Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 8:53:30 AM EDT
I have not been to a gun show in Indiana for 5-6 years and during that time I had heard from my friends that frequent them that there are almost no good deals on ammo to be found. There's a decent sized show tomarow in Lafiette(sp) and was wondering if anyone has any input in the likely hood of a good ammo deal or two might be had there. Am looking to buy 1000 rounds of 5.56. Best price on net I found was around $330/1000.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I highly doubt you will beat online prices
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen a few decent prices at my big local show but the downside is a lot of the guys around here charge either more for using a CC or an extra 3% for using plastic. Otherwise the prices are either average or close enough to average that I would rather support my local shop(s) versus some guy who I'll see once every 3 months.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
local gun shop got in cases of Wolf 556 brass 55grn. Was under that. Best bet is AIM. Freedom has some good specials on shipping or discount which makes them right at .30 cents ppr. Steel is going for roughly .25 ppr while brass is holding at .33ppr. Just look for a deal on shipping.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. The gun show in question is at least 2hrs 1 way from my home so gas cost must factor into my purchase. I was hoping if I could find good quality bulk brass cased relodable 5.56 ammo for around $325/1000 and I would by 3000 rounds with gas cost, it would be basically a brake even deal VS buying over the net and I would have the ammo now VS waiting for a delivery. I just didn't wish to invest $40-$45 in gas to find out.

No one I know of near my home has even close to net prices on 5.56 ammo. Average I found for decent to good quality brass cased 5.56 was at or over .35 a round and that was for PMC Bronz ammo. Federal's American Eagle I can find fro arround 33-35c a round on the net, but its .50c or more OTC everywhere I've been locally.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. The gun show in question is at least 2hrs 1 way from my home so gas cost must factor into my purchase. I was hoping if I could find good quality bulk brass cased relodable 5.56 ammo for around $325/1000 and I would by 3000 rounds with gas cost, it would be basically a brake even deal VS buying over the net and I would have the ammo now VS waiting for a delivery. I just didn't wish to invest $40-$45 in gas to find out.

No one I know of near my home has even close to net prices on 5.56 ammo. Average I found for decent to good quality brass cased 5.56 was at or over .35 a round and that was for PMC Bronz ammo. Federal's American Eagle I can find fro arround 33-35c a round on the net, but its .50c or more OTC everywhere I've been locally.
View Quote

Where are you located?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya, you have to add  your gas cost, admission price, parking (maybe) CC vs. cash price and such.  Online purchases generally include CC fees, as it's understood that's how you will be paying.  Shipping varies wildly by the company and the option you select.  Ammoseek is the place I look first but I've got my top 3 suppliers for each of my rounds in question, and they have been delivering consistently good deals.  So much in fact, that I'm having a hard time justifying the big investment in reloading.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Olycar15, I'm located in NW Indiana.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top