Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2003 9:18:54 PM EDT
Come one come all!
Yet again another year of my life has flew by and I want to celebrate with a get together!
I will be 24 on March 25th and I invite all of you to the Elk Neck Shooting range to participate in my "Bumpfire Birthday Blast!" (kinda catchy isn't it?)

I would like to have it on Sunday, March 23rd at 11am. But if most of you feel Saturday would be better than so be it.

I know what your asking yourself.."For such a great guy and such a great Moderator, I just don't know what to get him"  But please refrain from buying me that Barret semi-auto .50cal!

You presence is the best present to bring!

Here is a map:

Please post here or e-mail me if you plan on coming.

Thank you!

Link Posted: 2/26/2003 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah, I now have 3 extra target stands, so let me know if you need me to bring one for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2003 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I look at it as being just another day older.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, in advance.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2003 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good enough excuse to me!!  I'll try to make it but don't know right now.  Have a newborn at home does make demands of the free time.  I might be able to get out for the afternoon, though.

I take it its the place you all went to earlier this month.
Link Posted: 2/27/2003 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good enough excuse to me!!  I'll try to make it but don't know right now.  Have a newborn at home does make demands of the free time.  I might be able to get out for the afternoon, though.

I take it its the place you all went to earlier this month.

Congrats on the new little one in your life!! I cant wait till I have kids of my own. Knowing that you have your hands full I bet you do need a Sunday getaway with the guns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2003 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds Great!! I'll bring a extra target stand myself if some one needs one.
Great Gun Show at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg that week end. Pick up a tons of ammo Saturday, shoot all day Sunday.
MIKE
Link Posted: 3/1/2003 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Less than a month to go.Ill be there as long as its kept on Sun. Now if we can only keep the ranger from coming around again. Look forward to seeing the crew again. M4 thanks for the offer on the target stand. I'm going to try and get some milk jugs and other reactive targets.
Maybe bring soda and hotdogs? Can anyone think of anything else we my need?
I'll be sure to bring a walker for M4 being thats hes so old now.
I was going to try and brown nose with the buy a Barret, by you foiled my plans.
LOL
I think Ill have to go by an AK before I come though. I'm almost done my home-made 9mm maybe that will come along too.
Look forward to seing everyone.
Later,
Sean
PS Ill bring name tags for everyone, so we dont get confused.
Link Posted: 3/2/2003 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Mmmmmmm....hotdogs and burgers sounds like a great idea!!  Nothing worse than shooting on an empty stomach.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2003 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mmmmmmm....hotdogs and burgers sounds like a great idea!!

That would be cool, or go somehere afterwards  for a drink and some eats. If we have a cookout, spare the beef for me. I'll bring my veggie burgers to grill!

But I dont mind being around the burger smell, although it will test my willpower!

Link Posted: 3/4/2003 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm there! This sounds fun. I'll bring charcoal if someone else can bring a grill. I'll bring hot dog buns,condiments, and my tape worm! I think the ranger knows better than to stick around too long. Last time he high tailed it outta there pretty quick, though someone said it was to get reinforcements. M4, bring your drum mag please. I need more practice bump firing. That was a blast last time. Hey Ugh, if you're out there, I'll try and bring targets and tape this time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2003 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Hope I can make this one!!!

--LS
Link Posted: 3/5/2003 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think the ranger knows better than to stick around too long. Last time he high tailed it outta there pretty quick, though someone said it was to get reinforcements.

Yeah, I had my M4_Aiming_at_Him

M4, bring your drum mag please.

Ok I will, Do you need any AK 40 round mags? I am ordering some tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2003 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Can ya get any AR mags??  I was also thinking I have a bunch of old telephone books.  They're pretty good if they're soaked and tied shut.
Link Posted: 3/7/2003 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can ya get any AR mags??  

What and how many are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/9/2003 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I'd like 30 rounders and about 6 I guess...can you ever have enough??
Link Posted: 3/10/2003 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well I'd like 30 rounders and about 6 I guess...can you ever have enough??

I'll see what I can do, what do you want to pay for the 6?
Link Posted: 3/11/2003 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Depending on the condition I guess $50-$60 seems to be the going rate.  Is that fair?
Link Posted: 3/11/2003 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Depending on the condition I guess $50-$60 seems to be the going rate.  Is that fair?

For 90% +/- condition mags that only about $10 per mag. Thats a little on the cheap side. But let me see what els eI can come up with.

What condition do you prefer?
Link Posted: 3/11/2003 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For 90% +/- condition mags that only about $10 per mag. Thats a little on the cheap side. But let me see what els eI can come up with.

What condition do you prefer?

Whatever, so long as they work.  I'm not in it for looks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2003 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]
It looks like the only mags i have to seel are above 85%. What would you want to pay for those?
Link Posted: 3/13/2003 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Map added
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice map M4
You still goin to the show Sat.?
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nice map M4
You still goin to the show Sat.?

You are a hard guy to please! LOL
But do you think the map is accurate?

Yes I will be at the show tomorrow. I'll try to get there by 1:30
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Which show are you all going to?
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Which show are you all going to?

The one this weekend at the Timounium Fair Grounds. I posted info about it in the gunshow listing.

I was about to email you to ask if you are planning coming to the shoot?
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey Ric
Nice job on the map, actually I got more out your map then Rand McNally's. I'll be checking back to find out which date the BBB is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Yea I'll be coming.
I'm going it IWLA York on that Saturday to help clean up and get ready for a big USPSA match in June. So I might as well make it a shooting weekend.

