Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2015 8:53:29 AM EDT
Ok guys. This is going to take place Saturday, beginning from 5-6pm and running till whenever. Its a bar so there really isn't a time limit - at worst, we have to relinquish the room at some point and move over to the bar.

Now we need to vote on the date.

In an attempt to make this available to as many people as possible, Im trying to work without certain dates. We have a couple firefighters that want in and are on duty the 18th, so Im going to un-include that date. And our resident Bikerman is expecting his first child at the end of March, so Im going to try and push the dates into the beginning of May in hopes we can jailbreak him from daddy duty. It'll be warmer, parking will be easier etc.

As with the last poll, you can vote for multiple dates.

ETA: There will be one more poll in about a week. A simple, "In or Out", and I will start making a list of confirmed people so I can rent the space accordingly. (There is a big room, a smaller room, and bar space - pending group size)
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
25th so i can be  the bday boy
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome job.  

Just something to consider.  Get the backroom.  It is the only semi-private area in the place.  On Saturday nights, it is absolutely packed in the bar area.  It would be impossible to move from the room to the bar.  There would be no time limit back there.  If tables open in the room (it holds around 30) then we will have to share with others but not until later in the evening.  Also, there will probably be a live band.  Being in the room allows you to talk without screaming.  No way to do that on the main floor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok guys. This is going to take place Saturday, beginning from 5-6pm and running till whenever. Its a bar so there really isn't a time limit - at worst, we have to relinquish the room at some point and move over to the bar.

In an attempt to make this available to as many people as possible, Im trying to work without certain dates. We have a couple firefighters that want in and are on duty the 18th, so Im going to un-include that date. And our resident Bikerman is expecting his first child at the end of March, so Im going to try and push the dates into the beginning of May in hopes we can jailbreak him from daddy duty. It'll be warmer, parking will be easier etc.

ETA: There will be one more poll in about a week. A simple, "In or Out", and I will start making a list of confirmed people so I can rent the space accordingly. (There is a big room, a smaller room, and bar space - pending group size)
View Quote

baby coming in April
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
The only one that won't work for me is May 2.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
not gonna lie, i wont be able to make a definite yes or no until very shortly before the meet
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in for April 11, or May 2
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Perfect, let's have it on May 2  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only one that won't work for me is May 2.

Perfect, let's have it on May 2  
I thought that comment would be on here

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Me too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#12]
April?

I'm hungry now, dammit!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
April?

I'm hungry now, dammit!

View Quote

thats what im sayin
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Me too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

My birthday's April 4th, but I'll buy each of you the drink of your choice at this gathering. I voted for the 11th, but any Saturday night works for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My birthday's April 4th, but I'll buy each of you the drink of your choice at this gathering. I voted for the 11th, but any Saturday night works for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

the 11th might work for me acutally, thats opening day for trout this year, so i might take the day off
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

baby coming in April
View Quote

Saturday, March 28th, 2am. Im calling it. Thats when it comes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Me too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

haha thats funny and awesome
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

thats what im sayin
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
April?

I'm hungry now, dammit!

thats what im sayin

You guys should hook up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Awesome job.  

Just something to consider.  Get the backroom.  It is the only semi-private area in the place.  On Saturday nights, it is absolutely packed in the bar area.  It would be impossible to move from the room to the bar.  There would be no time limit back there.  If tables open in the room (it holds around 30) then we will have to share with others but not until later in the evening.  Also, there will probably be a live band.  Being in the room allows you to talk without screaming.  No way to do that on the main floor.
View Quote

Thanks for all the info. We shall do just that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

baby coming in April

I'm thinking second week of april ...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the 11th might work for me acutally, thats opening day for trout this year, so i might take the day off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

Its the third Saturday in April in CT, second in RI...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

Negatory. They got it changed to align with other states. Effective in a week or so, per DEEP

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#23]
McLadden's SMS, bourbon and Irish whisky menus:

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You guys should hook up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
April?

I'm hungry now, dammit!

thats what im sayin

You guys should hook up.

Who says we haven't??

Actually Zegerman opposites attract......we should hook up!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Y
Quoted:

Who says we haven't??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
April?

I'm hungry now, dammit!

thats what im sayin

You guys should hook up.

Who says we haven't??

