Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/11/2014 4:20:18 AM EDT
Any of you live near Griswold, Voluntowm, Preston area? Please, shoot me a text if you ever wanna go shooting. 8six0-7one0-68six8
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I were closer to you, because I would take you up on that offer.  I rarely go shooting anymore because the ranges around me are way too expensive (Blue Trail)
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Ill travel, and since it appears you've missed it, Im just gonna throw this out there.

A LOT of the guys here, myself included, have been trying to get a home town forum shoot together. If you're interested, I know a pile of guys here would be happy to pitch in work and/or money to make it happen, if you are down for it.

It would promise to be buttloads of fun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!  Thanks for the invite.  You have a bunch of new friends!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I may take you up on that I'm alittle ways away but I'm always looking for people to shoot with! Thanks for the invite!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill travel, and since it appears you've missed it, Im just gonna throw this out there.

A LOT of the guys here, myself included, have been trying to get a home town forum shoot together. If you're interested, I know a pile of guys here would be happy to pitch in work and/or money to make it happen, if you are down for it.

View Quote

If you guys are going to do something, let Modrapos and Me toss around a few ideas via PM to make sure that the group is limited to this board to keep things happy, safe, and manageable.   That being said, having shot with most of these guys several times, you couldn't find a more safe and considerate bunch to shoot with anywhere.  Solid people all around.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]
So about how many yards can you shoot in a straight line?  50? 100 or more?
I'd be interested if it's a good long distance range since I live quite a ways away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So about how many yards can you shoot in a straight line?  50? 100 or more?
I'd be interested if it's a good long distance range since I live quite a ways away.
View Quote

^^^^^
This!
I've got a bunch of steel as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You said "buttloads"!

Oh and in for some fun, and cleanup work, food, etc...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#9]
That's a two hour drive from the SW corner of the state but I could consider it if you would have me (and at least one of my boys).
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I would love to join a Hometown shoot. I am glad to help.

Just went to the NH Hometown shoot with a friend a few weeks ago. Awesome time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I always like shooting in a new spot, I'll join you. I also have a steel target and interest in shooting at longer ranges!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I may take you up on that I'm alittle ways away but I'm always looking for people to shoot with! Thanks for the invite!
View Quote

Car pool!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Car pool!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Car pool!

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in! I might even bring moar dild-, I mean, foregrips for PaulyGunz to use.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#16]
When- have to try out some moderations/fixes
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#17]
It sounds like we just planned a party at the OP's house without him knowing. Im in for HT Shoot as long as I can get out of work.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Hometown shoot

- collect donations for the billboard

Edit:  anyone else wonder what OP is doing on arf at 4:20am...?

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#19]
This sounds like it will be a GREAT TIME if it happens I would be down !!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Not that far out for a days shoot.

I'd be in.

Wolcott Militia represents
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
anyone else wonder what OP is doing on arf at 4:20am...?

View Quote
Mid-sleep piss?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm close, in the Norwich area.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awesome!  Thanks for the invite.  You have a bunch of new friends!
View Quote

Absolutely...count me as a friend.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread is giving me visions of the free-candy van.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to say.  160 acres can hide a lot of bodies.

Of.course if I was going to do a sting to see how many illegal mags/ guns show up this would be a perfect ploy. Let's see where this goes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Of.course if I was going to do a sting to see how many illegal mags/ guns show up this would be a perfect ploy. Let's see where this goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC  "assault weapons" and "LCM's" can ONLY be used at a "licenesed" shooting range...I don't remember seeing private property (other than ones OWN home or business) being on the list. So I'm not sure how the laws would apply to that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring the MRAP and a few cigars...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

IIRC  "assault weapons" and "LCM's" can ONLY be used at a "licenesed" shooting range...I don't remember seeing private property (other than ones OWN home or business) being on the list. So I'm not sure how the laws would apply to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Double check that.  If I remember correctly 13-3 specifies for "AWs" a licensed shooting range, home, OR private land with owner's knowledge/permission.

I think:  "LCMs" home, one's owned business, and some other option for those who carry handguns with "LCMs" (I don't have any 10+ handgun mags like Glocks etc, so I don't worry about it).

