Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/22/2014 1:09:08 PM EDT
Just saw on the CCDL facebook group.

Is this guy trolling or what?

Link to his opinion piece on required assault weapons training should be mandated for purchasers: http://www.scribd.com/doc/219665517/Assault-Weapons-Ban-in-Connecticut-One-Marines-Perspective

This idiot has the nerve to join the CCDL group to tout this bullshit?

Are you fvcking kidding me? And some of the FB group members are entertaining it?

How far does he think he is going to get with this approach (nevermind no one knows who he is)?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Purchasers?  There are no more purchases.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Purchasers?  There are no more purchases.
View Quote

I know. The guy supports a repeal, but only under the condition that people go through the same training that he went through in the Marines if they want to own an AR-15.

I'm about to post this to GD.

His FB group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaita-for-Governor-of-Connecticut/227553234115005?fref=nf
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Whether or not you agree, he does make a good point about lack of training.  The nra safety course is a joke.  My instructor spent more time on ct politics and the live fire is a joke.  Plus we all have experiences with that guy at the range.

I would rather we have a better safety course for your permit.  Maybe some sort of mentoring program with experienced shooters.  What concerns me most is having .gov define a training course.  Just look at how well common core is working.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The CT constitution says we have a right to keep and bear arms.

It does NOT say we can keep and bear arms only after training.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Whether or not you agree, he does make a good point about lack of training.  The nra safety course is a joke.  My instructor spent more time on ct politics and the live fire is a joke.  Plus we all have experiences with that guy at the range.

I would rather we have a better safety course for your permit.  Maybe some sort of mentoring program with experienced shooters.  What concerns me most is having .gov define a training course.  Just look at how well common core is working.
View Quote

I think you should be able to buy whatever you want and it's up to you to seek training if you want it.

Letting the government force training just creates another barrier to exercising rights.

Keep in mind this guy isn't just advocating for initial training. He wants annual qualifications.

It's all there - in his blog post.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Per his site:

So, to answer your question:
“Do I support overturning the ban on assault weapons?”

Answer:

So long as any person that owns an assault weapon goes through the same training and annual qualifications I did, then yes, yes I do support overturning the ban.
In the mean time, for those of you that don’t want to go through this type of training and qualification program you can still go to the store and get yourself a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each.

Nobody, (despite the frenzy of misinformation on this topic) not even here in the legislative dysfunctional state of CT, is coming to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

But if we want to own an “Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.
View Quote

This guy can eat a bag of dicks.

Look at me! I served! I am highly trained! Whoop de doo I'm better than you!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd rather NOT have a permit at all. Like the person above indicated the need for training or a permit IS NOT mentioned in the 2nd Amendment nor in Article 1, Section 15. As we see time and again, no amount of training will stop someone from mishandling their firearm.

Don't know who Dan Gaita is, but mandating training is NOT a compromise we should make just to repeal an already unconstitutional law. If he wants to discuss the merits of people CHOOSING to take training then lets have it. But no way should the government mandate training as a prerequisite to buying a firearm. The whole "shall not be infringed" things should at least mean something. Once people think mandating training is a good idea what else will seem like a good idea which will ultimately be used to limit and eventually ban the 2nd Amendment?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd rather NOT have a permit at all. Like the person above indicated the need for training or a permit IS NOT mentioned in the 2nd Amendment nor in Article 1, Section 15. As we see time and again, no amount of training will stop someone from mishandling their firearm.

Don't know who Dan Gaita is, but mandating training is NOT a compromise we should make just to repeal an already unconstitutional law. If he wants to discuss the merits of people CHOOSING to take training then lets have it. But no way should the government mandate training as a prerequisite to buying a firearm. The whole "shall not be infringed" things should at least mean something. Once people think mandating training is a good idea what else will seem like a good idea which will ultimately be used to limit and eventually ban the 2nd Amendment?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has to be a MDA plant or something.

Seek donations and funnel them to MDA or SHP or NAA.

If anyone else is in the CCDL facebook group, I encourage you to participate in the dogpile.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Screw him! Don't see this as a compromise it just sounds like more government regulation to me and another way for the fine state of CT to get more money out of you!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#10]
What the statist nazis who coined the phrase "assault weapon", simply don't understand, is that these rifles are essentially NO different than a "hunting rifle" that shoots the same caliber, at the same rate of fire as a semi-automatic AR15. The pistol grip, size of magazine, evil features, THE COLOR, etc... None of that has anything to do with making it more assaulty than anything else on the market.