I'll bring some of my toys along.
ARs', Fal, Remington Sendaro.
I think I'll bring my two race guns along to play with when the rifle range get too full.
I have a 9 SuperComp (IE my name)(9X23) with C-more and comp. and a SW 627 8 shot revolver 38 Super with C-more and comp.
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yea I'll be coming.

Glad to hear it!
Any chance that you may be brining that Australian gun that you let me fondle at the gun show???
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#28]
We actually moved it last weekend at the Pikesville show. I'll see ya at the gun show today if you are still going.
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We actually moved it last weekend at the Pikesville show. I'll see ya at the gun show today if you are still going.

Yep, still going. I'll be there around 2ish.

What did that rife go for again?
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#30]
$1400.00 I think.
I waited around the from area to meet you, but must not have connected.
By the way thanks for the lead on the show.
I managed to get out with $1,000.00 less in my checking. Bought a Colt Thunder and DA. Both double action revolvers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Thats cool. Yeah the show was HUGE! So we prolly just misseed eachother.

I didnt really like the show at all. Im not into the whole pre-civil war fireamrs.

Oh well, the show coming up will be real nice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#32]
A week away, whos amped up to kill some paper and water jugs? I maybe in trouble though I was working on the 1919 and broke the prototype trigger I made for it. OH F*** ME!! Im a dumb ass some times. I need to get some more ammo. I was going to order some but I procrastanated and I dont think it will get here in time. Besides X-ring who has surplus ammo at good prices? I cant hardly wait. Forecast looks good sunny and around 60 degrees. See yall then
Sean
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I also working on becoming a C7/SOT firearms manufacture. Im tring to come up with a cool name for the company. I'll have a store front that Ill sell retail goods so I dont want to use anything too abrasive(ie Aces of death firearms) or too outlandish. Let me know what you guys think, always helps to have good input.
Later
Sean
Link Posted: 3/16/2003 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I also working on becoming a C7/SOT firearms manufacture.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I woudlnt knoww where to begin though. Maybe you can give some insight.

Well, I am very happy to see you all coming. Im sure the best B-day I have ever had will be this one!

So is it a BBQ or going somewhere afterwards to eat? LMK

Link Posted: 3/18/2003 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Let me say first off, HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY SHOOT.
Unfortunatly it looks like I wont be able to attend.
Hope you all have a great time.
MIKE
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Wish u could be there mike, well catch up next time.
At first I said BBQ but the more I think about it, the better it would be too go out afterwards(grab a cold bevreage). More time to shoot. If I can get too it Ill try and get some soda or something.
I got some name tags for everyone.
M4 the C2 thing is alot of work,If you want I can help you.
Go to the full auto/m16 fourm I posted a bunch of questions(too get the ball rolling).
It looks as if Ill have a replacement trigger for the 1919. Need ammo DAMN!
See ya soon
Sean
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Have a good Bday!  Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Alittle off the topic but for you AK guys. Over on roderuscoustom.tzo.com there is a guy selling AK drums($55) and 30rd mags($8) I think thats a hell of a deal so I bought 2 drums(would have bought all 4 but low on cash) and 10 mags, and I dont even own an AK. Maybe Ill buy an SAR1 for the shoot on Sun.
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Ballistic Mayhem at Elk Neck state park!!!!
Fun for everyone.
Sean
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Whats the head count for Sun?
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Whats the head count for Sun?

Everyone that has stated they were coming on this thread plus I have two people that are coming who just finished service with the IDF coming down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#41]
I know it's short notice, but add me to the list ...last minute approval from the gf shouldn't be too hard to get.

Should I bring anything other than gun, ammo, and targets?  Is the BBQ off?  Drinks and munchies afterwards?
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Cerebus, Good to have you aboard. I think it would be better if we went out for beer and grub post-carnage(just eazier than having to cook and shoot). I just got done loading a shit load of belt for the browning and my fingers hurt(note to self buy a linker) but I bought one of those LULA loaders, all I can say is SWEET. Well see yall tomarrow.
Later
Sean
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
2IDoc,

Can you please bring that mat to lay down on again?

I didn't get a chance to use it last time.
Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#44]
M4
Missed you again. I stopped at the McDonald's for a bite and the battery went dead. Fortunatly a guy knew someone that owned a parts store (Not open on Sunday's) and the guy was kind enough to bring a battery to me. I got to the range about noon to find the gate closed. I had too much gear to carry over the hill. Next tiem I will be prepared to carry if needed. 4 rifles and 2 pistols was a bit much to haul.

PS Hope you have a good B-day anyway.
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
M4
Missed you again. I stopped at the McDonald's for a bite and the battery went dead. Fortunatly a guy knew someone that owned a parts store (Not open on Sunday's) and the guy was kind enough to bring a battery to me. I got to the range about noon to find the gate closed. I had too much gear to carry over the hill. Next tiem I will be prepared to carry if needed. 4 rifles and 2 pistols was a bit much to haul.

PS Hope you have a good B-day anyway.

Hey man, sorry you had such a rough time getting there. I understand you didn't want to leave all your stuff in the car though.
We had one hell of a time lugging all our gear PLUS a Browning 1919! Damn thing was heavy!
But we did have a great time regardless.
I want to thank Zman,IDF_M203, Cerebus, M203Bomber and Haftaby (my wonderful girlfriend) for making the trip up.

Next time I hope the goddamn gate is open! I am really really sorry for all who showed up and saw that the gate was closed. I really am!

Pics to come soon!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top