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats like a trick question. There are no more "illegal mags or guns" in CT. Everyone registered and has been in compliance since 2013
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm.

I carry a 1911 so it 8 rounds for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#31]
LCM's

(f) Any person who declared possession of a large capacity magazine under this section may possess the large capacity magazine only under the following conditions:

(1) At that person's residence;

(2) At that person's place of business or other property owned by that person, provided such large capacity magazine contains not more than ten bullets;

(3) While on the premises of a target range of a public or private club or organization organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets;

(4) While on a target range which holds a regulatory or business license for the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range;

(5) While on the premises of a licensed shooting club

*does not include other peoples private property

ETA: there's a few more but they do not fit into what we are talking about
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Assault Weapons:

(f) Any person who has been issued a certificate of possession for an assault weapon under this section may possess the assault weapon only under the following conditions:

(1) At that person's residence, place of business or other property owned by that person, or on property owned by another person with the owner's express permission;

(2) While on the premises of a target range of a public or private club or organization organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets;

(3) While on a target range which holds a regulatory or business license for the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range;

(4) While on the premises of a licensed shooting club;

(5) While attending any exhibition, display or educational project which is about firearms and which is sponsored by, conducted under the auspices of, or approved by a law enforcement agency or a nationally or state recognized entity that fosters proficiency in, or promotes education about, firearms; [or]

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thats like a trick question. There are no more "illegal mags or guns" in CT. Everyone registered and has been in compliance since 2013
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well someone here at least got the joke. Thank you.  I like how eager beavers were furiously looking up laws.  That's a good thing.

Actually sounds like a great time.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd like to bring my registered 100 round drum and bump fire the whole thing from the hip. We can video tape it and send it to Malloy, maybe throw a dog turd or two in there for him too.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well someone here at least got the joke. Thank you.  I like how eager beavers were furiously looking up laws.  That's a good thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats Arfcom's motto? "DON'T INVITE THE MAN INTO YOUR LIFE" I think a CTHTF meet with tons of "Illegal" (depending on where you are now) "LCMs" and "assault weapons" falls under that, better safe than sorry!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Holy crap guys! wow, the responses.....I  got up this morning for work at 4, had to be in at 6 and have to drive to New London from Voluntown, and I like to drink my coffee and not rush, etc. I answered some questions in 2 IM's, no money needed to come or help, but here is what we will need. A picnic table or homemade  table to lay out the gear on and maybe if someone is a decent carpenter a shooting bench. I would need one or 2 people to come out a week or 2 in advance and access my area with me, I haven't shot much there since early spring and we may need to do some machete work, and weed wacking to a few areas, I had measured at least 150-200 yeards on the logging road we can shoot down, but I have no way of measuring farther(anyone have one of those wheels to measure?). As it sits right now I have a skeet machine and an area to shoot clays, a big pile of dirt that makes a good backstop for pistol shooting, and the logging road straight away. So I'd prefer 2 helpers to get it into form and help me set it up the best way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#37]
If your worried I'm some sort of rat looking to grab your guns, who ever helps me figure out the max distance for those that want to know how far we can shoot, can shoot a few of my AR's and I'll even bring a box of hi-cap registered mags when we are accessing the area. BTW it's an old Apple Orchard that belonged to my uncle who passed away almost 10 years ago, now my aunt lives in the house on the corner of the property and makes a living by selling the old stone walls, and logging, 5 acre lots of trees, selling the land on the opposite corner of the land to people to build houses on. Sad that this once thriving Orchard on the corner of Brewster and Browning Road in Griswold has fallen into disrepair..
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got a wheel tape if you're looking for a means of measuring to set up targets. As well as a truck, chainsaw, tools and general carpentry shit like random hardware and 2x4's etc I can throw into the mix.

I'd suggest doing a big old same day work party/shoot. Get a pile of guys down there to do a bunch of work in the morning, build up targets or back stops, clear shooting lanes, knock down grass and brush etc. Then just shoot and possibly grill or eat etc in the afternoon. You know, just kind of see how it goes this first time, and if you want to do it again you'll have a much better idea of what you want or need as far as stuff or work goes. Then you just rinse and repeat.