I know it. You know it. And a MARINE SHOULD KNOW IT!

While I can certainly understand the legal rationale of requiring someone to prove their ability to use a firearm before purchasing it (similar passing a driving test in order to purchase a car), there's simply no reason to separate AR15s from any other rifle, for any reason. I just don't understand how people can fall into the belief that black rifles are any more dangerous than any other rifle, just because cunts like Dianne Fienstein say so. And now a Marine is behind it?

I don't have any idea what fucking country this is anymore.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If anyone else is in the CCDL facebook group, I encourage you to participate in the dogpile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he's a plant, maybe not. either way he smells like a progressive anti rights gun grabber based on his statements about wanting annual qualifications in exchange for repealing existing law, and his ignorance of how obtaining a gun or ammunition actually works post 4/4/13, 10/1/13 and 4/1/14. One cannot just go to the store and get themselves a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each. Instead one has to go hat in hand to the state, ask for permission then pay them upwards of $200 or more for the privilege just to be able just to buy a long gun or hand gun or ammunition. You'd think he'd at least have a fucking clue on a pivotal issue in the upcoming election.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Who determines what the course would consist of and how long?  Training for the police is for liability purposes, not really for safety.  Also, police have to train and qualify for every firearm and caliber they intend on using.  This not a model that should be applied to citizens.  What happens if you don't qualify or pass their test?  Do you have to surrender your guns?  They can keep adding more to the cost and the criteria.  Where would it stop?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What the statist nazis who coined the phrase "assault weapon", simply don't understand, is that these rifles are essentially NO different than a "hunting rifle" that shoots the same caliber, at the same rate of fire as a semi-automatic AR15. The pistol grip, size of magazine, evil features, THE COLOR, etc... None of that has anything to do with making it more assaulty than anything else on the market.

While I can certainly understand the legal rationale of requiring someone to prove their ability to use a firearm before purchasing it (similar passing a driving test in order to purchase a car), there's simply no reason to separate AR15s from any other rifle, for any reason. I just don't understand how people can fall into the belief that black rifles are any more dangerous than any other rifle, just because cunts like Dianne Fienstein say so. And now a Marine is behind it?

View Quote

Unfortunately, the Northeast is full of asshats like this guy. Many of them served. And they have a pompous attitude.

Look at the jerk that was running for MA Senate and lost. Former Navy Seal who was in favor of gun control and ran as a...... Republican!

This guy has a lot of nerve posting this on Facebook for an audience of gun rights supporters.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who determines what the course would consist of and how long?  Training for the police is for liability purposes, not really for safety.  Also, police have to train and qualify for every firearm and caliber they intend on using.  This not a model that should be applied to citizens.  What happens if you don't qualify or pass their test?  Do you have to surrender your guns?  They can keep adding more to the cost and the criteria.  Where would it stop?
View Quote

He clearly hasn't thought it through.

Then again, his post indicates he believes that the government isn't coming for our guns and implies it in a way that makes people out to be paranoid for being concerned about it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe he's a plant, maybe not. either way he smells like a progressive anti rights gun grabber based on his statements about wanting annual qualifications in exchange for repealing existing law, and his ignorance of how obtaining a gun or ammunition actually works post 4/4/13, 10/1/13 and 4/1/14. One cannot just go to the store and get themselves a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each. Instead one has to go hat in hand to the state, ask for permission then pay them upwards of $200 or more for the privilege just to be able just to buy a long gun or hand gun or ammunition. You'd think he'd at least have a fucking clue on a pivotal issue in the upcoming election.
View Quote

I'm not even worried about him gaining any traction at all, but rather the audacity of someone proposing compromise with the other side. Today it's training. Tomorrow, it's heavy taxes. The day after, it can only be kept at the range. Then, it gets taken away.

It thoroughly disgusts me...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not even worried about him gaining any traction at all, but rather the audacity of someone proposing compromise with the other side. Today it's training. Tomorrow, it's heavy taxes. The day after, it can only be kept at the range. Then, it gets taken away.

It thoroughly disgusts me...
View Quote

Yes its disgusting. But he will gain some traction among those fence sitters who think its reasonable to require people who own evil baby killing booolet spitting machinegun weapons of mass destruction assault weapons. He's either willfully lying about what "assault weapons" really are to gain votes from the FUDD's, and or those who don't understand what AW's really are, or is truly ignorant of what constitutes and assault weapon in this state. If he's ignorant then he's a fucking moron. (sorry but he is). Like was said above as a Marine he should damn well know the difference between a real assault rifle and a semiautomatic rifle and further should damn well know that the law bans cosmetic features.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]
He posted the following about an hour ago to his facebook page...

