Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2005 6:58:32 AM EDT
I've been having problems sleeping at night knowing that there are guns in my safe that I havent fired yet.  I've had one for 4 months that I havent shot yet.  Hopefully everything functions properly.
It's 52 out and sunny and the range should be empty, I couldnt ask for more.

Link Posted: 3/28/2005 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]
post pics and range report please
Link Posted: 3/28/2005 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
post pics and range report please

You're lucky I brough a camera with

I have three lowers waiting for uppers so I decided to bring two of them that I havent tried yet and a russian SKS that I got a few weeks ago.  One of the lowers is a Cavalry Arms MK1 and the other is a DPMS that's stamped restricted that I picked up at a show.  I was going to bring my SEBR, but was running out of room.  The MK1 didnt come with a buffer or spring and all I had laying around was a CAR buffer and spring, if functioned just like I thought it would.  It would fire one shot, but not feed the next round.  Someday I'll get around to ordering some more parts.  The DPMS worked flawlessly as did the SKS.

The range was very sloppy, I shouldnt have worn tennis shoes.

I was done at the rifle range and getting ready to go to the handgun range when my phone rings.  My wife also took today off and went shopping with her mom.  Her mom picked her up at the house this morning and my wife forgot to take her keys with.  Of course I locked up the house when I left to go shooting.  Her mom had to drop her of with me so I put her to work loading mags.  She really doesnt like guns, the only one of mine I could ever get her to shoot is a winchester 1890 in .22 short.  She was loading the mags for my Beretta U22 neos and I asked her if she wanted to shoot it, she didnt really want to, but knew that I'd keep nagging her if she didnt try it.  It was her first time shooting a handgun and she was pretty nervous, she really flinched when she pulled the trigger, but was surprised at the lack of recoil.  I couldnt get it away from her after that.

She tried the glock, but the terrible recoil from the 9mm was too much for her... for now

The only handgun I brough that I hadnt fired was the m11, it's a cheap Vulcan, (I didnt know Vulcan was Hesse when I bought it) it shoots ok though.

It was a good day, I only went through 500 rounds or so.  It was sure better than going to work!
Link Posted: 3/28/2005 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I should probably make the pics a little smaller.
Link Posted: 3/28/2005 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2005 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hold out until friday to catch the bug, it's supposed to be nice out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Great pics!!!!

I think I am going to hit the range on Saturday, it is really tough for me to get a Friday off where I work............with 12 years I dont have enough Seniority
Link Posted: 4/1/2005 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Where did you go shooting at?   I'm looking for a range that will allow you to shoot the Wolf  steel case ammo.  I just pickup  a bunch at SG.
Link Posted: 4/1/2005 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where did you go shooting at?   I'm looking for a range that will allow you to shoot the Wolf  steel case ammo.  I just pickup  a bunch at SG.

Gopher Campfire Club north of Hutchinson.
www.gophercampfire.com/info.htm
I always shoot wolf 7.62x39 out there without a problem.
Link Posted: 4/2/2005 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Eli75, I assume from your post that the Cavarms MK1 needs a full-length buffer?  I ask because I have an unfired MKII (2004 SEBR #4 ) that came with a CAR buffer and spring.  I'll fire it as soon as I figure out what kind of flash suppressor I want to put on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top