If it ends up being something you'd like to do a couple times a year, Im certain I could find a picnic table that you could keep there permanently. If it goes well and thats the case, building shooting benches etc is certainly an option.

Definitely talk to Andrapos and matthardcore as suggested, they'll be sure you have nothing but good characters showing up.

Do you have an idea of a timeline or date you'd like to do it? Date and time is going to be one of the biggest factors for most of the guys. With enough lead time, most people can keep or get a day clear.

ETA: Im sure most of the guys would be happy to kick in some funds for you or your aunts hospitality, too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I can come up a week or 2 before the shoot and bring all the tools needed to build what ever size bench you need out there if you pick up the materials. I can also bring a 10'x10' portable canopy to the shoot and a 6' folding table.

ETA: I also have a generator I can bring if anyone thinks they will need one for charging/running tools or any other power equipment.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've got a wheel tape if you're looking for a means of measuring to set up targets. As well as a truck, chainsaw, tools and general carpentry shit like random hardware and 2x4's etc I can throw into the mix.

I'd suggest doing a big old same day work party/shoot. Get a pile of guys down there to do a bunch of work in the morning, build up targets or back stops, clear shooting lanes, knock down grass and brush etc. Then just shoot and possibly grill or eat etc in the afternoon. You know, just kind of see how it goes this first time, and if you want to do it again you'll have a much better idea of what you want or need as far as stuff or work goes. Then you just rinse and repeat.

If it ends up being something you'd like to do a couple times a year, Im certain I could find a picnic table that you could keep there permanently. If it goes well and thats the case, building shooting benches etc is certainly an option.

Definitely talk to Andrapos and matthardcore as suggested, they'll be sure you have nothing but good characters showing up.

Do you have an idea of a timeline or date you'd like to do it? Date and time is going to be one of the biggest factors for most of the guys. With enough lead time, most people can keep or get a day clear.

ETA: Im sure most of the guys would be happy to kick in some funds for you or your aunts hospitality, too.
View Quote

Some good ideas, well My dad's 50th birthday party is in 2 weeks so I'm pretty much up to my eyeballs in helping out with that, but I would prefer 1-3 guys to come help clear, shoot, and measure for those folks wanting to shoot real distance so we have a real report on the next time. Cause once we get it the way I want it, we can do it monthly. Or at least I will be going monthly. No funds needed other than a little work and bring ammo. Chainsaw, rollertape, spray paint, or posts with streamers with yard/meter markers, eventually a table possibly a makeshift sawhorse/plywood contraption to lay rifles and mags/ammo on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I work 6am - 3pm with rotating days off, I left my cell phone number at the end of my first post. I can't answer it at work so I suggest texting me. I didn't expect the awesomeness of responses, everyone I ask to go shooting with me 50% no 50% yes and 50% of the yes's no show/blow me off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in Lisbon. Count me in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I have as follows:

12" steel plate target

6' folding table & a few chairs

Shot timer (maybe set up a pistol/rifle course?)

Case of clay targets & hand chucker

I can help out too, but forecasting is tough with work/family schedule.

Edit: Have friends and access to pop-up  canopies, more clay targets, targets stands/MDF silhouettes, chrono and range finder.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm in Lisbon. Count me in.
View Quote

Can I count you in for a day to shoot and clear, measure, evaluate with 1-2 other close by members to get the place ready for a decent amount of shooters. My cell number is in the OP. Thanks Will
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Can I count you in for a day to shoot and clear, measure, evaluate with 1-2 other close by members to get the place ready for a decent amount of shooters. My cell number is in the OP. Thanks Will
View Quote

You bet. As long as its on a weekend, I work 3rd shift.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pick me up, Mike. And if you're thinking if skipping out of me buying lunch, refueling your car and buying ammo You have another thing coming.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh my. Another gun grabber.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Simple.

Don't bring your LCM and you are good to go
View Quote

I don't have any low capacity mags
Well except for my deep carry gun
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#50]
OK Cool. I got KPrice to come help me prep the area, get some yardage markers put up and do a little test firing. Looking for one or two more to help clear an area past 150 for the guys requesting long distances for their scoped rifles. Of course we will be testing firing to make sure the area is sufficient.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top