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut Remember Scott, Lanzas mom was not trained, did not lock up the guns and ammo and neglected his mental health issues. Those that understand how legislation is influenced understand the importance of compromise solutions. I am sure Foley, or Boughton would be happy to articulate their plans on 2A. Wr already know Malloy's position. But i bet ya none of them will offer a clear plan or an alternative solution that even comes close to what i am proposing.

WTF there is supposed to be a "plan" on the 2nd Amendment? What part of "shall not be infringed" doesn't that guy understand? He should be talking about REMOVING infringements not compromising by removing one and adding another.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh man he also posted this too:

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut Also remember this: He who objects to everything, receives nothing...And this is why congress is failing...

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
....Link to his opinion piece on required assault weapons training should be mandated for purchasers: http://www.scribd.com/doc/219665517/Assault-Weapons-Ban-in-Connecticut-One-Marines-Perspective
View Quote

I just read this.  The guy is a self-righteous jackass.  

His Marine experience (and that of other soldiers) means nothing to me in and of itself.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Per his site:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Per his site:

So, to answer your question:
“Do I support overturning the ban on assault weapons?”

Answer:

So long as any person that owns an assault weapon goes through the same training and annual qualifications I did, then yes, yes I do support overturning the ban.
In the mean time, for those of you that don’t want to go through this type of training and qualification program you can still go to the store and get yourself a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each.

Nobody, (despite the frenzy of misinformation on this topic) not even here in the legislative dysfunctional state of CT, is coming to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

But if we want to own an “Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.

I'll shoot known distance against him and his hoo-rah bullshit.  Straight up M16A2 irons.

Shit.  Put a pistol qual in there too.  I'll still beat him.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
More from his facebook page. Notice his response to the following comment on his page...

Liam Heller What the statist nazis who coined the phrase "assault weapon", simply don't understand, is that these rifles are essentially NO different than a "hunting rifle" that shoots the same caliber, at the same rate of fire as a semi-automatic AR15. The pistol grip, size of magazine, evil features, THE COLOR, etc... None of that has anything to do with making it more assaulty than anything else on the market.

While I can certainly understand the legal rationale of requiring someone to prove their ability to use a firearm before purchasing it (similar passing a driving test in order to purchase a car), there's simply no reason to separate AR15s from any other rifle, for any reason. I just don't understand how people can fall into the belief that black rifles are any more dangerous than any other rifle, just because psychopaths like Dianne Fienstein say so. And now a Marine is behind it?

I don't have any idea what damn country this is anymore.

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut It is a shame your perspective is against me rather than seeing mine as for you. But I did offer my life to protect your rights. What have you done to make our nation better?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, the Northeast is full of asshats like this guy. Many of them served. And they have a pompous attitude.

Look at the jerk that was running for MA Senate and lost. Former Navy Seal who was in favor of gun control and ran as a...... Republican!

This guy has a lot of nerve posting this on Facebook for an audience of gun rights supporters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not just the northeast.

That sentiment is a pretty universal and large minority of former .mil and LE.

Maybe even more so in the south.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Can any of our jarheads here confirm his USMC credentials?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]
The guns he used in the military are different from what we are all using, so if he wants to repeal the gun law and propose select fire in CT, Then, I'll go through training.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The guns he used in the military are different from what we are all using, so if he wants to repeal the gun law and propose select fire in CT, Then, I'll go through training.
View Quote

I won't.

Fuck that.

A $15,000 registered receiver is a lot less bullshit than playing soldier for the "right" to own what I'm already being denied.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm currently getting into a discussion with him on his Facebook page. I merely copied and pasted what I said up above and he responded.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#27]
More on his facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=242452109291784&id=227553234115005&comment_id=488728&offset=0&total_comments=5

Here are some of  following posts from that link that are from Gaita:

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut The question should be: When I am elected Governor will I seek to end the ban on assault weapons provided we can require proper training and qualification standards for assault weapon owners…..that is a YES. It will create jobs, create a new industry for firearms safety and training and improve the effectiveness of the States "militias"

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut Chad Lariviere - In order to overturn the ban, you must propose a plan that courts everyone….If you are against firearms safety and qualification requirements then you have no chance of ever seeing an assault weapon sold in our State again. You must remember that the legislators that voted for the CT Law have no idea what the difference between a Ruger Mini-14 that fires a .223 or a Stag-15 that shoots a .223 is…. All they know is it either does or does not fit the definition of an "assault rifle… Boughton, Foley, Visconti nor Malloy are ever going to have the balls to do what I am proposing…But I appreciate you posting your opinion as i am sure many of you feel the same way.

