Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2015 6:24:10 PM EDT
I have been seeing these Michiana annual meeting threads for a couple years now. I believe its time for a Southern Indiana annual meeting.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Too far to drive.

I'm in Michiana
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Same or I would come up there? So that is why I figured we should do a southern in or kentuckiana meeting
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep trying.  Is there a specific area /region you're located at, or think would be a good place to  meet at?  Pick a town, and let's see what  how many are nearby.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I mean I am pretty much an hour south of Indy and an hour north of Louisville. I am open to suggestions for a location.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like we tried this 2 years ago maybe? Lots of interest no follow through
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
There was an Arfcom shoot back in 2009 near Scottsburg (approx. 30 miles North of Louisville).
Lots of fun. I don't think there's been one since.

2009 Arfcom shoot

There are actually quite a few locals who are members here. Some more active than others, but I'm sure you could generate some interest.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was an Arfcom shoot back in 2009 near Scottsburg (approx. 30 miles North of Louisville).
Lots of fun. I don't think there's been one since.

2009 Arfcom shoot

There are actually quite a few locals who are members here. Some more active than others, but I'm sure you could generate some interest.
View Quote

Ya that sounds cool. Even if we couldnt find a place to shoot, I would still be down to meet up eat, shoot the shit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to do a shoot on my hunting lease down by French Lick. If anyone would be interested we should set something up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I would make it if work does not interfere. I am on night shift and work a lot of weekends. I have made a few of the Kentucky shoots at Knob Creek. They are great. However they were better when we were able to blow up stuff. Go to the KHTF and look at previous pics. I am in Corydon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Cyb and I tried to do one here in Brazil, by Terre Haute, last year. Couldn't get a set date on when the majority of people could attend. Then when we found a few dates that worked the local range all ready had those days booked up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd like to do a shoot on my hunting lease down by French Lick. If anyone would be interested we should set something up.
View Quote

Sounds like you have the place.  

Honestly though, it does not matter to me where we meet as long as it works for most people.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Honestly though, it does not matter to me where we meet as long as it works for most people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count me in. Let us know what we can do to help out
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to the land owner about doing it last time I was down there during gun season. He didn't have any problem with it, he just wanted everyone attending to sign a waiver , buy him some beer for using his land and clean up our mess. He said he would probably be able to come up with some good targets for us too. We just need to figure out when we want to do it. Late spring/early summer would be ideal for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I talked to the land owner about doing it last time I was down there during gun season. He didn't have any problem with it, he just wanted everyone attending to sign a waiver , buy him some beer for using his land and clean up our mess. He said he would probably be able to come up with some good targets for us too. We just need to figure out when we want to do it. Late spring/early summer would be ideal for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your lease, your date.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah once you set the date, I think we will have a better idea of who can attend. It should work for me as I hopefully will have all my crops planted early
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking around June. I'm open to any input on it if that's not going to work for anyone. It has to be after turkey season though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be interested.  I would need to schedule a vacation day as my regular work days are the weekends.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That will make the West Baden French Lick town board "happy". They have taken a very anti gun stance in the valley after running out the Homestead coffee shop because its waitresses had pistols on their hips. I haven't spent a penny in the valley since December because of those idiots.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd be interested, little bit of a drive but I'm down for it. Would really like to meet some of you guys.
Are 13er's allowed?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd be interested, little bit of a drive but I'm down for it. Would really like to meet some of you guys.
Are 13er's allowed?
View Quote

Shoot Im a 13er,
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That will make the West Baden French Lick town board "happy". They have taken a very anti gun stance in the valley after running out the Homestead coffee shop because its waitresses had pistols on their hips. I haven't spent a penny in the valley since December because of those idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love to be a thorn in the side of anti's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:03:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Hope this doesn't die off like we tried last year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think as it gets closer to spring we can hopefully get a solid date, which should help.
But, if for some reason it falls through. I'll hold one here on my farm or at the local range here in Columbus.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think as it gets closer to spring we can hopefully get a solid date, which should help.
But, if for some reason it falls through. I'll hold one here on my farm or at the local range here in Columbus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't really bother me where for the most part I just have to know weeks in advance to get off work.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope it works out so I can make it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of range is in Columbus? My girlfriend has family there and I find myself up there a few times a year.

French Lick would be nice seeing how that's where I hang my hat.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What kind of range is in Columbus? My girlfriend has family there and I find myself up there a few times a year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not huge but its at Ceraland, they have like a 100, 50, and 25 yard setup. It costs two bucks to get in and five bucks to use the range. Range is free on tuesdays and thursdays from 11am to 3 pm.  Everytime I go its empty, but lotsa brass to pick up

linkage
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank ya sir
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I am interested.  About 20 min East of Columbus.   I can bring some rifle steel flash targets but only if we have at least 200 yards because m193 is hard on steel at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I can probably bring some ar500 targets as well. Buddy of mine makes them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm thinking around June. I'm open to any input on it if that's not going to work for anyone. It has to be after turkey season though.
View Quote

Looks like turkey season is over May 10.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm down. Live in Madison, but French Lick would be fine for me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I talked to the land owner a couple days ago and everything is good to go for shooting there. We just need to set a date. I was thinking either the first or second weekend of June. Anybody else have any input on this?

He also said he may be able to get us a house trailer to shoot up, but we have to clean up the mess.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I talked to the land owner a couple days ago and everything is good to go for shooting there. We just need to set a date. I was thinking either the first or second weekend of June. Anybody else have any input on this?

He also said he may be able to get us a house trailer to shoot up, but we have to clean up the mess.
View Quote

I am good for any time will just need the powers to be to pick a good date so I can request off work. Are we looking at a day long shoot? Like early morning (8-10)into evening or more of a early afternoon (1-3) to evening?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am good for any time will just need the powers to be to pick a good date so I can request off work. Are we looking at a day long shoot? Like early morning (8-10)into evening or more of a early afternoon (1-3) to evening?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say early afternoon to evening.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#38]
June is fine for me. Afternoon or evening is fine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Carpool?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:40:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say if you set a time that you can do it, being that it would be at your place, we could gauge interest better if there was a set date.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Carpool?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carpool?

Si.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I am working a lot of 6 and 7 day weeks but will try to make it if I can. Being a resent transplant, I would like to meet some fellow shooters.
Corydon here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

killed that turkey yet?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

killed that turkey yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

killed that turkey yet?

I don't turkey hunt.

The first weekend in June works for me. Everyone else let me know how it works for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't turkey hunt.

The first weekend in June works for me. Everyone else let me know how it works for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

killed that turkey yet?

I don't turkey hunt.

The 6th works for me, the 7th not at all.

INGO
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#46]
should be fine with me
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#47]
June 6 & 7 I'll be training with Steve Tarani at Boone County. Any other time in June (Except fathers day) would be ok for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't turkey hunt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

killed that turkey yet?

I don't turkey hunt.

Any of the weekends is good for me just need a set date so I can request off work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#49]
ost
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, if it's going to work for everyone then Saturday June 6th it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top