Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2016 10:39:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
"The union has a right to voice their opinion, but any leader will tell you that leadership is about doing the right thing at the right time, rather than the popular thing," Chief Conrad said.

When less than 1% of the officers support you on issues, it has gone way beyond "the popular thing" and is well past doing the wrong thing.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
He was hand picked by the dumb ass mayor.   Both run around squealing, "We can't arrest our way out" of our situations.    Actually, we can  and should.   We just need to contract with some country like China to handle the imprisonment of those convicted.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 Actually, we can  and should.   We just need to contract with some country like China to handle the imprisonment of those convicted.
View Quote

Amen.

Nationally.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He was hand picked by the dumb ass mayor.   Both run around squealing, "We can't arrest our way out" of our situations.    Actually, we can  and should.   We just need to contract with some country like China to handle the imprisonment of those convicted.
View Quote

We don't need any help from China. We are the worlds subject matter expert on imprisioning citizens. We have a very large, very profitable and successful prison industry in America.

We already have the largest prison population per capita in the world thanks to the war on drugs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We don't need any help from China. We are the worlds subject matter expert on imprisioning citizens. We have a very large, very profitable and successful prison industry in America.

We already have the largest prison population per capita in the world thanks to the war on drugs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all fine and dandy, assuming any of it is remotely accurate.   However, that has nothing to do with my point.     We should contract with China, or some country, to save the US some money.    The issue is the expense these craptastic critters cost the good people of this nation.    Those...   critters .... those in gangs, hustling illegal drugs, and involved in the increased violence need to be removed from the presence of decent people.

The problem is not arresting the garbage of society.    The issue is having a viable and economical means to stack them up like cord wood, in perpetuity.

Those critters cost the decent people far too much as is.

In any case,  I don't mean to monopolize the "conversation".    Tells us.    What is the solution in addressing those in gangs, hustling illegal drugs, and involved in the increased violence?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. The largest gang recruiting and training grounds in the world. Nice, cushy government administrated businesses where the guards are no different than the prisoners.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Thinking about the situation in Louisville can be disheartening, given there is a lib tard fruit loop chief of police, a mayor who idolizes trash and is disrespectful of decent people, and a lying communist rep in congress.  

I try to be positive and focus on the positive.   Kentucky has a great governor and some decent  people in the state senate and house.   Beyond that, we have our first  non-career politician as President who is surrounding himself with great people.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes. The largest gang recruiting and training grounds in the world. Nice, cushy government administrated businesses where the guards are no different than the prisoners.
View Quote

I would say "some of the guards".  There are posters on this site (me, for one, retired), who work corrections.  If I had thin skin, I might make a big deal about it.  But, in most prisons, who are run by corporations or political administrators, it's go along to get along, or get fired.  That's my only disagreement with your post.  Everything else is pretty much spot on.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If the normal law abiding folks knew just how thinly veiled law and order is in that county they would not be afraid to fix the problem swiftly and aggressively.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think they are "afraid" to fix it. They just don't care, as long as it it doesn't happen in their zip codes. Just let some of that violence come to their neighborhoods and see how fast they demand a solution.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
That is exactly what I hear from friends there softpoint.  "That is a west end problem.  They don't bother us out here so we really don't care what they do to each other." is what they have said.  Of course they live near St. Mathews mall which had a flash mob of urban youths robbing and trashing the entire place.  They Mayor and Chief didn't do anything about that either.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would say "some of the guards".  There are posters on this site (me, for one, retired), who work corrections.  If I had thin skin, I might make a big deal about it.  But, in most prisons, who are run by corporations or political administrators, it's go along to get along, or get fired.  That's my only disagreement with your post.  Everything else is pretty much spot on.
View Quote

I did cast a pretty unfairly wide net there, didn't I?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's all fine and dandy, assuming any of it is remotely accurate.   However, that has nothing to do with my point.     We should contract with China, or some country, to save the US some money.    The issue is the expense these craptastic critters cost the good people of this nation.    Those...   critters .... those in gangs, hustling illegal drugs, and involved in the increased violence need to be removed from the presence of decent people.

The problem is not arresting the garbage of society.    The issue is having a viable and economical means to stack them up like cord wood, in perpetuity.