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut Chad, to answer your questions directly. In grades k-12, all American students are supposed to be taught and tested on Civics which is supposed to teach them about the Constitution and Bill of Rights which cover both Voting, and Speech. We already require this in our standard education system. So to answer the question about requiring gun safety for assault weapons I would say yes….

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut After all, it is already a requirement that we take gun/hunter safety course before getting a license to hunt right?….and it is also already a law that we attend firearms safety courses before attaining a permit to carry, right? So what I am proposing is the only logical solution that appeals to the anti 2A group and is already required for us gun owners….You, my friend, are arguing with an ally that seeks a resolution to a common problem…. I am on your side.. I can not force you to see this.

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut this is a discussion in the clear open realm where everyone can see my replies….no hidden agenda, no political double talk, and no separate position based on the crowd I am speaking to…Nope, just honest answers to honest concerns….sure would be nice if it worked this way in Hartford and DC, would't it?

David LaFleche Dan, I am not sure that "everyone" wanting to own and shoot an "assault" rifle needs to be as qualified as a US Marine. I would like to be, but I am not sure that should be required. As far as self defense is concerned I think I would have a tough time in court saying that I had to defend myself from 500 yards away (99.99% of the time anyway). I think your position is a bit too extreme. That is just my feeling, but I think most would agree. I applaud your service and your achievement. My dad scored a perfect score when he qualified as a Marine and to say the least he is very proud of that. What I do agree with is that to overturn this ridiculous law we need to somehow appease the un-educated gun grabbers. I am not sure exactly how we do that without being a little extreme, but we need to be careful not to over burden the good law abiding citizens who just want to exercise our rights and indulge in what we find to be enjoyable recreation at the gun range or hunting in the field. I do feel everyone should pass a test as we already do. Maybe the class should be a little more involved. But to cause me to re-qualify every year? To charge me hundreds of dollars for the ability to freely exercise my rights? I think that is going too far. Maybe we should add a small tax the EVERYONE pays that would pay for this type of training and those that want to get trained and be able to purchase "assault" rifles would be able to take the class(es) at no charge. I would be very willing to vote for that.

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut David LaFleche - great ideas and I agree with your positions…The greatest aspect of our training in the Corps, besides lethal accuracy at long distance, was control, discipline under pressure, safety and awareness.

Gaita for Governor of Connecticut In the case of Lanza, his mother lacked both control of her firearms, and safety of storage. He should have never been able to get his hands on those weapons. The new laws do nothing to stop it from happening again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm currently getting into a discussion with him on his Facebook page. I merely copied and pasted what I said up above and he responded.
View Quote

Yeah and look at his response. I've been reading through his comments and I have no doubt he'll get the FUDD's on his side. There are more than a few who will see what he is proposing as a "reasonable compromise".
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#29]

This guy's a fucking twat.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah and look at his response. I've been reading through his comments and I have no doubt he'll get the FUDD's on his side. There are more than a few who will see what he is proposing as a "reasonable compromise".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have to take survival training and safari hunting classes to shoot half-retarded whitetails
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#31]
The more I see him post the more I go . I laughed out loud at his now twice pulling out his dick to have a dick measuring content with his whole what have you done for America line. Sorry but the minute you have to question someone like that you've already lost the argument. He's making that statement to try and shame the other person for questioning a "Marine". That is typical progressive internet arguing tactics. And he dodged the question of why someone needs to get training to use an AR-15 but not a Mini-14.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The more I see him post the more I go . I laughed out loud at his now twice pulling out his dick to have a dick measuring content with his whole what have you done for America line. Sorry but the minute you have to question someone like that you've already lost the argument. He's making that statement to try and shame the other person for questioning a "Marine". That is typical progressive internet arguing tactics. And he dodged the question of why someone needs to get training to use an AR-15 but not a Mini-14.
View Quote

We should remind him that we, the people, picked up the bill for not only his training but his salary as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey danny Gaita, stick it.
You sound like Ma-Ma-Malloy trying to make another tax for the over burdened people of CT. You must qualify every year at only these places @ $240 per day, or bla bla bla...