Me and your avatar are one and the same right now. Hahaha
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#26]
So does anyone know if the ghost of DanTSX will make an appearance at this???
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You never know.  Last I heard he was leaving CT for a bit .
View Quote

Heard he already wrote to the capital about malloys plan on registering ammo. Not sure how he does that out of state
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#29]
He is moving to TX.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#30]
What is this Page 2 nonsense.  To the top.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Who's leaving CT?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Alright guys, Im going to leave this up for the weekend and make the reservation on Monday.

So far its the 11th by one vote.

If you think you are a definite in, regardless of the date - shoot me an IM. Im going to start compiling the list so I know who to get info to when everything is final.

Happy Friday.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#33]
That's opening day for fishing... I may be in rough shape.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#34]
big old negative for me
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm on call that weekend.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm on call that weekend.
View Quote

Still time to bribe people to vote for the 25th.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe the 18th is opening day in CT

ETA: I stand corrected, it is the second Saturday in April, effective this year. I can't believe the State changed it. Its been the third Saturday my entire life.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ETA: I stand corrected, it is the second Saturday in April, effective this year. I can't believe the State changed it. Its been the third Saturday my entire life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way - and as the most avid of fisherman - opening day is the worst day of fishing the whole year.

I cant speak for everybody, but I sure as hell dont go fishing to stand shoulder to shoulder on a riverbank, or to wait in line for a boat launch.

Every other day youll find me fishing. But opening day is the day I stay home.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]
fishing is probably my worst sport. i cant catch anything. i even dropped the fish i bought at the fish market once
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Either way - and as the most avid of fisherman - opening day is the worst day of fishing the whole year.

I cant speak for everybody, but I sure as hell dont go fishing to stand shoulder to shoulder on a riverbank, or to wait in line for a boat launch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, some places are ridiculous with guys standing right next to each other, had many laughs watching that. Opening day for me has been a family tradition, since I can remember. In fact, for the first time in about 20 years I went with my Dad last year. Took him to one of my favorite spots, caught a bunch of fish and saw two people all day. It continues to be a tradition for my family, I have taken my boys out on opening day many times and for the first time, this year I will be taking my daughter, at her request! I only hope the snows gone and the rivers are not too flooded to actually catch something...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep, some places are ridiculous with guys standing right next to each other, had many laughs watching that. Opening day for me has been a family tradition, since I can remember. In fact, for the first time in about 20 years I went with my Dad last year. Took him to one of my favorite spots, caught a bunch of fish and saw two people all day. It continues to be a tradition for my family, I have taken my boys out on opening day many times and for the first time, this year I will be taking my daughter, at her request! I only hope the snows gone and the rivers are not too flooded to actually catch something...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome. I love hearing stories like that.

Im a first generation fisherman in my family, but I sure as hell won't be the last.

I hope your spot stays forever un found.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Getting perilously close to page two.  Get out and vote (for the 25th preferably but vote anyway)
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

baby coming in April
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

baby coming in April
Congratulations bud.  We need to together soon,  before your free time evaporates into thin air!  I have 4 kids, so free time is all but a distant memory.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I will do my damndest to make it, whichever date you all pick.  Given my workload and this big old mess of kids I have, it's tough for me to give definite, but I should be able to make it.  I'd like to meet you all and see the folks I met up in Hartford again.

Another member here is one of best friends.  He was at the Hartford rally as well.   I'll send him a link to this thread as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Congratulations bud.  We need to together soon,  before your free time evaporates into thin air!  I have 4 kids, so free time is all but a distant memory.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

baby coming in April

let me know when, unlike these other guys, your only down the road to me!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#46]
BUMPAGE.  So what date did the poll decide?  I have to know in advance to sign out a MRAP.  Figured some of you would like to cruise around town in one.

Scotch selection:

Essence of Life:

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh boy does that look good. If it's the 25 then it's really gonna be bad. My club is having a couples shoot and social that day. Basically you shoot with you spouse and then have dinner with them. I have a great suspicion my in laws will be there and will want us to go . Not sure what's gonna happen with the new born though
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#48]
met a cutie that used to work for mcladdens last night
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Other than their beer selection... Their menu is pretty cool.

Namely, how you can order your macaroni & cheese, or Nachos. You can customize them, like a pizza place lets you pick your toppings.

It's very easy to walk out of there, absolutely stuffed. You know that "stuffed" feeling you get, when you walk out to the car, get in, and you almost don't want to put your seatbelt on, because of the extra pressure it puts on your tummy?

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I just put in our final request for April 25th. Once I hear back confirming the date is available, Ill start a new thread.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top