his son took over the company and offered to make it good, he fucked up the paperwork and i never got another word from him.

Was just gonna ask about Precision Defense Systems as I heard an ad on the radio. Now I won't bother.

If you are interested in NFA toys try Silent Industries in Madison.  Had nothing but good service from them.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you are interested in NFA toys try Silent Industries in Madison.  Had nothing but good service from them.

FYI torozmaster is the owner of Silent Industries and he posted above that he is out there on most sunday afternoons.  I'm usually busy and haven't been out there with him yet, but have bought a silencer from him and he is good to deal with.  If you want to find out for sure if he will be out there on a sunday, give him a call the day before.

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I may have to come and see one Sunday Do they allow 50BMG there and what kind of ranges they have there?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I may have to come and see one Sunday Do they allow 50BMG there and what kind of ranges they have there?

Yes they allow 50BMG.  Pretty much if it is legal to own they allow it.  I don't remember the distances but I think they have a 25yd, 50yd and 100yd with covered benches and a 100yd uncovered with benches.  Keep in mind that it is pretty much public and you will see some people out there, especially when it is busy.  The range is currently closed until sometime in January.

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Information on the Swan Creek Range:
They have 4 ranges side by side, going from right to left, they are 25 yards covered, 50 yards covered, 100 yards covered, 100 yards uncovered.  Reversed L shape ranges, with berms betwen ranges about 15 feet high and the impact berm about 15-20 feet high.
Google Map Bird Eye's view of the range

Requirement to use the range: Ages between 16 and 65(or 60 something), require a Hunting License, Fishing License, Wildlife Heritage License, or Swan Creek Managment Permit.  If you don't have one of the permits or licenses and they check, it will be a $150 or $200 fine, I forget which but I have been checked (one time of the 20 times I have gone out there) and I asked what the fine would be if I didn't have my License.
Weapon Rules: Any legally owned firearm, so MG, 50 BMG etc.. are all good to go.
Targets: Paper only, no cans, plastic bottles etc...  The correct way is a paper target affixed to a cardboard backing, now last time I was out there the ranger/warden was being retarded and saying that the entire target had to be made of paper including the stand, but eventually a lot of people bitched at him how stupid that was.  There was some special press event going on that day and they spent the week prior cleaning up the range and had 4-5 flat tires on their law mower, caused from debris of shot up wood plastic etc...

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys for the info, I will swing by first pretty Sunday afternoon after the duck season, I will be the one with a little accent Some of you must know me
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

250? Thats it? I got stiffed for over $2000, May have to take him to court if he doesnt pay up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

250? Thats it? I got stiffed for over $2000, May have to take him to court if he doesnt pay up.

Had a guy come in Friday- he just got a full refund from PDS including the Tax Stamp......  CASH!
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, my order and tax stamps are over 2 yrs old and he didnt legally transfer them when i picked 1 of 3 that were ready, that never worked. he never filled out form 4473, call ATF asked if it needed to be filled out, they told me yes. got all the paperwork saying it did. and he didnt want to hear anything about it. He said he is right, he has been doing it for 17 yrs or something.

Had a guy come in Friday- he just got a full refund from PDS including the Tax Stamp......  CASH!

yeah, mine were for 3 NFA items over 2 yrs ago that i never received in working condition and he never filled out a 4473 for me, making it illegal. confirmed it with ATF, told tony and he wouldnt hear it. he insisted that he is right no matter what atf says. i still have 0 of 3 silencers in working condition.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Mark your calendars!  Sunday 6 February 2011- Swan Creek WMA. 3pm

Machine gun shooting!!!

We will be out there with some toys.

I will have the following guns there.  Might convince some other guys to bring some stuff out too!

