Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/16/2015 2:37:23 PM EDT
http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/sandy_hook_commission_will_renew_call_for_controversial_gun_ban_in_final_re/

Has anyone else read through this yet? I'm concerned most about the part that reads:

"In 2013, the Sandy Hook Commission issued its interim report, it included the controversial ban on high-capacity magazines and guns that can shoot them. Jackson said the recommendations in the final report will supersede any recommendations made in previous reports.

Malloy formed the panel after the murder of 20 children and six adults at the Newtown school. The group released an interim report in 2013, just before the legislature passed its own bill and enacted sweeping new firearm regulations, which included a prospective expansion of the state’s assault weapons ban and limitations on ammunition magazines.

The commission’s ban differs from the law approved by the legislature. The 2013 law allowed residents who legally owned prohibited weapons before the law was passed to keep the guns so long as they registered them with the state. The commission proposal does not include such a “grandfather” provision."
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying that they are possibly trying to pass a new law that would require us to turn in our AWs? here's my shocked face
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Sand

My line in it.
FDM!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Redacted to avoid COC
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm surprised this thread is so quiet
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm too mad and disgusted to speak... or type.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Did anyone really expect the commission to recommend anything different?

Of course they are going to come out and say guns should be banned and that Malloy's ban didn't go far enough. Its much easier for them to do that then come back with a report critical of the mental health system and the school system and recommend several very expensive to the state ways to fix it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing new.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
No need to get mad, yet.

Let's see if the ball keeps rolling.

They aren't stupid. They know if they pass something like this, there will be bloodshed.

And I don't think they want the blood on their hands

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Alot of people talk about drawing there lines and refusing such restrictions but if push comes to shove 9/10 will comply for the sake of maintaing there peaceful lives thats why this thread is so quiet, sad that being a lover of freedom and liberty and wanting to excersise your rights turns you into a felon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alot of people talk about drawing there lines and refusing such restrictions but if push comes to shove 9/10 will comply for the sake of maintaing there peaceful lives thats why this thread is so quiet, sad that being a lover of freedom and liberty and wanting to excersise your rights turns you into a felon.
View Quote

Or maybe the normal Molon labe posters actually mean it this time, and don't wanna out themselves

Its also still work hours on a weekday

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Thread is quiet? Its been 2 hours, and many, maybe even most of us work - its 3 in the afternoon on a Friday.

Anyone who didn't see this coming, raise your hand. That should make for a quiet thread.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Am I upset? Yes but not surprised. These liberals are using every excuse to further take away our rights. Once they get rid of guns they will work on the 1st amendment. Once you disarm the people and completely control the press there is no stopping the communist(progressive) agenda.

If they really cared about "the children" the recommendations would be to overhaul and fix the mental health system, the criminal system and suggest schools have security.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't give a fuck what the commission recommends or what the legislature passes.

They want em, they can come and get em.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Am I upset? Yes but not surprised. These liberals are using every excuse to further take away our rights. Once they get rid of guns they will work on the 1st amendment. Once you disarm the people and completely control the press there is no stopping the communist(progressive) agenda.

If they really cared about "the children" the recommendations would be to overhaul and fix the mental health system, the criminal system and suggest schools have security.
View Quote

But on the contrary, they just cut mental health funding by $2m(?) in the last couple months. . . . .
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes it does say it all. I expect that we'll see a bunch of really strong anti gun bills introduced the day this report is released, or just before or after. You can bet that the report writers are working with the legislature behind closed doors to have a public media supported push for another round of gun control, worse than last time. There will be the typical calls of "for the children" that will pressure the normally pro 2A legislators so they stab us in the back again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This says it all:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This says it all:

“The relationship between the accessibility to this kind of weaponry and mass shootings is the single most important common denominator in mass shootings. We’ve spent two years looking at the mental health aspects of this. The relationship to mental health issues is minimal and pales to the relationship to these weapons,” Dr. Harold Schwartz, head psychiatrist at Hartford Hospital’s Institute of Living, said.

That's the same douche bag that was/is leading a campaign to not say people are:  crazy, nuts, looney, etc, etc.  The guy is a fucking asshole as are most, if not all, the people on that commission.

I was recently in Hartford Hospital for a heart surgery.  I couldn't reach this site or any gun related sites on their stupid public wireless network.  I COULD reach anti-gun related websites.

I will be going back in a few months another procedure.  I'm saving up all my gun magazine reading and taking them with me to read there.  Fuck 'em!

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thread is quiet? Its been 2 hours, and many, maybe even most of us work - its 3 in the afternoon on a Friday.

Anyone who didn't see this coming, raise your hand. That should make for a quiet thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sand

My line in it.
FDM!
View Quote

Heard that a lot last time around too. Saw lots of those people registering their guns too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#20]
We knew with the loss to maolloy they were gonna come hard. I'm not surprised in the least. I don't know what else to say ......

