Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2015 7:31:31 AM EDT
I live in south central PA and looking for safe dealer.  Anyone have any experiences?  Hoping to find a dealer that actually has some in stock.  I noticed he sells Graffunder which from what I have read is pretty expensive.  He also carries another line called Superior Safes;  I am not familiar with them and reviews are slim when compared to AMSEC, Fort Knox, Liberty, and Sturdy. The basic specs on the Superior Gun Safes look good. Any help or other recommendations is appreciated.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my first Superior safe from them a few years back at a gun show.  All the employees I met are awesome.  Would buy again without a second thought.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip.  I did visit the store yesterday.  He appears very knowledgeable and his prices on Summit Safes were as good as any online and included shipping and installation.  The Superior Safes were also nice.  All of his safes were plate doors even the ones at lower price points.  If you live in the South Central PA including points as far west as Bedford County PA, I would recommend giving Thompson a call.  On a side note all of the Summit Safes that were on display were made with external hinges.  The images on Thompson's website show Summits with internal hinges... apparently that has been changed.  I don't know a lot about safes but the Summit I am looking at appeared to match the Liberty National Security Line in everything except price...the Summit is at much better price point. A similar Liberty is about 800 more and that does not include the installation which from a local Liberty dealer in my area was going to add no less than 600 more dollars.  

I am still not sure what safe I am buying but it has been narrowed down to the Summit Rainier 6440, AMSEC BF7240, and the Sturdy Model 4227-6.  If it comes down to installation and price, Summit is going to win.  I believe the AMSEC my be a better overall safe and the Sturdy may have the edge on the Summit in some construction but not enough to justify the price difference and installation headaches.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top