In any case,  I don't mean to monopolize the "conversation".    Tells us.    What is the solution in addressing those in gangs, hustling illegal drugs, and involved in the increased violence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure what I stated is really up for interpretation. We as a country currently house the largest prison population per capita in the world. This last year is the first time in decades that the prison population in the US has declined in decades, but we still are in top in the rankings. You can google the numbers fairly easily if you don't believe me.

Wars on nouns usually don't go well. The war on poverty has spent untold sums of money with a negligible impact on the number of people living in poverty. The war on drugs has cost us billions if not trillions of dollars and drugs and users are more common than ever before in history. The war in terror will ultimately be remembered the same way, trillions of dollars spent to do nothing but make some people rich off our tax dollars.

As far as a fix for crime there really isn't a silver bullet for crime. As with most things in life the simple answer seldom is the correct one. A common thread with most criminals is their total lack of respect. Respect for themselves, respect for others, etc. If you are looking to make a difference in your community and the crime there in you should prolly concentrate your efforts on prevention rather than punishment. By the time people are caught for their first stay in the grey bar hotel they are already set in their ways, and are unable to change their basic mindset. If we are going to try and make a significant impact on crime we need to start with education. An educated population with critical thinking skills will produce less crime than what we currently have without a doubt.  I know this is a long term approach and isnt the rallying cry that "ship them to China" is but it is a solution that will make a difference in our lives going forward or we could just continue to spend money hand over fist to house and secure the ever increasing number of failures from our current system. Not that education is the end all be all of solutions to crime but if is a step in the right direction. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As far as a fix for crime there really isn't a silver bullet for crime.
View Quote

Funny.  THAT is the fix.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Funny.  THAT is the fix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as a fix for crime there really isn't a silver bullet for crime.

Funny.  THAT is the fix.

I don't think the bullets necessarily have to be silver.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what I stated is really up for interpretation. We as a country currently house the largest prison population per capita in the world. This last year is the first time in decades that the prison population in the US has declined in decades, but we still are in top in the rankings. You can google the numbers fairly easily if you don't believe me.
View Quote

There was no interpretation.   I pointed out you ignored my point.    We have to arrest/remove more criminals from within our society.   In turn, society has to figure out how to cover that expense.  

We could certainly cut social spending.    That would reduce crime if by no other method than reducing the survivability to adulthood among existing criminal elements.

I do not worry about how many people get arrested in other countries.    I do not concern myself the things with which people get away in other countries.     In some countries, "problem" people disappear, such as in China and North Korea.   In others, people are killed for things not illegal here, such as in Muslim countries and also North Korea.    To me, comparing the US to other countries is frequently pointless.

The problem in the US is obvious.   We have far to many criminals loose on our streets.     While a significant number should be removed through capital punishment, the criminals know they are growing and being subsidized at an alarming rate, beyond our ability to contain them.    The point I made regarding using foreign countries is for economy.    We buy mexican and chinese  crap at an alarming rate in this country.     I suggest we should explore contracting with foreign countries or businesses to ... "imprison" our convicted felons.     This would not only save money and allow us to put away more criminals, it might also serve as to put scum bags on notice to consider changing their ways.

I do know there has been a trend in the last 8 years to criminalize normal decent people.    We have seen this in places like new yak and commiefornication with their draconian gun laws.    At the same time, we have seen states and the federal government turn a blind eye to criminals who previously would have been locked up in a heart beat from the 1950's through the 1980's.    This corruption in our government has spread in an effort to appeal to the worst of our society.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wars on nouns usually don't go well. The war on poverty has spent untold sums of money with a negligible impact on the number of people living in poverty. The war on drugs has cost us billions if not trillions of dollars and drugs and users are more common than ever before in history. The war in terror will ultimately be remembered the same way, trillions of dollars spent to do nothing but make some people rich off our tax dollars.
View Quote

Here is a noun for you.   CRIMINALS.    The criminals are at war with normal, healthy, productive, and responsible people in our society.    We are also wasting more money on trying to save criminals from themselves.    We could certainly save that money.    Beyond that, I know there is a higher percentage of liberals with drug convictions that conservatives.    The "war on drugs" does produce felons.    Felons don't get to vote, if states have reasonable voter ID laws and maintain their rolls properly.  

