Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 6:03:02 PM EDT
...of AR owners / shooters in south Alabama/SE Mississippi and NW Florida?
Either an extension of ARRIGHT or a informal group?  
Ideas?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
if we can help out any let us know!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...of AR owners / shooters in south Alabama/SE Mississippi and NW Florida?
Either an extension of ARRIGHT or a informal group?  
Ideas?

Yes.  I always work Saturdays but Sundays and Mondays are free.  I'm in NW Florida,  the Lake City shoots sound great, but it's about 5hrs away.  Something a little closer would be great.  Maybe Mobile or something in southern Alabama.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, let's talk it up to every AR15 owner/shooter we encounter at the shows, the shops and the shoots.  Arright is a great group but it's headquartered in the Cen/North part of the state.
We need to get something going down this way.
Heck, invite the HK and FAL guys...(sheeessss, don't tell the AK guys, tho...)
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
if you guys want to start a southern chapter yo can be covered under our CMP affiliation. That way you will not have to go through the application process for a new group.

mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
if you guys want to start a southern chapter yo can be covered under our CMP affiliation. That way you will not have to go through the application process for a new group.

mike

Thanks, Mike.  I think that would be the best way to go personally.  It would allow the CMP affiliation and also would help ARRIGHT to increase both membership and exposure.
Beach
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Also, there is a "Fun" show in a couple of weeks in Mobile. Maybe we an try and get together on Sunday afternoon to introduce ourselves and discuss this further?  Reply here or IM or email me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Mobile Alabama: Abba Shrine - Abba Shrine Auditorium - Jan 11-12 2003 251-666-8834
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Beachboy,

I just posted a note over at the arright site about a merger of groups. Just to give my guys a heads up and per our bylaws a say in the plans. I am all for it and beleive most if not all of them will be as well. Let me know what you guys decide to do.

Just for the record.... Our CMP dues are 2.00 per year per member and we do require membership in a progun organization <nra,goa..etc.> We prefer the money go to those folks than line our pockets.

If you guys come in with us would you be willing to head up the chapter down there? Also maybe we could schedule a north-south Shoot out sometime in the near future!

mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Mike,

I just went and voted at AR'RIGHT (guess which way I voted?) and I will let you know what develops on this end of the state.  If it does come together, yes I'd be glad to head it up, at least to start with and I think a North/South shoot would be a great idea!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I personally think it's a good idea. And maybe AR'RIGHT will be huge success.

Mona
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#12]
looks like you guys are in if you want! email or im me a phone number when you guys decide and we can hash out the details.

mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#13]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Okay, let's talk it up to every AR15 owner/shooter we encounter at the shows, the shops and the shoots.  Arright is a great group but it's headquartered in the Cen/North part of the state.

It might be a good idea to put up some kind of info sheet about the group at any gun shop and range that will let you.  A nice graphic at the top to catch the eye with contact info and benefits of belonging to the group.

USPC40

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
{snip}

Awww hell.  Now what do I do?  Got an AR, a FAL, and an AK.  Which 1/3 of me has to stay home?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#16]
 Bring what ya got and shoot what ya don't...

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
{snip}

Awww hell.  Now what do I do?  Got an AR, a FAL, and an AK.  Which 1/3 of me has to stay home?

NO dude, bring all of you....we're gonna need your connections with Mobile Shooting Center when we look for a range for shoots....Mr Webmaster
Link Posted: 1/13/2003 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]
so what did you guys decide?

mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2003 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately no one was able to meet with me at the show.  I plan to contact all who had expressed an interest and suggest that they contact you directly or through the AR'RIGHT Yahoo group and join.  Maybe there will be adittional interest in the spring and we'll see at that time about a coastal chapter.

Beachboy
Link Posted: 1/14/2003 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#20]
ahhhh, the joys of fatherhood.  Someone had to stay at home to watch the 10 month old while the wife took the 5 year old to UpChuck E Cheese for some classmate's birthday party.  I want to get this going.  Also want to get CMP related info.  Whatever I can do as far as the range goes, I'll try, but I'm just a lowly Webbastard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top