If you can pass a basic safety course up front and you know how to behave with a firearm in your hands, that's good enough for me.

The nice people you shoot near at the firing lines will deal with any of your bad habits....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone set the jackals in GD against him yet?

A Marine can take on a lot of things.

Cheeto-brethed GD'ers, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I see some members beating him up on FB
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You might have to spearhead this effort Mr. Hardcore.

I can't even comment in GD on celebrity women that have ugly feet anymore without a trillion "her feet, her rules" responses.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can't even comment in GD on celebrity women that have ugly feet anymore without a trillion "her feet, her rules" responses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?  GD only likes fat chicks.  You should know this.

If someone says that Eva Longoria has ugly feet, I am going to rip their trachea out.

I have to go for a run right now.  I'll let GD know about Mr. Gaita 4 Gov in a bit.  Someone else can take the ball if they want to before then.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nothing from GD in particular. But check out BOTD

If someone says that Eva Longoria has ugly feet, I am going to rip their trachea out.

Selena Gomez > her

I have to go for a run right now.  I'll let GD know about Mr. Gaita 4 Gov in a bit.  Someone else can take the ball if they want to before then.

Much thanks for doing the needful.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Lol

Echo 6 said cunt

And twat

Winner!!!

It should be the owners responsibility to now how to safely maintain and operate his firearms
But that's the joy of owning them, getting good at it.

Mandatory anything is bullshit. Annual Qauls? I shoot more rounds now in one Sunday afternoon session than I did in a whole year in uniform

And I don't just blast I work on technique n shit.

Since cunt and twat are taken I'm throwing down...

Cockpocket
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Posted thread in GD for the LULZ.

Dan Gaita Former Marine Running For CT Gov Wants Marine Training/Quals for Owning Assault Weapons

Edit: and it didn't take long for the lulz to start in the GD thread.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Posted thread in GD for the LULZ.

Dan Gaita Former Marine Running For CT Gov Wants Marine Training/Quals for Owning Assault Weapons

Edit: and it didn't take long for the lulz to start in the GD thread.
View Quote

Damnit. I just posted.

Thats what I get for doing an extra 4 laps.

Gotta run off the chocolate bunnies
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Selena Gomez > her

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selena Gomez > her

I never went in to BOTD.  Even before.  This place has terrible taste in women.

I do occasionally get texts messages of pictures that will never make BOTD from some board members though.  No I'm not sharing, but you can look at my phone.

Meh on Selena.  Like a little girl.  I like a little older / leaner.  Wait.  Why the fuck am I even talking about this?    Any of you guys into elbows?

One shameless fetish I DO have........

TANLINES
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#43]
OK Sbhaven, let's see who get's more traction.  Or the dupe police.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your thread got locked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Your thread got locked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your thread got locked.

What else is new....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#46]
How does shall not be infringed square up against the Heller case that some regulation is allowed?  That decision opened the door to firearm's regulations.  I'd rather not let the courts decide what regulations are acceptable and/or not.  

I have no problems with making background checks tougher.  I'd love to see that balanced with it being much cheaper to get a permit and no need for renewals.  All said and done, SB1160 did was further price out the lower income people.

Personally I'd love to see some non profit group setup to help lower income people get their permits and help provide low cost training for everybody.  

Quoted:
The whole "shall not be infringed" things should at least mean something.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How does shall not be infringed square up against the Heller case that some regulation is allowed?  That decision opened the door to firearm's regulations.  I'd rather not let the courts decide what regulations are acceptable and/or not.  

I have no problems with making background checks tougher.  I'd love to see that balanced with it being much cheaper to get a permit and no need for renewals.  All said and done, SB1160 did was further price out the lower income people.

Personally I'd love to see some non profit group setup to help lower income people get their permits and help provide low cost training for everybody.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The whole "shall not be infringed" things should at least mean something.

Campaign material
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just read it all. Good stuff. Pisses the fuck out of me thinking he's better then someone because he served. True Hero's are humble and don't need to boast their desk job in the coast guard
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like GD is starting to light up his Facebook page.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just read it all. Good stuff. Pisses the fuck out of me thinking he's better then someone because he served. True Hero's are humble and don't need to boast their desk job in the coast guard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. The fact that he posted at least twice the same general line: "But I did offer my life to protect your rights. What have you done to make our nation better?" when he was questioned about his stance tells us volumes about him personally. It shows his arrogance elitist dismissive view of the "little people".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top