Getting rid of criminals and enforcing responsible/reasonable voter ID  laws can turn this country around.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As far as a fix for crime there really isn't a silver bullet for crime. As with most things in life the simple answer seldom is the correct one. A common thread with most criminals is their total lack of respect. Respect for themselves, respect for others, etc. If you are looking to make a difference in your community and the crime there in you should prolly concentrate your efforts on prevention rather than punishment. By the time people are caught for their first stay in the grey bar hotel they are already set in their ways, and are unable to change their basic mindset.
View Quote

As is common, we disagree.    There is a "silver bullet".    Actually, any bullet will do.   I do know about the concept of a lack of respect among the criminal element.    Currently, decent people are put under a microscope for using a bullet against a criminal.     When criminals act out, our society looks for excuses and gives them opportunities.    That has to change.   The bad people, criminals, have lost all fear of law and order along with a fear of decent people.   That has to change.    Criminals should be terrified of crossing a decent person.    

Your point regarding prevention is close to that.    I do agree that decent people have to change their mindset.   They are the ones who should have the power of the bullet.      But, it goes beyond that.   People should be more proactive.    I have alarm systems and cameras at all three of my places.    I have dogs at some.    I stay armed.   Some times, I go about my business any where from well armed to heavily armed.    I do keep medical gear handy in all of my vehicles, houses, and usually on my person.   I have a good combat mindset.    I work with my family on tactics, skills, and equipment.     I do strongly support good people doing more to prevent the success of bad people, criminals.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
By the time people are caught for their first stay in the grey bar hotel they are already set in their ways, and are unable to change their basic mindset. If we are going to try and make a significant impact on crime we need to start with education. An educated population with critical thinking skills will produce less crime than what we currently have without a doubt.
View Quote

I see nothing but doubt, when I see how carefree criminals are.   They about little.       I see no way that could possibly work, as the criminals, starting out in school, have no interest in education.   Education is a joke to them.    

Society has to change the mindset of criminals by striking terror into their very being.

Focusing on education does not work.    That is obvious just by looking at Jefferson County Public Schools, (JCPS).    They have the lowest scores in the state.   They spend more per student.   They have more crime.    They also are focused on pointless social experiments, instead of educating those who are trying to get an education.    Other counties in Kentucky do not play games by busing students around just to improve the scores of schools full of criminals.    

The issue is that we have criminals as students.    They must be removed.    We are wasting huge amounts of resources trying to appeal to people who have absolutely no interest in bettering themselves.

As you pointed out, these criminals do not have respect for themselves.    They will not motivate themselves to get an education.    The sooner we can identify criminals, pursue them, and lock them away for a very long time, the sooner we can clean up our schools and the rest of society, along with possibly inspiring a few of those temped by crime to consider other options, such as considering an education.

We need to make our educational system more efficient by removing the criminal influence from society, starting with our schools.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know this is a long term approach and isnt the rallying cry that "ship them to China" is but it is a solution that will make a difference in our lives going forward or we could just continue to spend money hand over fist to house and secure the ever increasing number of failures from our current system. Not that education is the end all be all of solutions to crime but if is a step in the right direction. YMMV
View Quote

As I wrote, we do clearly disagree.      

Our educational system has been corrupted by focusing on "bettering" criminals.    We focus on those with criminal parents and give them special attention, that was not earned.   If anything, they, (the children), need to learn to make a choice to not be like their parents.    We do not incarcerate those who commit adult crimes.   That should change.    Many of our schools are full of unruly animals.    The decent students should not be exposed to them.    

Our failures in our society do go back to our schools and our homes, especially those which are heavily subsidized by government funds.

People do not like that we "spend money hand over fist to house and secure the ever increasing number of failures".    That is the whole point to sending convicted felons off to prison in for foreign countries.   The expense is to be cut to the bone.    I am absolutely certain other countries and ... "organizations" in other countries could house and secure our failures at a rate that is quite palatable.

My comments are nothing more than my ideas and my opinions.  I do understand that opinions, like some other things, often stink.     Such is life.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed - but the pols have to spend money and I just don't think lead or solid copper will get the dollars up enough.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
TheWenisPrinkle,thank you for making these points.   We may not view the issues and potential solutions in the same manner, but where would humanity be without sincere and thoughtful consideration of ideas?    Your ideas are wonderful.   I mean that sincerely.   I believe in a contrasting set of solutions because I view the criminal element in a very different manner.    I do think your approaches should work with people who have any decency about themselves.    Maybe it is good if people have a more positive/hopeful view, such as you do?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed - but the pols have to spend money and I just don't think lead or solid copper will get the dollars up enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have silver 380, 9mm, 44 mag, and 45 Colt.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top