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We knew with the loss to maolloy they were gonna come hard. I'm not surprised in the least. I don't know what else to say ......

View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Who gives a fuck. The commission doent mean or do shit. Sit back and enjoy until bills are produced then fight them all over again. I personally don't beleive we will see a bill passed that says turn in your salty weapons but only time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I watched the commission on CT-N quite a bit in 2013 (not much since).  It is full of a bunch of clowns.  I was stunned how stupid some of these people are.  That self-serving chairman, Jackson, is a total asshole.

Fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck. The commission doent mean or do shit. Sit back and enjoy until bills are produced then fight them all over again. I personally don't beleive we will see a bill passed that says turn in your salty weapons but only time will tell.
View Quote

i dont think so either

but

malloy does have a set of balls underneath him

he laughed at us as he was signing the awb
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i dont think so either

but

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont think so either

but

And I'm sure everyone said "that will never pass" before that was signed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont think so either

but

i dunno, i thought it was gonna pass

it was the perfect bill to pass after what happened
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll start it.

Preban EA with rusted upper 10" barrel with 6" welded flash suppressor- a2 stock- airsoft magpul sites.
$5,000

10 round Magpul pmags $100 each
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll start it.

Preban EA with rusted upper 10" barrel with 6" welded flash suppressor- a2 stock- airsoft magpul sites.
$5,000

10 round Magpul pmags $100 each
View Quote

Oh man, I can only hope! Capitalism here I come!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#29]
why are you guys so worried? they banned us from being able to buy these firearms. they gonna ban them again? go for it. turn them in? good luck. a few will. most of us will "destroy them" before handing them over. I've got 1000s invested just like the rest of you. sure as shit won't be giving them away.

let them come an get them. i will hide, move, and do whatever it takes. Bloodshed? nah I'm not going that route. good luck taking my rightfully owned shit. you will never get it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont think so either

but

Um no. I knew it would pass. With was very aggressive however he wasn't taking any currently owned property from anyone. That way the normal sheep of CT wouldn't care. He would stir up trouble from sheep if he tries to take personally owned property. How much trouble? No clue and don't want to find out.

FP I agree he does have a set of balls on him. Well not really. It would have been ballsy if he didn't have a the libtard support he does. His was a slam dunk for him. He likely could have came straight out and actually said fuck you CT firearms owners while signing and no one but us would have cared cause no one else was watching. And if I could tell the future to know what was or wasn't going to be passed I wouldn't waste it on bills. I would win powerball and not care about anything lol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#31]
They are trying to ban the sale and possession of any gun that can hold more than 10 rounds, like your lever action 22.  Anything.  Bunch of morons.  Really is getting to be time to move out of this shitty state.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm copying and pasting a bit from CT Gun Talk's discussion....

>>>>>
“The relationship between the accessibility to this kind of weaponry and mass shootings is the single most important common denominator in mass shootings. We’ve spent two years looking at the mental health aspects of this. The relationship to mental health issues is minimal and pales to the relationship to these weapons,” Dr. Harold Schwartz, head psychiatrist at Hartford Hospital’s Institute of Living, said.

Schwartz suggested that the group should not limit its firearm recommendations to the state of Connecticut. He said the proposal should be considered by Congress and nearby states. Hamden Mayor Scott Jackson, the panel’s chairman, said there was nothing in the commission’s gun control recommendations that limit them to Connecticut.
<<<<<

Those cocksuckers want their disease to spread to Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, etc...

Spread the word to those in other states.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I going to start doing this when I see RETARDS like Schwartz and Jackson.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should take this report seriously because the politicians (and the media) are going to use it as their justification for their gun grabbing bills they have waiting in the wings which will be introduced either on the day this report is released or shortly there after. They will wave this report around and say anyone who doesn't support their ideals (ie the bills that grab more guns) want more children to die. They ARE working from a script here.

What remains to be seen is what many who voted for SB1160 but felt sick doing so will do when they're beaten about the head by the media with this report. Will they once again fall lockstep in with the Beth Bye's and Martin Looney's or will they have the balls to take a stand for what's right and denounce the report as self serving political propaganda that won't prevent the next Adam Lanza from killing since it doesn't focus on mental health.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You should take this report seriously because the politicians (and the media) are going to use it as their justification for their gun grabbing bills they have waiting in the wings which will be introduced either on the day this report is released or shortly there after. They will wave this report around and say anyone who doesn't support their ideals (ie the bills that grab more guns) want more children to die. They ARE working from a script here.