22LR:
Walther P22 Suppressed
Remington 597 Suppressed

9mm:
H&K MP5-SD  
UZI- with SWR Trident9 suppressor
Glock 19- select fire and suppressor host
H&K USP9- suppressor host
Silencerco 9Osprey suppressor
SWR Trident9 suppressor

45 ACP:
Smith and Wesson M&P 45 with Silencerco 45Osprey

5.56:
H&K G36C with AAC M4-2000 suppressor
H&K 416D 10.4" upper

7.62:
Remington 700 AAC-SD with AAC Cyclone
H&K 416D with AAC 300BLK 9" upper with AAC 762-SD

***NO RELOADS***  Also the G36C is racist- it will not feed PMC ammo.  

No Wolf either!  Federal/Remington/ATK family/Winchester etc. are good to go!

For 9mm- anything 147 gr+ is subsonic.  45- anything 230 gr is subsonic.  

Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Did Swan Creek open back up this week?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Opens 1 Feb 2011!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Awesome Toroz, as I understand it you handle suppressors. I have been wanting to get into the NFA game starting with a .22. But I have never had an opportunity to hear the difference one would make compared to stock. Seems you are bringing quite a few suppressed items.

Might be able to do a little business once I hear them personally.

Thanks for offering this opportunity up on arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Awesome Toroz, as I understand it you handle suppressors. I have been wanting to get into the NFA game starting with a .22. But I have never had an opportunity to hear the difference one would make compared to stock. Seems you are bringing quite a few suppressed items.

Thanks for offering this opportunity up on arfcom.

Got my Sparrow from him......  Awesome little toy!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I can't recommend torozmaster enough, you won't find a better guy to deal with or better pricing. You will be impressed with how quiet a suppressed 22 is, watch out though tax stamp collecting is addictive!

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't recommend torozmaster enough, you won't find a better guy to deal with or better pricing. You will be impressed with how quiet a suppressed 22 is, watch out though tax stamp collecting is addictive!

He speaks the truth!

I took my Sig Mosquito and Silencerco Sparrow to Larry's today.  Since I had to wear ear pro I could not really appreciate the sound reduction but all I could hear was the gun's action and the bullet hitting the backstop.............  I agree with TBS that the .22 suppressor is my favorite thing to shoot.  Hours of enjoyment............

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Bump for getting the shoot up top!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mark your calendars!  Sunday 6 February 2011- Swan Creek WMA. 3pm

Machine gun shooting!!!

9mm:
H&K MP5-SD  
UZI- with SWR Trident9 suppressor
Glock 19- select fire and suppressor host

I would love to shoot those 3, could you post the mag sizes you have for each?  If I do get out there I want to make sure I bring enough 9mm to shoot a full mag out of each

I am going to try to get out there sunday afternoon, but it's still up in the air.  Plus I'll already be going out there on saturday.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Have 30 rd mags for the MP5
33 Rd for the Glock
32 Rd for the UZI
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Reminder- Tomorrow.... MGs!!!!!!!! 3pm
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Getting ready to head that way in a few hours, should be a good time!

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Reminder- Tomorrow.... MGs!!!!!!!! 3pm

I'll be heading out there too, picked up 100 rounds of 9mm and going to bring some XM193 5.56mm too, oh and for the walther I loaded up some mags to shoot.

It will be a lot better today than yesterday when I was freazing my ass off out there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Man I missed the mg shoot by one day!!!!!!!  Just found this section. That sucks!!!  So another year before another one? Toroz, how much do you charge for a suppressor transfer? Are you familiar with setting up a trust? I'm about to start the process probably on Tues on a yhm 7.62 ss qd.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Man I missed the mg shoot by one day!!!!!!!  Just found this section. That sucks!!!  So another year before another one?
I believe he goes out there every sunday

Toroz, how much do you charge for a suppressor transfer? Believe he charges $75 (which is the normal for most class 3 dealers) unless you buy it from him, he has a lot of AAC stuff in stock.

Are you familiar with setting up a trust? He is familiar with it but he will refer you to a local lawyer that he knows that has done several for his customers.

I'm about to start the process probably on Tues on a yhm 7.62 ss qd.