What remains to be seen is what many who voted for SB1160 but felt sick doing so will do when they're beaten about the head by the media with this report. Will they once again fall lockstep in with the Beth Bye's and Martin Looney's or will they have the balls to take a stand for what's right and denounce the report as self serving political propaganda that won't prevent the next Adam Lanza from killing since it doesn't focus on mental health.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't not take it seriously. My point is that we can do nothing until a bill is proposed. Yes for terrible reasons our wonderful leaders of the state will use this to justify their proposed bills. But what can we do before a bill is proposed? Serious question.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I watched the commission on CT-N quite a bit in 2013 (not much since).  It is full of a bunch of clowns.  I was stunned how stupid some of these people are.  That self-serving chairman, Jackson, is a total asshole.

Fuck 'em!
View Quote

Guess who is running for governor after Malloy.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont think so either

but

Nope

We knew it would
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Let's see what the legislature does......

This commission has been a self-living lollipop since they started.  In reality, Their recommendations simply play to validate the legislative and policy moves, not to direct them.

Keep that fire in your bellies burning guys, but hold your fire until they move on any of this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link to the full video report from WTNH.

http://wtnh.com/2015/01/16/sandy-hook-commission-recommends-strengthening-new-gun-law/
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Can you guys do me a favor?  I live in NM and I'm tired of the NE liberals trying to force their crap down the throats of red state America.  Please tell them that the entire country does not revolve around them, and that we don't need to be saved.  Actually, as far as I’m concerned the liberal NE area and California can go and form their own country.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can you guys do me a favor?  I live in NM and I'm tired of the NE liberals trying to force their crap down the throats of red state America.  Please tell them that the entire country does not revolve around them, and that we don't need to be saved.  Actually, as far as I’m concerned the liberal NE area and California can go and form their own country.
View Quote

Go form your own country yourself buddy.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

typhoid agrees with you

but we are a bit sensitive with AWB2.0

they wont listen to us

we outnumbered the libs right up to the signing of the awb

they dont give a fuck about us
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't not take it seriously. My point is that we can do nothing until a bill is proposed. Yes for terrible reasons our wonderful leaders of the state will use this to justify their proposed bills. But what can we do before a bill is proposed? Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can the pro rights side do while we wait for the other shoe to drop with the proposed bills waiting in the wings? That is the $64,000 question. At the very least we can pay attention to this report. We can pay attention to what the other side is saying prior to this report and the subsequent proposed legislation which will surely be introduced. By paying attention to their side one can prepare to rebut and refute their propaganda. At the very least one can prepare for the coming battle since the other side is already setting up the battlefield that we will be forced (to some extent) to fight on.

There is a reason why this report is being released now and not months ago when they were expected to release it or during the last legislative session. It doesn't take them two years to generate this propaganda self serving report.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#44]
CCDL's blog post on the pending Sandy Hook Commission report...

http://ccdl.us/blog/2015/01/16/sandy-hook-commission/

Dan Malloy’s Sandy Hook Advisory Commission met today to finalize their recommendations for their final report due to be released within the next 4 weeks. The timing of the report is to allow the legislature to act upon its recommendations.

The commission has decided that they are going to recommend a full and total ban on all magazines capable of holding over ten rounds, AND a ban on any firearm capable of firing over 10 rounds. They will also be recommending NO grandfather clause. Essentially this will amount to a ban on virtually ALL magazine-fed firearms, since they are all capable of firing over 10 rounds. With no grandfather clause lawful citizens will have to either turn in guns and magazines that may be worth thousands of dollars each, likely with no compensation, or become criminals in the eyes of the state. Of course, the real criminals are not going to turn in their firearms and magazines. Only the law-abiding citizens will be deprived of their property, and deprived of an effective and constitutionally protected means of self-defense.

Lastly, the commission will be asking that their recommendations be implemented on a national basis, not just here in Connecticut.

CCDL will of course be waiting for the final report, and we will continue to alert our members of any pending gun legislation.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why don't you tell em?
Maybe take a stand, support the guys fighting for your freedoms ( the actual soldiers on the front lines)
Or .... Just post on arf
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Good luck banning just about every handgun in the state. I don't care what they did the last ban. There's just no way they will be able to pull that one off
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
why are you guys so worried? they banned us from being able to buy these firearms. they gonna ban them again? go for it. turn them in? good luck. a few will. most of us will "destroy them" before handing them over. I've got 1000s invested just like the rest of you. sure as shit won't be giving them away.

let them come an get them. i will hide, move, and do whatever it takes. Bloodshed? nah I'm not going that route. good luck taking my rightfully owned shit. you will never get it.
View Quote

+1 I guess I need to buy a boat so I can have a boating accident.

CTHTF boating accident?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

We will do you a favor and send them to you. Then we will troll you.

If you think your state is free from this, think again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

CTHTF boating accident?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CTHTF boating accident?

Your welcome on my boat
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Boats and hoes
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top