My answers in red

Yesterday was a lot of fun, the HK 416 was sweet, warning it will give you a head ache from the concussion blast from the short 10.4" barrel. The glock 19 was a lot of fun too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the info!  I'm gonna do the trust myself as the lawyers charge out the butt and i've done ALOT of online research about it, pretty simple, but I might have to ask a few small detail questions if I can't remember some of it. I can just go back online if need be. He doesn't deal in yhm I don't think huh? I can't afford any AAC stuff....
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info!  I'm gonna do the trust myself as the lawyers charge out the butt and i've done ALOT of online research about it, pretty simple, but I might have to ask a few small detail questions if I can't remember some of it. I can just go back online if need be. He doesn't deal in yhm I don't think huh? I can't afford any AAC stuff....

Call him.  You might be surprised at his prices.  

Also, there is a Trust Template posted HERE.....

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#36]
thanks Orion. I'm gonna give him a call tomorrow to see what he can do for me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When Swan Creek is open- I am out there every Sunday.  It is like a Machine Gun shoot every weekend!  Have some Post Sample MGs.

Full Size UZI- 9mm
HK G36C- 5.56mm
HK MP5-SD in 9mm
Select fire G19-9mm
Soon-
A few HK 416s in 5.56, 300 AAC BLACKOUT, and 22LR
MP5K-N in 9mm
MP7A1 in 4.6x30
UMP45

Plus a few more that I am working on getting in, namely a Beretta 93R.

Bump he might be out there today.

Link Posted: 2/13/2011 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Think the range is closed for the Youth Duck hunting weekend.  Next week for sure!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Think the range is closed for the Youth Duck hunting weekend.  Next week for sure!!!

Just looked that up it probably was closed this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Made it out there yesterday and had a hell of a time with the mp5-sd, hk416 (damn I loved that thing), and the select- fire g19
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#41]
yeah that HK416 is sweet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll have to do it again sometime...... Maybe next time I'll share.......... lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Will they let people shoot their suppressed guns or what? How much is it to shoot at Swan Creek? I'm about to start reloading for 5.56 and .40 so I'm gonna be shooting alot soon. Do they allow .50 BMG?
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Will they let people shoot their suppressed guns or what? Just to be clear do you mean shoot suppressed guns or to shoot the dealer samples when he is out there?  If he's out there and you have the ammo for it, just be nice and ask them if you can try it out.

How much is it to shoot at Swan Creek? It's a public range on a Wildlife Managment Area, (requies you possess one of the following: Swan Creek WMA permit, AL Hunting License, AL Wildlife Heritage license, or i've heard an AL Fishing license)

I'm about to start reloading for 5.56 and .40 so I'm gonna be shooting alot soon.

Do they allow .50 BMG? Rules are ANY legally owned firearms.  The only restriction they have is no metal targets, they want paper/cardboard.

my answers are in RED
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Or be a good guy and purchase something from him and then you bypass the awkward moment of asking to shoot a strangers guns............  His buddy was nice enough to let me shoot is sbs double barrel 20g....   Also he wants you to use factory loaded ammo NO reloads.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Or be a good guy and purchase something from him and then you bypass the awkward moment of asking to shoot a strangers guns............  His buddy was nice enough to let me shoot is sbs double barrel 20g....   Also he wants you to use factory loaded ammo NO reloads.....

And no steel case (wolf, tula, etc).

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the info!  I'm gonna get a suppressor and gonna talk to Malcolm. Just gotta catch up on some funds first.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info!  I'm gonna get a suppressor and gonna talk to Malcolm. Just gotta catch up on some funds first.

You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with Silent Industries.  Malcolm is a great dealer and a pretty damn good guy as well.  No one else has handed me a select fire G19 and said "enjoy"........................

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Guys,

I will be out of pocket this Sunday and next Sunday.  Hope to see you the 13th.

Thanks,
Malcolm
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Can't wait to make it to swan creek sometime before long. Does a fishing license work to shoot there? I can't remember, seems like somebody told me that would work. Can't wait to talk to Malcolm bout some suppressors.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top